Coffee Drinkers Please Help!

Coffee Drinkers Please Help!

Realtor 路 Scottsdale, AZ 路 Member since 2018 路 64 posts 路 47 votes

Hello. I own and manage a number 3 bedroom vacation rentals, hosting 6 guests on average.  I don't drink coffee so I struggle to know exactly what guests would prefer.  I have read that the choice of flavors of K cups may be appealing, but am not aware of which tastes better- Keurig or drip. Help me decide on the following and any considerations I am missing. I am not concerned about price, but more focused on 5 star customer experience.  Thanks for your help.

A. Drip Coffee Maker (this is what I have now)

B Keurig Coffee Maker (this is what I have in my small 1 bedroom ABNBs)

3. Duo Keurig that offers both Keurig and Drip

2Reply
144 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor 路 Rochester, NY 路 Member since 2016 路 576 posts 路 358 votes
4y

I think drip tastes a little better, but for STR where convenience is very important, K is much easier to make, you get exactly the right amount, and there's practically no cleanup. However, for 6 guests, if they all want coffee, then a pot of drip will be better so they aren't waiting for their turn at the one-cup-at-a-time machine.

Duo, I think. K in the one bedroom.

Phew. Finally a real estate question I can answer!

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Austin, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 5k+ posts 路 5k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kathleen McDowell:

    Hello. I own and manage a number 3 bedroom vacation rentals, hosting 6 guests on average.  I don't drink coffee so I struggle to know exactly what guests would prefer.  I have read that the choice of flavors of K cups may be appealing, but am not aware of which tastes better- Keurig or drip. Help me decide on the following and any considerations I am missing. I am not concerned about price, but more focused on 5 star customer experience.  Thanks for your help.

    A. Drip Coffee Maker (this is what I have now)

    B Keurig Coffee Maker (this is what I have in my small 1 bedroom ABNBs)

    3. Duo Keurig that offers both Keurig and Drip


     So why not put the Keurig on display with some pods on a tray and put the drip on the kitchen counter top too.

    Best of both worlds.

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Nashville, TN 路 Member since 2015 路 2k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Kathleen McDowell

    Here is my suggestion:

    Get a Mueller K cup machine, NOT a keurig. The Mueller is substantially more reliable and cheaper too! I recommend you get two. So that people can make multiple cups at once since it takes a few mins to brew. 

    Get Costco's kirkland brand k cups. Get breakfast blend (light roast) and get a dark roast as well. The cost of this coffee is about 50% of what Green mountain costs, and it's just as good!!!

    Trust me, this is the way for STRs. I did drip coffee and the machine got real nasty and needed too much cleaning and could never be cleaned properly. 

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker 路 Cody, WY 路 Member since 2010 路 28k+ posts 路 41k+ votes
    4y
    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent 路 Nashville, TN 路 Member since 2015 路 2k+ posts 路 2k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Bruce Woodruff:

    One of our places we advertise as having a 'Coffee Bar' and a lot of guests love it. We have 1) a Coffee Maker, 2) a French Press, 3) a Pour Over, and 4) a Keurig, all with a dedicated little area that we stock with ground coffee of various types.


     This......this is inspirational lol.

    I have actually had guests reach out to me before asking me specifically "what is the coffee situation at your airbnd" 

  • Interior Decorator 路 Charlotte NC 路 Member since 2022 路 48 posts 路 32 votes
    4y

    I'm a huge coffee drinker and really love homes that provide a dedicated coffee station. In the homes we furnish, we try to add these coffee bars as much as possible when space permits. Some great add-ons would be a duo k-cup machine with a drip option for larger homes. A nice bag of beans with a grinder. Milk frother, some custom coffee mugs themed to your area or with the property home name on them on display. A variety of sugar packet options including sugar-free, raw sugar, and regular. If you really want to be nice, add a cane sugar syrup for ice coffee drinkers. We'll also add some nice tea options as well for those that aren't into coffee. 

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant 路 San Diego / Phoenix 路 Member since 2021 路 12k+ posts 路 15k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Luka Milicevic:

    Yep. We get a lot of people that ask about the coffee situation before they arrive. Lol, people are nuts about their coffee, aren't they? Almost like it's addictive or something........ 馃ぃ

  • Member since 2022 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Kathleen McDowell:

    Hello. I own and manage a number 3 bedroom vacation rentals, hosting 6 guests on average.  I don't drink coffee so I struggle to know exactly what guests would prefer.  I have read that the choice of flavors of K cups may be appealing, but am not aware of which tastes better- Keurig or drip. Help me decide on the following and any considerations I am missing. I am not concerned about price, but more focused on 5 star customer experience.  Thanks for your help.

    A. Drip Coffee Maker (this is what I have now)

    B Keurig Coffee Maker (this is what I have in my small 1 bedroom ABNBs)

    3. Duo Keurig that offers both Keurig and Drip


     I hate the insane amount of plastic garbage K-cups contribute to landfills and refuse to take part. Drip taste better anyway. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.