Cleveland / LA Meet Up

Cleveland / LA Meet Up

When:

Where:603 N. La Cienega Blvd West Hollywood, California 90069

Cost:Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

John KosterPro Member
Investor · Valley Village, CA · Member since 2012 · 147 posts · 142 votes

Los Angeles investors who invest in Cleveland are meeting for happy hour to talk real estate.  Join us if you want to mingle with other new and experienced investors.  This is just an informal hang out.  No presentations will be given.

EP & LP Rooftop Bar 

603 N. La Cienega West Hollywood, CA 90069

3Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Irvine, CA · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 3 votes
7y

Hi everyone, i'm very new to REI and have been exploring the Cleveland market. Excited to meet everyone!

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 192 posts · 346 votes
    7y
  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 172 posts · 122 votes
    7y

    Looking forward to meeting everyone!

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 210 posts · 155 votes
    7y

    @Brandon Foster Interested?

  • Contractor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2014 · 317 posts · 181 votes
    7y

    I'll be there! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Irvine, CA · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi everyone, i'm very new to REI and have been exploring the Cleveland market. Excited to meet everyone!

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Gladys Garcia:

    Hi everyone, i'm very new to REI and have been exploring the Cleveland market. Excited to meet everyone!

     Welcome to the site Gladys.......Since you're looking into Cleveland I highly recommend you give The Ultimate Guide to Grading Cleveland Neighborhoods a read........Tons of good info in there for you. Cleveland is awesome but still filled with a lot of blight so it's best you know what you're getting yourself into in each of the various neighborhoods.

  • Lauren DiMeoPro Member
    Realtor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Thanks for organizing! I'm very interested in meeting others who have rentals in Cleveland as we're considering purchasing some properties to buy and hold out there. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

  • Investor · Fontana, CA · Member since 2017 · 95 posts · 59 votes
    7y

    I'll try to make it out there. i live in So Cal and have a couple CLE rentals and I'm looking to expand.  

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Hi, has anyone done any flips in Cincinnati area?

  • Specialist · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2018 · 87 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @John Koster its great opportunities here in Cincinnati as well.

  • Specialist · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2018 · 87 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    @Renat Stella i am in Cincinnati yes.

  • Developer · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2019 · 76 posts · 22 votes
    7y

    @John Koster when do you guys usually meet up?

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 11 posts · 8 votes
    7y

    I don’t invest in Cleveland (yet?) but would like to join

  • Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 192 posts · 346 votes
    7y

    @Jason Boritz we haven't had a regular meetup (yet) but more informal gatherings. We may make it more regular depending on interest! 

    @Ramon Flores, @Gladys Garcia, @Lauren DiMeo, @Alex Sabio we are looking forward to meeting you!! :)

  • John KosterPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Valley Village, CA · Member since 2012 · 147 posts · 142 votes
    7y

    @Sinan M. Feel free to join.  

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    I'm going to Cleveland for a tech conference between May 1 - 9. Any recommendation on what neighborhoods I should go check it out?
    I don't have any REI experience and I'm a software engineer in trade, so I tend to assume everything will turn into worst case scenario and get trap into analysis paralysis.

  • Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 192 posts · 346 votes
    7y

    Hey ! @Wilson Choi depends on your goals and price points. happy to chat more about it if you want! Excited to hear how your trip goes.

  • Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Sammy Lyon yeah I should have mentioned my goals and price points, but the reality is that I don't really know. I just start learning about REI by soaking myself in BP podcast/forum for the past few months, so I probably have little to no knowledge.
    So here is my ignorant and laughable goals and price points:

    • goals: both appreciation and cash flow, with multiple exit strategies incase thing goes south. just kidding, I will be glad to learn something usefully and not lose money on this market.
    • price points: ~150K with conventional loan, hopefully to find something from non war zone.

    TBH, I'm just trying to learn about REI as much as I can, so when the market turns I would be little bit more prepare.

  • Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 192 posts · 346 votes
    7y

    Hey folks! Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new ones at the meetup on May 21. Who knew so many LA investors would love Cleveland so much! :)

    @Scott Asselin great to connect see you at the meetup

  • Accountant · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Sammy Lyon it was great to meet you - I will see you at this Meetup 

    - Scott

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Hi all,

    I have 8 apartment complexes and in contract for 2 more in Lake County. Reach out to me if you want more info about the areas I invest.  I really like Lake County and NE Euclid.  I am approaching 200 units!!

    Swanny

  • Real Estate Broker · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 192 posts · 346 votes
    7y

    @Michael Swan as a fellow teacher, you are an inspiration!! 

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    Thank you Sammy!! If I can do this, anyone can.  The most combined family w2 earned income we ever made was $80,000 in one year.  No joke!!!

    Swanny

  • Van Nuys, CA · Member since 2018 · 77 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    I remembered this meeting from a few weeks ago and decided to come here to be reminded the time and date.... And I see 36+ people going. 

    Wow. Excited to see everyone and invest in the Ohio market!

  • Jason WolvenPro Member
    Investor · Eureka, CA · Member since 2012 · 15 posts · 12 votes
    7y
    Live in northern CA, but get to LA 3-4 times/year. If there happens to be a meetup in late July or early August would love to attend. Just got back from Cleveland with my family visiting friends. First time out there, but would like to go back. Definitely look more closely at investing there.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.