PDX Meet and Greet

PDX Meet and Greet

When:

Where:Lake Oswego, OR

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Flipper/Rehabber · Summerville, SC · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 51 votes

BIGGER POCKETS MEET AND GREET

The last BP Portland Event was well received and had over 20 people sharing their knowledge and experience!

Speakers: 

Jay Hinrichs
&
Brad France
Owner, NW Rehab Homes

Topics: Portland's current market conditions | How to find off market properties | How to quickly analyze properties | Buying turn key properties out of state | Briefly discuss out of state investing for cash flow

To be followed up with a Q&A forum.

With Jay's combined 30 years of experience in Real Estate investing, expect to come out of this event fired up and ready to take on the second evolution of Portland's fast pace market. This is a chance to make new business connections and learn about new industry regulations.

Pizza and beverages will be provided

Location: 5000 Meadows Rd, Suite 150 | Lake Oswego | OR | 97035
3rd floor conference room

When: August 18th, 7:00-9:00 pm 

2Reply
80 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Broker · Beaverton, OR · Member since 2014 · 335 posts · 149 votes
11y

I'm in . . . it'll be nice to see everyone from the last meet and greet again, as well as any new attendees.

See this reply in the discussion

63 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Robert Laird  you then need to find a leader that wants to take the time and effort to put together and agenda etc etc.. you probably need to form some sort of committee with a few taking on certain subjects.

    I will provide the meeting place no problem..  will leave it up to the rest of you to figure out how to run the meeting.

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    11y

    @Jay Hinrichs Sounds good to me! You basically just described what an excellent job @Jessica S. did at the first one. She created an agenda, time frame, and everyone had a chance to speak. Each member introduced themselves and got to say a little bit about what they do in the area, or their interest in real estate, after which we all broke up to do networking.

    Maybe for the third meeting we can tag team? Jay handles the event space, Jessica, @Brad F. and @Adam Smith create some kind of agenda or a couple talking points? No matter what, we should definitely get another meeting on the calendar soon because it seems there is a demand for it and it really benefits people who want to make local connections. 

    Keep me posted and happy Friday!

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Robert Laird  Ok maybe just have Jessica keep doing it then if she has a space ( which I think she has) and has a desire to do it and is organized ( which I am not).  

    Keep in mind we had over 50 people at the event at my office. and I think there was 20 or so at hers. . not really feasible to do intro's  with that many in that format. Maybe you limit the attendance so you can have more of a round table type of meeting.

    I know some of the most valuable training I ever got ( now this was in the early 80s was round table meetings with maybe 10 to 12 and talking through scenerios working on pitch's working on come backs etc etc.. But then again I was trying to be a top sale person but I think a lot of that is germane to folks trying to convince other folks to sell them a home at below ARV.

    But you guys handle it ... If I was 30 years younger and just starting out this would be more important to me.. At my age and where I am at personally I was just trying to help and buy some pizza for everyone...  I doubt frankly I will attend one again unless you need my office.

    @Mike Nuss

    Yall should also consider the rare bird  they now have monthly meetings and have an agenda and good networking but I don't think its free I think you have to join not sure you might want to talk with Mike Nuss about that . . I have only been a guest speaker at the local RIA's and that was years ago so not sure how they do their things or if you have to pay etc.

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    11y

    @Mike Nuss Have a circuit of different Real Estate Professors from different Universities guest speak at every Rare Bird meeting and just like everyone else, I will be there. Hahaha 

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Robert Laird  Yes I like Rare bird presentations they are well done well thought out etc.

    Plus anyone who has me as a guest speaker can't be all bad.. and they even bought me a beer... !!

  • Entrepreneur · Selma, OR · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Robert Laird:

    @Jay Hinrichs Sounds good to me! You basically just described what an excellent job @Jessica S. did at the first one. She created an agenda, time frame, and everyone had a chance to speak. Each member introduced themselves and got to say a little bit about what they do in the area, or their interest in real estate, after which we all broke up to do networking.

    Maybe for the third meeting we can tag team? Jay handles the event space, Jessica, @Brad F. and @Adam Smith create some kind of agenda or a couple talking points? No matter what, we should definitely get another meeting on the calendar soon because it seems there is a demand for it and it really benefits people who want to make local connections. 

    Keep me posted and happy Friday!

     Id be happy to organize the agenda but would also welcome the help. I was the President of our local ToastMasters International club for a year and am very familiar with organizing speakers into a time frame. 

    Do we have anyone interested in speaking?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    11y

    @Adam Smith  from what I can see   getting deals in the uber competitive PDX market is something most want to talk about.

    . I am old school I am sure my style does not mesh with the young kids these days.. hell I can't stand text messaging and won't respond to them most times especially if I don't know who it is... I never answer those... so I don't think I could possibly add much there.

    You may want to have in no particular order

    1. title co rep on the new TILA rules that are going to affect us.. this is something folks need to know

    2. someone from the direct marketing field

    3. some sort of sales trainer's that can relate to today's mentalities.

    4. contractors who can give ball park type of numbers and some things that are specific to PDX properties so when your looking at them you know what type of things to look for

    5. RE agents that specialize in rehabbers

    6. HML that are local and that fund deals.

    7. some topics that may be different like note investing 

    8. Land use consultant that understand the complex PDX zoning codes  IE lot confirmations etc these are unique to this area and are big money makers if done right.

    etc etc

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Summerville, SC · Member since 2015 · 63 posts · 51 votes
    11y

    Absolutely! I would love the ability to share the power point presentation I had planned display, which outlined the "secret sauce" to finding off market deals in an aggressive PDX market, working with wholesalers, Joint venturing, and leveraging Realtor's to perform a variety of tasks CMA's, write offers, and listing your home. However, this time, looking forward to a round table discussion similar to the format we had at the first BP meet up.

    Additionally, and In consideration to those who live in a variety of zip codes across PDX, we should think about holding the meet-ups in a variety of locations.  Since the first meet up was in N.E, the second was in Lake Oswego, perhaps the next could be in inner S.E, and then to Beaverton, so on.... @Robert Laird thoughts? 

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 114 votes
    11y

    I don't have many thoughts after that exquisite post! One thing I can say is if people have an interest, lets put a date on the calendar and get people to RSVP so we can get a head count. I think mixing up the location is a good idea too. @Brad F. if you have a location in mind, book a time in the next couple of weeks and get something set. I am looking forward to it! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you prep

  • Investor · Newberg, OR · Member since 2012 · 161 posts · 82 votes
    11y

    I would love to attend!  Count me in!  I was so bummed to have missed the last one!  Lisa

  • Wholesaler · Beaverton, OR · Member since 2015 · 33 posts · 9 votes
    11y
    I would like to attend. I'm a newbie and would like to absorb as much information
  • Entrepreneur · Selma, OR · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Tejuan Nickelson:
    I would like to attend. I'm a newbie and would like to absorb as much information

    Please send me an email at the address below and I'll put you on the contact list for the next one. 

    We are still looking for speakers! If you wish to speak please contact me at the address below. 

  • Entrepreneur · Selma, OR · Member since 2015 · 37 posts · 7 votes
    11y

    New BP Meet and greet posted: please see 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/23...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.