LA Meetup - February 28th, 2015

LA Meetup - February 28th, 2015

When:

Where:457 N. Fairfax Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 50 posts · 30 votes

To All LA Real Estate Enthusiasts,

The awesome @Jon Huber is organizing another great LA Meet-up! Don't miss out on this great opportunity to network with like minded people. See details below:

@Jon Huber 's Post:

Okay everyone!!! I did some scouting and I was able to talk with a coffee shop that will let us meet. The place is located by the Melrose Trading Post, so parking WILL be an issue. Try to get there early. Also, please try to RSVP here, or send a message to @Jon Huber so I can try to get a rough head count. The back room space fits about 35-40. Indicate if it is a +1 or not. I tried to have a centralized location, as all of the investors come from all around the LA area.

ALSO... the owner will NOT be charging us to rent the backroom/theatre area, as long as we are good patrons and everyone buys a coffee and/or a bite. It is, in fact, a coffee shop. I am sure we can make this a regular meeting place, as long as we all comply.

WHERE: The Open Space Cafe

457 N. Fairfax Ave.

Los Angeles, CA 90036

WHEN: Sunday, Feb 28th, 2015 between 3pm - 5pm

VENUE INFO:

https://www.facebook.com/openspacela

http://www.openspacela.com/

3Reply
189 views

Most Popular Reply

Jon HuberPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
11y

Thank you to everyone who came out. It was a really great time, and a really great networking event. I'm going to be looking into other venues that will allow for better parking, and possible overage time if the meeting runs long. Overall, it was a really nice meetup. Thanks again

See this reply in the discussion

80 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    I'm going to attend. Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Beverly Hills, CA · Member since 2014 · 472 posts · 272 votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber Thanks for organizing this. Unfortunately, I have a pre-existing engagement and will be out of town that weekend. But count me in for the next one for sure!

  • Lincoln, NE · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    I will be attending and will be bringing a +1. Just to be sure tho - it's is SATURDAY the 28th? Not Sunday, correct? 

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Allison R.  That is correct. Saturday the 28th

  • Lincoln, NE · Member since 2014 · 24 posts · 11 votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber Awesome, thanks. Count me in! 

  • Investor · Van Nuys, CA · Member since 2014 · 151 posts · 38 votes
    11y

    Thx @Jon Huber ...we'll see you there :-)

  • Rental Property Investor · Encino, CA · Member since 2014 · 48 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    @Jon_Huber thanks for organizing the meet-up. Looking forward to it!

  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber - How long do you think it would take to get there from the John Wayne airport area?  1 hour?  Hour and thirty?  I am going to be in town at that time and have an engagement that ends at 1:00pm.  Would love to make it if I can so wanted to get an idea of how long it would take to get there.

    Thanks - Chris 

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Chris Clothier  It should take about an hour and a half, but remember Los Angeles traffic is spotty. It can be "bumper to bumper" or "clear and free" for no reasons at all. I would give two hours worst case scenario, and that would include looking for parking. You should be fine to be there by 3pm.

    That being said, we would love to have you at the meetup. Most of the attendees are podcasts junkies and have probably heard your #26. Consider your coffee on me...

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 354 posts · 98 votes
    11y


    @Chris Clothier Hey!  That would be great if you can make it!  The drive would take a solid hour but, as Jon mentions, it should not take more than two hours from John Wayne.

  • Investor · Torrance, CA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    @Evelyn Jordan @Jon Huber I will be there, thanks guys for arranging the meet.

    Matthew

  • Developer · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hello, 

    Would love to come to come +1 

  • Long Beach, CA · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I plan on attending as long as I don't have work that day. 

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    I plan on going with a +1 who is a maybe. My fiancé may have to work. 

  • Investor · West Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 230 posts · 239 votes
    11y

    I will be there

  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Jon Huber:

    @Chris Clothier  It should take about an hour and a half, but remember Los Angeles traffic is spotty. It can be "bumper to bumper" or "clear and free" for no reasons at all. I would give two hours worst case scenario, and that would include looking for parking. You should be fine to be there by 3pm.

    That being said, we would love to have you at the meetup. Most of the attendees are podcasts junkies and have probably heard your #26. Consider your coffee on me...

     Jon and Peggy, please RSVP me  for the 28th.  I will drive up that afternoon from our meeting that morning in OC and really look forward to meeting everyone!

    Chris

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Chris Clothier looking forward to it

  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Count me in, I'll be there.

  • Homeowner · Hawthorne, CA · Member since 2014 · 11 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    I will be there

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 26 posts · 0 votes
    11y
    I will be there. Thank you for arranging this.
  • Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2015 · 75 posts · 25 votes
    11y

    I will be in attendance. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

  • Real Estate Investor · West Hills, CA · Member since 2015 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    This will be my first ever meet up, I'll be there +2. I'm excited to meet you all.

  • Westlake Village, CA · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Hi everyone! See you all there.  Thanks very much @Jon Huber

  • Involved In Real Estate · Marina Del Rey, CA · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    I'll be there. Can't wait to meet everybody! Potential +1 but I will confirm that by the end of the week.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Long Beach, CA · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    I will be there if the even is on Saturday. If it's on Sunday then I won't be able to make it. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.