Investors in Rochester, NY here?

62 Replies

Hey investors. I was curious if BiggerPockets had any investors in the Rochester, NY or Buffalo, NY area. I'd love to ask you a few questions if you'd be up for it. 

Thank you in advance!

Sean-

There’s good deals in Rochester but you need to be careful. Street by street it can go from good to horrific.
My partner is local there and we have a solid management company that does our rehabs

Also Rochester is so cheap because the city has many challenges and flat population growth.  Kodak going away was a major negative of that city and it's still struggling to reinvent itself.  

I invest in the Rochester area, live downstate. Have a few units and looking to pick up more in somewhat decent areas. Looking for deals, and reliable contractors, and always on the search for better management.

Hi all! Looking to invest in Rochester and looking for a good agent who I can work with almost exclusively. Want to invest in the next 2 months in a duplex or triplex there. I'm based in NYC so I am also looking for recommendations for a great management company.

If anyone has recommendations for the specific areas/zip codes to invest it would be much appreciated as well. Tia!

@Hyun W. Lee - I am an investor in both Rochester and Buffalo.  Have to chat with you about both areas.  I live in NJ and spend a lot of time up there managing my portfolio.  So I can give you a pretty good perspective as I see you also live in the garden state.  Feel free to PM me if you think I can be helpful.

@Thaddeus D. - Would be good to connect with you to compare notes as it would seem we have similar experiences.

@Rob D. - if it's OK with you, I would like to PM you regarding Property manager and a couple other questions you might be able to answer for me 

To All - It would be great to have some kind of monthly meeting for investors in the Rochester area to network and share experiences.  Also, I think there is a lot of buying power we have collectively that we could take advantage of to reduce some costs and garner the best services for our units.  Just thinking out loud here.  Any thoughts?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here