Do you ask for a 5 star review?

Do you ask for a 5 star review?

Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes

Curious to hear how you all approach this. I already send a pre check out email thanking tie for the stay. Should I go ahead and ask them to leave a 5 star review and is there a way to do tie without sounding presumptuous? Thanks in advance. 

3Reply
95 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City · Member since 2021 · 108 posts · 103 votes
3y

100% you should ask each guest after checkout. Here’s my template it works like a charm:


Thank you for staying with us at <property_name> <guest_name>! I left a 5-star review in your inbox and hope you will do the same for me. Every 5-star review helps our family business excel. If you had any issues please let me know privately so we can work on it. Also, please favorite my listing as I'd love to host you again next time!

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ and Rehoboth Beach DE · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    I have these two magnets on the fridge, but don’t directly ask for 5 stars in a message. I think it’s important that guests know the rating system for Vrbo and Airbnb is not like ratings for hotels or restaurants - 4 stars does not mean “very good”.  

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jon Martin:

    Curious to hear how you all approach this. I already send a pre check out email thanking tie for the stay. Should I go ahead and ask them to leave a 5 star review and is there a way to do tie without sounding presumptuous? Thanks in advance. 


    "I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! Would you mind sharing your experience with others by leaving us a review?"

    There are dozens of ways to ask for reviews. Do an internet search for "how to ask for reviews" or "how to ask for reviews AirBnB" and you'll get hundreds of suggestions.


    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Investor · Vancouver · Member since 2021 · 165 posts · 137 votes
    3y

    @Wilson Vanhook

    Begger

  • Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City · Member since 2021 · 108 posts · 103 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Maksu Ize:

    @Wilson Vanhook

    Begger

    You mad?

  • Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Carolyn Fuller:

    Here is what I say after the guest checks out. It not only gets me 5 stars, it also elicits GREAT suggestions:

    "[guest name],

    Thanks! Safe travels and hope to host your next trip to Cambridge.

    Don't forget to leave us a review on Airbnb!

    Also, we strive for a five star experience. Is there any feedback/ suggestions or items to improve the home for the next guest stay?


     This one!  When I first started the reviews seemed so slow in coming. I guess people need to be reminded. Since I started sending a checking-out message similar to Carolyn's above, the reviews have been consistent and 5 star. This simple little statement really helped.

  • Rental Property Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 11 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Michael Baum:

    I absolutely do. I send them the check out instructions and I say please leave us a 5 star review when you get a chance.


     That's not a bad idea. I often have the guest communication automated, and these messages would automatically be sent out a few hours after checkout. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.