We will also be keeping you in the loop with the latest developments, including speakers, schedules, events on the website.
Once we place the tickets for sale, please be sure to book your room at the hotel, where we negotiated great rates for you. We will provide a reservation phone number and a link on the conference website where you can book. More details soon . . .
Also, please follow and tweet about the event using the hashtag #bgrpkts
Help us spread the word and lets make this the most amazing event for real estate investors and professionals out there!
Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
14y
A lot of us keep posting on how POWERFUL this website is. It has nothing to do with the site itself (read the whole posting!) and everything to do with the community that Josh originally created and the users have continued to grow. That community is made up of the REAL LIFE experts. People who are actually doing deals and making things happen. That is why I am really excited to be in Denver and attend this event. I could not care one bit if I get "business" out of it for my company. I am excited to be around REAL investors and actually have a chance to define what a GREAT real estate event should be like. I go to events all over the country and even the world and I can PROMISE you that there is nothing happening out there like this event. It is being put on by real investors and the education is coming from people that are actually doing it - not making money off of speaking.
I've seen the conference website and I am jacked for it. This can really grow into an event that is not only really, really good for education, but it can grow into a crazy good place for networking, team building and finally having fun at an event.
Ok - I'm off my soap box and with 84,000 people having joined this site, even if 1% can attend - that would be an unbelievable chance to start something special for events just like the site is for online.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
Tickets for the conference are now at our standard pricing of $300 for full access to the event. Thank you to all those users who registered for our early-bird passes.
We should have some more exciting updates about the event in the days and weeks to come!
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
Update:
BiggerPockets member and rehabber, J Scott has confirmed that he will be speaking at the event. Hopefully he can educate us all on his house flipping skills and business acumen. He is definitely a speaker you don't want to miss (amongst the many others we've already confirmed)!
Real Estate Investor · the villages, FL · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
14y
Brady,
Sounds great. I don't have airfare yet, wanted to wait to see if other stuff is going on the 22nd. I may come in the 21st. Love to get together with CO folks. I had a Brokerage there in Littleton in 1979 and lived in Bow Mar South for a long, long year! I'll let you know when I know schedule. Familiar with the Von Richtofen Mansion in Denver? I had an offer accepted on it in 79 for under 500K and seller backed out...Today, probably worth millions!! Rich
p.s. I'm REALLY looking forward to meeting JScott
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
We've added the event to Linkedin and will be doing so to Facebook shortly. If you are planning on attending and are a LinkedIn user, please click the ATTEND link on the page below so your peers and others can see who will be joining us for this groundbreaking event.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
Hey Guys -
Now that we're at our Standard Registration period, we are going to be offering discounts to the following individuals:
Active & Veteran Military Personnel - 20% off
Active Fire & Police Personnel - 20% off
Current Government Employees - 20% off
Full-Time College / University Students - 20% off
We hope these discounts help those of you who serve the rest of us, and of course our hard-working students.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
Another update: We've now got a direct link to book your hotel. If you want to book online and get the group rate, please use the link below (also found on the Hotel Reservation tab on the conference site.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
We added another speaker to the docket, Michael Zuber! Michael has done an outstanding job of building a portfolio of real estate while working his full-time job, and will be sharing how to juggle the two at the BiggerPockets Summit!
His session will offer attendees a fantastic opportunity to learn strategies and to get tips on balancing work, investing, and your life.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
Ok folks -- We've got another speaker announcement. Another one of the really great minds in the real estate investing space, Frank J Gallinelli, will be joining us to speak at the conference.
Frank teaches real estate finance in Columbia University's Master of Science in Real Estate Development program, and is author of 3 books "What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow ...," (#9 on Amazon for real estate investments), "Mastering Real Estate Investment: Examples, Metrics And Case Studies," and "Insider Secrets to Financing Your Real Estate Investments..." He is a fantastic guy and we're excited to have him!
New Speakers: We officially added another speaker to the lineup today, Geraldine Barry. Geraldine is President of the SJREI Association, which won the Award for Excellence from the National REIA in 2011. She is an incredible woman and will present you with some inspiration and tools for moving your business to the next level.
We've got a few others who will become official over the next days, and I'm extremely excited about the quality and excellence of those people who are coming to Denver to teach all of us!
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
New Speakers: I waited to put this out there so more people might see it, but we added another speaker late yesterday, John Wilhoit. Mr. Wilhoit has been focused on multi-family properties, and held positions with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Apartment Investment Management Company (AIMCO) and the Maryland Housing fund. He will likely be speaking on the transition from residential to multi-family investments for both novice and "intermediate level" investors.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
BiggerPockets member, Eric Amzalag wrote a great review of the upcoming conference on his blog. Check it out and please feel free to write your own to help us spread the word.
