What are you doing to attract guests for 30+ days?

What are you doing to attract guests for 30+ days?

Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 231 posts · 256 votes

Currently I Co-Host a couple mid-term rentals and always looking for ways to increase bookings. 

How are you targeting people for 30+ stays for your property? 

Currently I am using Airbnb, VRBO, furnished finder, and Facebook. 

I am having a hard time connecting with the right person at the local hospitals to partner together. 

Are there certain nursing housing agencies that people have liked working with? 

1Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2018 · 193 posts · 107 votes
4y
Quote from @Bailey Kramer:

Currently I Co-Host a couple mid-term rentals and always looking for ways to increase bookings. 

How are you targeting people for 30+ stays for your property? 

Currently I am using Airbnb, VRBO, furnished finder, and Facebook. 

I am having a hard time connecting with the right person at the local hospitals to partner together. 

Are there certain nursing housing agencies that people have liked working with? 


We have had some success find nurses to stay long term using the facebook group... "Travel Nursing: Places/Rooms for rent.

We've also connected with local agents, to offer 30-90 day housing for people buying/selling their homes and needing to stay some place.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2018 · 193 posts · 107 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Bailey Kramer:

    Currently I Co-Host a couple mid-term rentals and always looking for ways to increase bookings. 

    How are you targeting people for 30+ stays for your property? 

    Currently I am using Airbnb, VRBO, furnished finder, and Facebook. 

    I am having a hard time connecting with the right person at the local hospitals to partner together. 

    Are there certain nursing housing agencies that people have liked working with? 


    We have had some success find nurses to stay long term using the facebook group... "Travel Nursing: Places/Rooms for rent.

    We've also connected with local agents, to offer 30-90 day housing for people buying/selling their homes and needing to stay some place.

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 231 posts · 256 votes
    4y

    Thanks for sharing the strategies @Chris Tarpey!

    Do you give the local agents a referral fee? 

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    4y

    I do not want any bookings over 2 weeks. Those people expect a discount over what I could normally get. I will only do this in January and February, and I am not seeking it out.

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    4y

    Hey @Chris Tarpey, nothing. Like @John Underwood I don't want the hassle or trouble a 30+ day stay would incur. I tried earlier in our voyage and it never panned out. We are way out of town so it is unlikely I would get one anyways.

    Idaho (where our lake house is located) is very owner friendly but I don't need to worry about someone not leaving when the STR season begins.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin TX · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    From what I have seen in the travel nurses FB group, they are really only looking for a basic furnished 1 bedroom/studio type situation for a low price. They still have to pay the bills and mortgage at their permanent residence. I haven't read that much good feedback about Furnished Finder for anything other than the travel nurses. 

    I'm interested to hear from anyone who is doing medium-term rentals through Airbnb AND requiring background/income verification/lease. Can you share your listing or explain how you are handling this? I've been creeping in a superhost group on FB and it seems like most of the property owners are regular individuals who are treating those bookings just like any other short term hotel stay. Airbnb seems to be the best platform to get those renters but it doesn't seem that compatible with the landlord/tenant law complexities that kick in after 30 days. 

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    4y

    I put it on Facebook Marketplace and found someone in three days. Marketing depends on your market. Some locations use Lyft and others use Uber. You have to figure out what works best for your market, or maybe try ten different methods?

    Talk to the HR department at the hospitals, clinics, etc. They can point you to the temp agencies that place nurses and help them find housing.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Investor · Jacksonville, NC · Member since 2018 · 193 posts · 107 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Bailey Kramer:

    Thanks for sharing the strategies @Chris Tarpey!

    Do you give the local agents a referral fee? 


     We have not, ideally we are doing them a favor as much as they are doing us a favor.

    I understand the 30+ day stay may not work for everyone, but it works for us!

  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2019 · 231 posts · 256 votes
    4y

    @Chris Tarpey Okay got it and good to know!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.