NY-Long Island Meetup

NY-Long Island Meetup

Where:Unknown

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes

Want to set up a NY Meet-up for us fellow Long Island 

Would love to hear some feedback from some people of somethings we can talk about and give it a little struct.

Post it here and if we get some good traction I will set up a time and place.

6Reply
666 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Stony Brook, NY · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
10y

@JohnCohen et Al- I recently joined this forum and recently caught the RE bug. If at all possible could you add me to your email invite list? Thanks in advance. I look forward to meeting everyone. 

See this reply in the discussion

231 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Sea Cliff, NY · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Hey John,

    I just noticed this thread. Please add me to the interested list.

    THX

    TC

  • Holbrook, NY · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hey John

    Anything that might kick start my investing sounds good to me. Count me in. 

    Bob

    Holbrook

  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    10y

    Hey Guys!!! Great you posted in forum, but I would love to set up a networking group. Thinking about a monthly meeting, would you guys be interested?

  • Massapequa, NY · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    Hey John,

    I would definately be intrested in a networking group on Long Island. Keep me posted.  Thanks 

  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    10y

    @Anthony LaBarberaGreat!!! I am looking at scheduling a meet up in March, does that work?

    @Robert Ilario

    @Tim Costello

  • Holbrook, NY · Member since 2016 · 18 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    That is fine.

  • Rock Hill, SC · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 597 votes
    10y

    Guys add me to the list I'm from Charlotte NC but originally from Long Island. I am in NY usually starting in April. I don't like the cold. We have a family office group that lends us capital so I bounce around to the different real estate groups seeing what folks are doing. I was speaking for years teaching SFH turnkey but that was 2010 - 2013. Now our focus is multi family and New construction builds locally

    Alex

  • NY · Member since 2015 · 101 posts · 43 votes
    10y

    I would be interested in a NY-Long Island meet up. 

  • Massapequa, NY · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    March should work for me.

  • Investor · Commack, NY · Member since 2014 · 43 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    John,

    Sounds good, count me in.

  • Flipper · East Norwich, NY · Member since 2015 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    Hi John

    I also would be interested in meeting up with a group. I have gone to a LIREIA ( long Island real Estate Investment Association) as well as East Coast REIA ( also a long Island group) How would this meeting be different ? My experience with those groups , although they had some good people attending, the meetings were not very strong.

  • Investor · Sea Cliff, NY · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    John

    Thank you for the reply. Please alert me with the time/date in March.

    TC

  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    10y

    @John G. I go to both those events also. This would focus on more relevant topics and mostly to network with like minded people. 

    I am going to get something on the calendar for March. I can send out an email also an announcement here for everyone.

  • Dix Hills, NY · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 3 votes
    10y
    I would like to attend as well and get to know everyone. Please let me know when it happens.
  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    10y

    Send me a private message with your email so I can add you to the list

  • Investor · Far Rockaway, NY · Member since 2014 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    10y

    I would also be interested in attending. Please let me know when meeting will take place. 

  • Investor · Stony Brook, NY · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    @JohnCohen et Al- I recently joined this forum and recently caught the RE bug. If at all possible could you add me to your email invite list? Thanks in advance. I look forward to meeting everyone. 

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    This sounds like a great idea and I would like to join as well.  John, I will message you with my contact information.

  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    10y

    @Brian Lee you will be on the list!! send me a PM and we can talk some more

    @Tom Volpeyou will be on the list also!

  • Investor · Levittown, NY · Member since 2015 · 57 posts · 9 votes
    10y

    im intrested, count me in

  • Investor · Stony Brook, NY · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    sorry to go off topic here, but I have not been able to get a good response regarding rental permits on long island. 

    Is anyone familiar with the Town of Brookhaven (Suffolk County NY) ordinance regarding renal permits? Is it enforced? How difficult is it to obtain? What should I have on hand to obtain this? Can I have tenants already during the approval process?

    The town website requires a meeting with the buildings department. Does anyone know what happens during this meeting? Thank you all in advance

    All the best

    Brian

  • Amityville, NY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    Im new to REI and would also be very interested in attending.

    Please add me to your list. 

    Thank you, 

    Rory

  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    10y

    @Brian Lee not too familiar with the Town of Brookhaven, sorry. I would jump on a call with them and ask all the questions. Is it enforced, not that one lol.

    @Rory O'Rourke you in!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Mineola, NY · Member since 2014 · 838 posts · 212 votes
    10y

    @Rory O'Rourke best email address?

  • Amityville, NY · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    I sent you a colleague request.

    Thanks John!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.