PMS for 1 property- Hospitable, Guesty vs. Lodgify.

PMS for 1 property- Hospitable, Guesty vs. Lodgify.

Member since 2024 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello all, 

I’m entering my third week being live with our Airbnb and I’ve been trying to decide 

1. If a PMS is worth the cost for 1 property and 

2. Which one should I use of the less expensive/ simpler lot. 

I have been using the Hospitable 14 day trial and think it’s ok. It sent some messages with house rules  that didn’t sync correctly, pulling in info I had already updated on Airbnb.

I only have one property and wanted a PMs that:

-took direct bookings

-synced calendars 

- completed simple auto messaging 

I like the idea of a PMS but I really don’t want to spend a lot as I’m also using Price Labs. Is Guesty or Lodgify a good alternative? 

Any help here is appreciated! 

0Reply
236 views

Most Popular Reply

John UnderwoodPro Member
Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
1y

Don't think it's worth it for 1 property.

Vrbo and Airbnb will sync calendars with each other and send basic messages already.

Vrbo has free built in pricing tool.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    1y

    Don't think it's worth it for 1 property.

    Vrbo and Airbnb will sync calendars with each other and send basic messages already.

    Vrbo has free built in pricing tool.

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    1y

    +1 with @John Underwood there @Alexandra Reeves.

    Not worth the $$$. Just use the built in tools and go from there. Once it is up and rolling it is pretty easy for a single property.

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    As a PM with 65 Units my core PMS is over $5k per month.  I obviously pay per listing but the features and automations are not even worth it even if you paid the per unit cost I pay.  I know there are some PMS lite solutions out there made for low unit count portfolios but honestly I used ical and excel until about 15 units.  You can 100% create simple systems with free technologies and run your unit efficiently.  Good luck!

  • Garrett BrownPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2024 · 505 posts · 551 votes
    1y

    I always think a  PMS is worth the money for all the features you will get, even with just one property. Hospitable is the best out of those 3. 
    Direct booking, guest screening, AI messaging, accounting portals, integrations, and more are all extremely valuable. I've used all 3 (currently use Hospitable) and once you get it tuned just how you like, the possibilities are endless. You can even get 25% off for the first 3 months here if you think its a good move. I do recommend trying them out though as you did and seeing what you like about them to make the best decision. 
    25% off link for Hospitable  - Click here

    • Member since 2017 · 20 posts · 0 votes
      11mo
      Quote from @Garrett Brown:

      I always think a  PMS is worth the money for all the features you will get, even with just one property. Hospitable is the best out of those 3. 
      Direct booking, guest screening, AI messaging, accounting portals, integrations, and more are all extremely valuable. I've used all 3 (currently use Hospitable) and once you get it tuned just how you like, the possibilities are endless. You can even get 25% off for the first 3 months here if you think its a good move. I do recommend trying them out though as you did and seeing what you like about them to make the best decision. 
      25% off link for Hospitable  - Click here

       @Garrett Brown But you use Lodgify. Can you tell us why one would choose Lodgify over Hospitable, apart from the fact that lodgify is cheaper?

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisiana · Member since 2017 · 215 posts · 147 votes
    11mo

    I just made the decision to jump onboard with Hostaway. It has all of the features you mentioned & has dynamic pricing so you can remove Pricelabs. Its been great so far but onboarding was quite extensive. With all that said, with only 1 property, not sure it's worth diving into PMS unless you plan on adding a bunch of properties down the line. I've got 5 active & was hesitant about making the change to a PMS but elected to as I am planning on adding more over the next couple of years. Before I had VRBO & AirBNB sync, auto messages on each platform & was using Pricelabs for dynamic pricing.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.