BiggerPockets REI Summit 2012 is Coming!

BiggerPockets REI Summit 2012 is Coming!

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes

Here we go . . . this thing is official.

BiggerPockets REI Summit 2012 will be taking place in Denver Colorado at the Colorado Convention Center on March 23-24.

This will be an incredible educational, networking, and dealmaking event, and we promise NO "back of the room" speakers

Please save the dates. We will be putting tickets for sale in the next few days on our conference website:
http://www.biggerpockets.com/conference

We will also be keeping you in the loop with the latest developments, including speakers, schedules, events on the website.

Once we place the tickets for sale, please be sure to book your room at the hotel, where we negotiated great rates for you. We will provide a reservation phone number and a link on the conference website where you can book. More details soon . . .

Also, please follow and tweet about the event using the hashtag #bgrpkts

Help us spread the word and lets make this the most amazing event for real estate investors and professionals out there!

5Reply
214 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris ClothierBusiness Member
Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
14y

A lot of us keep posting on how POWERFUL this website is. It has nothing to do with the site itself (read the whole posting!) and everything to do with the community that Josh originally created and the users have continued to grow. That community is made up of the REAL LIFE experts. People who are actually doing deals and making things happen. That is why I am really excited to be in Denver and attend this event. I could not care one bit if I get "business" out of it for my company. I am excited to be around REAL investors and actually have a chance to define what a GREAT real estate event should be like. I go to events all over the country and even the world and I can PROMISE you that there is nothing happening out there like this event. It is being put on by real investors and the education is coming from people that are actually doing it - not making money off of speaking.

I've seen the conference website and I am jacked for it. This can really grow into an event that is not only really, really good for education, but it can grow into a crazy good place for networking, team building and finally having fun at an event.

Ok - I'm off my soap box and with 84,000 people having joined this site, even if 1% can attend - that would be an unbelievable chance to start something special for events just like the site is for online.

see ya in Denver

See this reply in the discussion

140 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    When is this amazingness(is that even a real word) going to stop Josh?

    Seriously though, with this only being 2 days, you're going to make it really really really hard for me to choose between which speakers at any given time.

    Maybe have a A and B schedule. This way, If I miss an A scheduled speaker, I can catch him/her on the B schedule?

    Just throwing out thoughts as you're increasingly making this harder and harder for me to contain my excitement.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Nick J. - That's a good problem to have . . . if we had 4 days, we could do an A and B schedule, but that just isn't in the cards.

    I know that I'm going to piss off a lot of people with the schedule no matter what . . .

  • Specialist · San Dimas, CA · Member since 2011 · 350 posts · 122 votes
    14y

    Uncle TONY is speaking - what the heck?!?!?!?! AMAZING!

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Joshua Dorkin, I can't see too many people actually getting pissed as everyone will be getting a ton of info/networking for their money (maybe a little disappointed in some cases). I agree, having too many great speakers is a great problem to have and you can always have some back for the 2013 Summit!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    James Vermillion - Yeah . . . pissed was probably the wrong word. No matter what, as I've said before, we're not going to make everyone happy. All we can do is bring all these awesome speakers together and put on the best event possible. I'm pretty confident that all those attending are in for something special!

    Even if we do ultimately offer a recording of the event, the live networking and deal making that will happen at the conference will be priceless.

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Haven't signed up, yet? It's time.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IeoQ90bXqg

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Jon Klaus:
    Haven't signed up, yet? It's time.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IeoQ90bXqg

    Nice video Jon Klaus. I am very excited about the conference as well...see you there!

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2012 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    14y

    I can't wait to check this out! 30 minute drive from where I live lol

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    Tamas Zalabai - Glad to hear it! Be sure to register for the conference before prices climb to $250 on Friday.

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2012 · 9 posts · 0 votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
    Tamas Zalabai - Glad to hear it! Be sure to register for the conference before prices climb to $250 on Friday.

    Will do, thanks!
  • Specialist · San Dimas, CA · Member since 2011 · 350 posts · 122 votes
    14y

    just booked my plane ticket!!

  • Lexington, KY · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y

    Joshua Dorkin,

    I haven't heard many complaints about the schedule (although maybe you have), which speaks to your ability to create a well-balanced lineup...nice work!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    14y

    So far, so good, James Vermillion! Then again, what good would it really do?

    BTW - The conference will be starting exactly one month from today . . . and our early bird pricing ends tonight at midnight (MST).

    Our attendance is now at right around 220 for those who are keeping score -- a great crowd for a great event!

    So, If you haven't done so already, today would make a great day to Register for the Summit!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    14y
    Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:

    Our attendance is now at right around 220 for those who are keeping score -- a great crowd for a great event!

    I'm impressed and proud of you for your effort. Its going to be easily the 'Go To' event and all the credit goes to you!

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    14y

    Just a few more hours to sign up and save. Get off the fence!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.