2014 Bigger Pockets Summit

2014 Bigger Pockets Summit

Graham MinkPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Stowe, VT · Member since 2013 · 102 posts · 27 votes

Will there be one this year?

From all accounts the 2012 Summit was a huge success. I would love the opportunity to attend one this year. A biennial conference would make a lot of sense, although I know the amount of work that goes into it is staggering. Is there anything the BP Community can do to help out?

2Reply
47 views

Most Popular Reply

Brandon TurnerPro Member
Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
12y

Montesano, WA! We'll have a camp out in my backyard! :)

We are chatting about how to pull the next one off... but no concrete plans have been made yet. Stay tuned! And we appreciate the offers of help. I know we'll definitely take you all up on it when it comes!

See this reply in the discussion

50 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Johnson H.Pro Member
    Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2010 · 910 posts · 889 votes
    12y

    Calling @Joshua D.! I enjoyed the 2012 one as well. I hope this can happen for 2014!

  • Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2013 · 115 posts · 76 votes
    12y

    I 3rd the motion. I agree with @Graham Mink

    @Joshua D.

    @Joshua D. and @Brandon Turner You guys have nothing but free time on your hands, get to work! Jk

    Seriously though, if time is an obstacle, I'm sure that many of us in the community would step up to help with tasks, ideas, planning.

    Btw, my completely unbiased opinion is that Northern California would be the ideal place to host the event. :-)

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    Wisconsin would be the ideal place to host the event.

    ( Midwest – Harley Davidson, brats, beer, cheese kingdom )

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Montesano, WA! We'll have a camp out in my backyard! :)

    We are chatting about how to pull the next one off... but no concrete plans have been made yet. Stay tuned! And we appreciate the offers of help. I know we'll definitely take you all up on it when it comes!

  • Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2012 · 289 posts · 74 votes
    12y
    I think Las Vegas would be an ideal location.
  • Robert AdamsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Henderson, NV · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 373 votes
    12y

    I second having it in Vegas....warm weather, plenty of venues, plenty of hotel rooms, and who doesn't a vacation in Vegas?

    The Adams Team at Rothwell Gornt Companies4.970 Reviews
  • Realtor · Navarre, FL · Member since 2014 · 156 posts · 55 votes
    12y

    It would be awesome if it was held in Las Vegas! I'd definitely attend! :) Plus, who doesn't love to visit Las Vegas?

  • Greenwood, IN · Member since 2012 · 95 posts · 17 votes
    12y
    Brandon Turner Joshua Dorkin September would be an ideal time seeing how that's the only month I'll be in the states this year. Just saying.
  • Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 138 posts · 45 votes
    12y

    I agree Vegas would be amazing! I'm more than happy to help, as well as I'm sure many others. Looking forward to hearing more info and how I can help :)

  • Andy MadridPro Member
    New York, NY · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    New York City!

  • Chester, NJ · Member since 2013 · 150 posts · 30 votes
    12y

    New York would be nice but you can't go wrong with Vegas. I can see Josh and Brandon in their Elvis costumes!

  • Real Estate Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2014 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    As a newbie to REI and BP, I would love the opportunity of a Summit. Personally I think Vegas is a great location...lots of hotel rooms, cheap airfare to get here, plenty of conference space, etc.

    Please let me know if I can help in any way.

  • Investor · Hattiesburg, MS · Member since 2014 · 280 posts · 98 votes
    12y

    A hub city with some venue but lower costs such as Atlanta, Houston, Memphis, etc would seem they get a bigger turn-out. Could do a split location in the West too with a video/audio feed for those that don't want to travel far, such as Pheonix, Las Vegas, etc. and feed either direction. Or find one location with a $20 fee for web login to watch/hear speakers and see a roving videographer of vendors at the Summit. With planning taking a bit of time, folks I would say shoot for a date in Spring or Fall of 2015 and jump off the threes played up on the podcast I heard today. , thanks, Darron

  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 969 posts · 524 votes
    12y

    I like Vegas as well!!

  • Investor · Hampton Roads, VA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 418 votes
    12y

    I'll bring cigars!!!

  • Specialist · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2013 · 639 posts · 176 votes
    12y

    All you Vegas fans! Wow! I'll bet y'all are just looking for a tax deductible party weekend. There's no cheap location for this kind of event. Sponsorship is where you will start. How much would such an event cost? What are the benefits of attendance? What's on offer to potential sponsors?

  • Real Estate Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2014 · 201 posts · 74 votes
    12y

    Vegas is usually cheap to fly into and you can stay for a reasonable price. The event could also be run off-strip perhaps down south at the M Resort. Its super nice. Depending on timing and cost of the event, I would totally go. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Houston, TX · Member since 2012 · 40 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    I vote Vegas.  Cheaper rates Mon-Thurs.

  • Investor · (Raleigh Durham area), NC · Member since 2013 · 58 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Vegas Vegas Vegas!

  • Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 451 posts · 96 votes
    12y

    Vegas...

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 13 votes
    12y

    I vote Vegas! 

    And not because I live here
    or hate spending money on a rental car
    or hate flying
    or I would miss my family
    or my dog
    or wouldn't spend money on a hotel
    or I could eat at the places I like

    Non of those reasons apply to why I vote VEGAS :) 

  • Robert ChuangPro Member
    Realtor · Arcadia, CA · Member since 2014 · 145 posts · 46 votes
    12y

    Tax deductibles in Sin City!!! Who wouldn't love that! 

  • Danny SimardPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles · Member since 2014 · 74 posts · 36 votes
    12y

    Any update on this?

  • Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    They decided on Miami out of all places. Oh well, welcome to the MIA!!!

  • Development Coordinator · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 29 posts · 9 votes
    12y

    Where can we find more information about it?  I would love to come - not just because I'm living in Miami ; )

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.