I have a big house in a small town in Western Massachusetts that I am looking to turn into an airbnb but I do not have the capital to do so. I am wondering, is it possible to find someone who is willing to front the cash to turn the place into airbnb then share the profits. Are there websites or forums to find people that would be interested in that. Additionally, if the house needs a fair bit of repairs would such an investor still be interested?
Rental Property Investor · Arlington, TX · Member since 2016 · 706 posts · 611 votes
1y
Suppose you have the property, you could do an arbitrage split model with a person looking to arbitrage and split the profits. They would probably be willing to front the furniture costs depending on the cost of the repairs. You can find them all over Facebook groups, but you would need to do your due diligence and ensure they have the experience to run a short-term rental effectively.
Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
1y
I agree with Colin that borrowing from a bank is likely the easiest and cheapest route. You can do HELOC, BLOC, or personal loans as well as other options.