LA Meetup - February 28th, 2015

LA Meetup - February 28th, 2015

When:

Where:457 N. Fairfax Ave. Los Angeles, CA 90036

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Residential Real Estate Agent · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 50 posts · 30 votes

To All LA Real Estate Enthusiasts,

The awesome @Jon Huber is organizing another great LA Meet-up! Don't miss out on this great opportunity to network with like minded people. See details below:

@Jon Huber 's Post:

Okay everyone!!! I did some scouting and I was able to talk with a coffee shop that will let us meet. The place is located by the Melrose Trading Post, so parking WILL be an issue. Try to get there early. Also, please try to RSVP here, or send a message to @Jon Huber so I can try to get a rough head count. The back room space fits about 35-40. Indicate if it is a +1 or not. I tried to have a centralized location, as all of the investors come from all around the LA area.

ALSO... the owner will NOT be charging us to rent the backroom/theatre area, as long as we are good patrons and everyone buys a coffee and/or a bite. It is, in fact, a coffee shop. I am sure we can make this a regular meeting place, as long as we all comply.

WHERE: The Open Space Cafe

457 N. Fairfax Ave.

Los Angeles, CA 90036

WHEN: Sunday, Feb 28th, 2015 between 3pm - 5pm

VENUE INFO:

https://www.facebook.com/openspacela

http://www.openspacela.com/

3Reply
180 views

Most Popular Reply

Jon HuberPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
11y

Thank you to everyone who came out. It was a really great time, and a really great networking event. I'm going to be looking into other venues that will allow for better parking, and possible overage time if the meeting runs long. Overall, it was a really nice meetup. Thanks again

See this reply in the discussion

80 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    I will be there!

  • Real Estate Agent · Plano, TX · Member since 2015 · 59 posts · 70 votes
    11y

    Sweet! Looking forward to meeting some great people :)

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Lakewood, CA · Member since 2008 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    I'm confirming my spot + 3. I'm truly looking forward to other LA Investors who are in the game making things happen.

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 155 posts · 81 votes
    11y

    Ill be there. Look forward to it.

  • Involved In Real Estate · Marina Del Rey, CA · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    Confirming my +1. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    I will be there! 

  • Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 147 posts · 50 votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber Count me in as well. Looking forward to it!

  • Duarte, CA · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber I'll be there +1.  Looking forward to meeting everyone!

  • Investor · Redondo Beach, CA · Member since 2013 · 95 posts · 21 votes
    11y

    I am going to try to make it.  I am going to the Memphis Invest event in the OC that morning, but if @Chris Clothier can make it I guess I can too.

  • Investor · Van Nuys, CA · Member since 2014 · 151 posts · 38 votes
    11y

    Tricia and myself will be there @Jon Huber 
    Thanks for makin' it happen!

  • Investor · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2012 · 627 posts · 204 votes
    11y

    Rima and I will come.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Camarillo, CA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber sounds like your getting a great response.  I hope that we don't grow out of the venue.  I plan on being there I hope it doesn't rain.

  • Chino, CA · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    I plan on attending with my twin brother. +1

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    11y

    @Jeff Greenberg  Looks to be about 70 RSVPs, many of which have never attended before. That makes for a much more exciting meeting and new networks to be created. I know I am looking forward to it.

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Count me in!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Lakewood, CA · Member since 2008 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    @Chris Clothier 

     I'll drive you since I will be at your event in the morning. Then we can drive in the carpool lane, and save maybe 10 minutes....lol!!!!

  • Chris ClothierBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Bernie Germani:

    @Chris Clothier 

     I'll drive you since I will be at your event in the morning. Then we can drive in the carpool lane, and save maybe 10 minutes....lol!!!!

     Bernie - 

    Looking forward to meeting you this morning and then sharing even more up in Hollywood!  And the carpool lane sounds excellent!

  • Involved In Real Estate · Marina Del Rey, CA · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 15 votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber thanks for doing such a great job putting everything together. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone today, unfortunately I'm having a little bit of a family emergency and won't be able to attend. Please keep me informed of the next meetup. 

  • Investor · Mission Viejo, CA · Member since 2012 · 627 posts · 204 votes
    11y

    With the rainy weather and 3-4 hour roundtrip, we will pass. 

    By the way, the middle of southern California is Orange County, not downtown LA.

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 231 posts · 260 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Masek:

    With the rainy weather and 3-4 hour roundtrip, we will pass. 

    By the way, the middle of southern California is Orange County, not downtown LA.

     Not sure who said it was.  The title of the thread and the ensuing description clearly states "LA meetup".

    I thought the venue was great and I know it is tough to find these spaces for such a big group, especially free of charge.  Thanks to Jon Huber and whomever else helped organize.

  • Contractor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Stephen Masek:

    With the rainy weather and 3-4 hour roundtrip, we will pass. 

    By the way, the middle of southern California is Orange County, not downtown LA.

     This is LA, not southern california, hence "LA MEETUP".

  • Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2014 · 49 posts · 27 votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber 

    I don't know how I missed this but I am bummed I couldn't be there. Instead I went to an inspection on one of our houses that just went into escrow and showed up to find someone sawed off my lockbox and broke into the house!  I would have much rather been hanging with you fine people. :) Please keep me in the loop for the next meet up. 

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2015 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    Bummed I missed this meetup. I've been placed on bedrest at the last minute. I would love to attend the next meetup!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Lakewood, CA · Member since 2008 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    11y

    So bummed I missed 2 real estate events today and the LA meeting was 1 of them, so please share the feedback from today for those who attended.

  • Canyon Country, CA · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    @Jon Huber  I had a great time, thanks for putting it all together. I can't wait until the next one.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.