PDX Meet and Greet

PDX Meet and Greet

When:

Where:Lake Oswego, OR

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Flipper/Rehabber · Summerville, SC · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 51 votes

BIGGER POCKETS MEET AND GREET

The last BP Portland Event was well received and had over 20 people sharing their knowledge and experience!

Speakers: 

Jay Hinrichs
&
Brad France
Owner, NW Rehab Homes

Topics: Portland's current market conditions | How to find off market properties | How to quickly analyze properties | Buying turn key properties out of state | Briefly discuss out of state investing for cash flow

To be followed up with a Q&A forum.

With Jay's combined 30 years of experience in Real Estate investing, expect to come out of this event fired up and ready to take on the second evolution of Portland's fast pace market. This is a chance to make new business connections and learn about new industry regulations.

Pizza and beverages will be provided

Location: 5000 Meadows Rd, Suite 150 | Lake Oswego | OR | 97035
3rd floor conference room

When: August 18th, 7:00-9:00 pm 

2Reply
82 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Broker · Beaverton, OR · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 149 votes
11y

I'm in . . . it'll be nice to see everyone from the last meet and greet again, as well as any new attendees.

See this reply in the discussion

63 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    11y

    Planning on being there.

  • Investor · Sherwood, OR · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    I'll be there! 

  • Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    I'll be there. Looking forward to my first BP meet!

  • Commercial Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Looking forward to it.

  • Investor · Wilsonville, OR · Member since 2014 · 59 posts · 51 votes
    11y

    @Brad France

    I am also RSVPing for a second time.  Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow night!

    -Shawn

  • Happy Valley, OR · Member since 2015 · 21 posts · 15 votes
    11y
    It kills me that I can't make this Portland event. I am looking forward to getting acquainted with many of you.
  • General Contractor & Investor · Portland, OR · Member since 2013 · 46 posts · 33 votes
    11y

    Still planning on attending with my wife. Looking forward to it. 

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2013 · 549 posts · 310 votes
    11y
    Hey Portland folks- Indianapolis rust belt investor here--I'm heading to Portland this week and will be staying downtown for the next three days. Would love to connect with you all and hopefully get this meet up and shake some hands. Would love to get to know some of you all beforehand--feel free to reach out. Wheels up to PDX in the morning!
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Clay Manship  if you need directions call me a t 503 789 2451..  as there is no direct flight from indy to PDX when do you think you will land.?

  • Real Estate Investor · Henderson, NV · Member since 2011 · 87 posts · 22 votes
    11y

    @Brad F. and @Jay Hinrichs Darn wish I could go and have a bacon maple voodoo donut to boot, but we can't make it.  Please let me know when the next one is.  Thanks!

  • Mike NussPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 451 posts · 328 votes
    11y

    I'll be there. 

  • Investor, Professional Model · Portland OR. · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    11y

    Yes, I will be there!  

  • Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2013 · 549 posts · 310 votes
    11y

    @Jay Hinrichs

    Actually flying in to SEA around noon PST, have a few meetings, and then making the hike down I-5 to Portland. 

    Should arrive locally in just enough time to make it there. Boarding my first flight for the day as we speak. I will give you a shout if I can't track the place down--thanks for reaching out. See you all soon!

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Clay Manship  next time I will fly up and pick you up at Boing field its only 40 minutes 

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    11y

    Unfortunately Danielle has to work tonight, but maybe she can stop by after her shift is over. I am going to be taking calls from the boat today, but as long as I don't get too sun burnt I will be there :)

  • Wilsonville, OR · Member since 2015 · 1 post · 1 vote
    11y

    Greetings everyone!  

    I will be attending.  Excited to meet everyone.  First time attending.

  • Note Investor · Wilsonville, OR · Member since 2010 · 149 posts · 113 votes
    11y
    I'm in.
  • Investor · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2014 · 65 posts · 26 votes
    11y

    Great Meetup yesterday and a really big turn up !! 

    Met some really focused and enthusiastic people.

    Thanks @Brad F. and  @Jay Hinrichs for hosting this.

  • Investor · Hillsboro, OR · Member since 2014 · 65 posts · 26 votes
    11y

    @Brian Sullivan - I hope you can make it for the next meetup 

  • Entrepreneur · Selma, OR · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    Sadly I missed this one, would have loved to be there. Any idea on a time frame for the next one?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Adam Smith   not sure who might want to take up the call for the next meet up.

    If someone wants to organize one I can use my RE office its in a great location at I 5 and Kruse way in Lake O

  • Entrepreneur · Selma, OR · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    @Jay Hinrichs I have had some experience in the past organizing events. 

    To be honest: It would be worth my time to do it just to meet some amazing individuals.

    I missed the last one so I am unfamiliar with the general agenda of past events.

    For example: Were there speakers? If so, what were their time frames? How many made it to the previous event? How many will your office hold? Who catered if catering was available? Do I need to schedule audio/video for presentations? Who is bringing the CashFlow game? =)  ETC. 

    I appreciate the offer of your office as a venue. That is normally the biggest expense when event scheduling and If the general consensus is for another "Oregon Meet and Greet" , I'll happily take you up on it. 

    I guess the question is: Is there enough interest to schedule something?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Adam Smith   Well we just winged it.. I spoke on the topic of crowdfunding and out of state turn key investing  brad france spoke on the state of the PDX market and how he helps investors buy rehab deals.

    that took an hour.

    I bought the pizza ,, brad bought the drinks.. we went through 6 large pizzas and I think I should have bought 10.  I have no problem feeding the folks and providing drinks..

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 354 posts · 98 votes
    11y

    Keep me in the loop.  I'll try to make it if I can.  Thanks

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    11y

    Maybe the next meeting can be more interactive? There are tons of people who have pearls of wisdom to share and an equal amount of people with questions. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.