No only will we share these reviews here, but we'll also post them on our Summit Coverage Page.
Investor · Kennesaw, GA · Member since 2010 · 158 posts · 61 votes
14y
I've never been to Denver, and I'm trying to find some things to do while I'm there since I'll be coming alone. I see that the Denver International Auto Show will also be at the Convention Center from March 21-25. Some folks may want to check that out!http://www.paragonexpo.com/index.php/DE-General/
Anybody have any suggestions for stuff to do? Nightlife?
Also, does anybody know how roughly much a round-trip cab ride will be from the airport? I'd love to just rent a car, but $25 per night for overnight parking at the Hyatt is steep!
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
Hey Andy Bankston - You can get a super shuttle for around $20. There are tons of bars and restaurants in walking distance, and we're planning on putting together some evening activities. Check the conference site for links to Denver resources.
Otherwise, with the AutoShow in town, there's more incentive to book those tickets to the event and to lock in those hotel rooms sooner than later...
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
A few things:
We've made some changes to the Conference Website. Things are starting to fill in. We will be adding descriptions to all of our sessions in the coming days. When complete, we'll be sure to keep you posted.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
A few more announcements:
We've officially added some new speakers to the lineup that I wanted to share . . .
Ryan Webber - One of the longest active members of BP, Ryan will be doing a session on Wholesaling.
Shawn Watkins and Angel Bronsgeest - This team of active real estate investors also run Investors Workshops in Southern California, and will be doing a very cool role-playing session on negotiation, and overcoming objections.
Other news: We hope to have the bulk of our conference sessions outlined for you in the next few days. The list is looking great so far! Once complete, we will then be posting the full conference schedule.
We've also had a lot more coverage about the event from the community and key blogs in real estate . . . see what they are saying.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
Hey All -- A few things:
1 - In order to help those who will be attending, we've added a FAQ to the conference website. You can find it at: Conference FAQ
2 - I did a site visit to the convention center and Hyatt today and wanted to let you know that we will be making some major changes to our schedule to add some awesome new sessions to the event. We'll be announcing these changes in the days to come, but they will include new networking sessions, classes, and we may even add a bootcamp or two to the schedule. More to come soon . . .
3 - If you are procrastinating about registering, I can assure you that the knowledge, networking, and dealmaking opportunities that will be at this conference will be incredible, and most importantly, this will NOT be an upsell event. I've created this summit so you guys can help and do business with one another -- not so some marketer can pitch you on his next training which is just an upsell for something else.
We will be limiting the number of attendees who can come, so make sure to register today so you can be a part of this very special gathering!
Rental Property Investor · memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
14y
A lot of us keep posting on how POWERFUL this website is. It has nothing to do with the site itself (read the whole posting!) and everything to do with the community that Josh originally created and the users have continued to grow. That community is made up of the REAL LIFE experts. People who are actually doing deals and making things happen. That is why I am really excited to be in Denver and attend this event. I could not care one bit if I get "business" out of it for my company. I am excited to be around REAL investors and actually have a chance to define what a GREAT real estate event should be like. I go to events all over the country and even the world and I can PROMISE you that there is nothing happening out there like this event. It is being put on by real investors and the education is coming from people that are actually doing it - not making money off of speaking.
I've seen the conference website and I am jacked for it. This can really grow into an event that is not only really, really good for education, but it can grow into a crazy good place for networking, team building and finally having fun at an event.
Ok - I'm off my soap box and with 84,000 people having joined this site, even if 1% can attend - that would be an unbelievable chance to start something special for events just like the site is for online.
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
I wanted to let everyone know about one of the incredible speakers who just agreed to join us at the BiggerPockets Summit in March:
Steve Cook who is Managing Editor at Real Estate Economy Watch and UPI.com, and is a regular contributor on the BiggerPockets Blog each Wednesday, will be talking about the dynamics of stabilizing foreclosure markets and identifying prospect markets to invest in. Steve is one of the smartest minds in the industry and has a knowledge of data unlike anyone I've met.
He spent 1999-2007 as the VP of Public Affairs at the National Association of Realtors, and was twice named one of the top 100 most influential people in real estate.
If you're interested in understanding the data behind where the markets are today and where they are doing, you don't want to miss Steve!
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
14y
We've been waiting to lock in and finalize the lineup for a little while and it looks like we're about to do that. After this announcement, we will be announcing our final speaker in the next few days, and will then hopefully announce the actual event schedule early next week.
Until then . . . .
Please welcome to the conference lineup, Tony Alvarez aka "Uncle Tony." Tony has been in the business since 1981 and has seen and done it all. He is an incredibly nice guy with a heart of gold, and will be teaching a session for both the novice investor and experienced guys looking to build out their business. Details to come to the conference site soon . . .