• Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
Rent control sweeping the nation ?

Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Posted Jun 24 2019, 08:36

Seems like Rent control in some form or fashion Is gaining a lot of traction around the US..  Oregon just passed state wide.

Washington some new rules.. California of course has had rent control in many cities for decades.. NY same thing. 

Minneapolis has some new bills etc etc..

There seems to be a target on the landlords back.. Is this just along party lines or do you landlords think this Is what the future holds over the next decade and like Cannabis laws starts in one place and will end up nation wide.

It seems these are meant to create affordable rent situations / or keep rents in check.. when I talk to landlords. I hear the oppostie

most say they will raise rents as aggressively as possible.. one to keep from having to rent to renters that heretofore U could have just rejected because of criminal or other issues.. 

This being a landlord dominated site would be interested in view points from others.. I have no dog in the hunt only  a few rentals left but I did own hundreds of them at one time. 

Bottom line I can see this in many areas having the exact opposite affect than the law makers envision.

Loading replies...