Does any one know of a Co-Host service that offer a flat rate ?

Does any one know of a Co-Host service that offer a flat rate ?

Brijesh R PatelPro Member
Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 3 votes

Does anyone know of a service where an STR co-host fields any call from the guest 24/7 and charges a flat monthly fee instead of 15% to 20% of my rent? I have all the other aspects of hosting covered which I don't mind doing for now.

Thanks

Brij

1Reply
72 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ and Rehoboth Beach DE · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
1y

It sounds like you don't need a co-host, you need a Virtual Assistant, as @Alex F. says.

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mike GrudzienPro Member
    Lender · Eugene, OR · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Haven't heard of it, but why not pitch your idea to a few and see if one is open to doing a one-off?
    Don't know unless you ask!

  • Rental Property Investor · Salvo, NC · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    1y

    I offer this service! Message me and I will send my information.

  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    1y

    How many calls are you getting?

    I almost never get calls, most people send a message via Vrbo or Airbnb if needed, but it it much more common for them to just instant book with no questions.

    • Brijesh R PatelPro Member
      OP
      Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 3 votes
      1y
      Quote from @John Underwood:

      How many calls are you getting?

      I almost never get calls, most people send a message via Vrbo or Airbnb if needed, but it it much more common for them to just instant book with no questions.

      Hi John,  After four months of managing the STR with 42 bookings, I only had one call, and everything else was pretty much automated using the Hostex.io app.  You called it.

      Thanks

      Brij
  • Investor · Plymouth, MN · Member since 2020 · 157 posts · 102 votes
    1y

    Many years ago, we worked with a VA on a fixed rate. PM me, and I can share her details. However, your goal should be to make instructions/communications/labels/etc. clear enough so you get few calls and just a handfull of messages. Most check-ins/out should be close to automatic.

    With our 12 properties (9 ours and 3 cohosting) we get 1 phone call every 2-3 weeks.  And about a handful of messages in the app per day.  The majority of the messages are requests for early/late checkout, recommendations, and misc items.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Phoenix, AZ and Rehoboth Beach DE · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    It sounds like you don't need a co-host, you need a Virtual Assistant, as @Alex F. says.

  • Garrett BrownPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2024 · 505 posts · 552 votes
    1y

    I agree with everyone here. You need a VA mixed with something like Breezeway Assist that can help answer the phone 24/7 for around $49.99 monthly per property.

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    I now offer "limited service" as a PM for 10% which includes marketing on 20+ channels, 24/7 guest communication, daily pricing, automations and software connections, but it is 10% of revenue.  It should not be higher than this.  As far as a flat rate, I would talk to companies offering services as mine and ask. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Worcester, MA · Member since 2024 · 107 posts · 45 votes
    1y

    Yes a VA not a PM for what your looking for. If you need someone to do more than guest communication and I can guarantee things will come up, at the end you will need a PM. Spending a healthy % for a reliable company can make your life easier and lead to more growth as you free up your time. Always have experts do what they do best.

  • Josh SedivyBusiness Member
    St. Louis, MO · Member since 2024 · 134 posts · 55 votes
    1y

    Hi Brij,

    If you are interested in investing in St. Louis, MO real estate, ABODEbucks is a full-service STR-specific management company charging a flat $250/mo + $20/night booked.

  • Brijesh R PatelPro Member
    OP
    Member since 2024 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    Thank you all for your input and advice it was invaluable.

    Here is how I have decided to move forward to close the loop.  

    I found a PM called Hostex.io for the STR so far so good I could not believe the very low annual fee which was less than $90 a year. I know they say you get what you pay for but I am impressed with this STR PM, and I use Steesa and Innago. I went ahead and set up my first channel with Airbnb and a booking site that comes with the subscription. I had it up and running in less than two hours and already had my first reservation via Airbnb.

    As far as the co-host goes, I am moving forward with the VA option to co-host with me. The hostex.io works well for my situation.

    Thanks once again. 

    Brij

    • Rental Property Investor · Delray Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 102 posts · 44 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Brijesh R Patel:

      Thank you all for your input and advice it was invaluable.

      Here is how I have decided to move forward to close the loop.  

      I found a PM called Hostex.io for the STR so far so good I could not believe the very low annual fee which was less than $90 a year. I know they say you get what you pay for but I am impressed with this STR PM, and I use Steesa and Innago. I went ahead and set up my first channel with Airbnb and a booking site that comes with the subscription. I had it up and running in less than two hours and already had my first reservation via Airbnb.

      As far as the co-host goes, I am moving forward with the VA option to co-host with me. The hostex.io works well for my situation.

      Thanks once again. 

      Brij


       Glad you found your solution!  I offer this service nationwide in the USA at $595/mo and we outperform most PM's. I've been doing it by word of mouth for a while but not building out a website and ads to make it a full blown business.

  • Member since 2022 · 29 posts · 23 votes
    1y

    I feel like the incentive for a co-host is to get a percentage rather than a fixed fee so they will try to increase amount of bookings/RPN as much as possible.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.