Which direct booking site allows me to approve/deny bookings?

Which direct booking site allows me to approve/deny bookings?

Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 34 posts · 12 votes

Hi there,

Are there any direct booking sites with "request to book" capabilities where I have the ability to approve/deny booking requests before they get locked in? I want the ability to approve/deny bookings to my direct booking site before they are made.  

Thanks,
Hunter

0Reply
98 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
7mo

my site www.bookvrof.com does not have a "click to book" function, but it is already challenging enough to attract repeat OTA customers to book direct, I do not want to make it harder.  Since I am the owner of the site, I can cancel any bookings I am not comfortable with without any penalty at all.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · The Villages, FL · Member since 2017 · 341 posts · 398 votes
    7mo

    Houfy.com, you will receive a notification of the request to book, but you have to accept or decline the reservation prior to your calendar being blocked or  the guests credit card payment going through. You can also accept payments however you want, not just with a credit card.

  • Ryan MoyerBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Orlando Kissimmee Davenport Salt Lake City, Park City · Member since 2019 · 993 posts · 1k+ votes
    7mo

    Hospitable.

    Cosmic Vacations4.9172 Reviews
  • Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 34 posts · 12 votes
    7mo

    @Lisa Graesser - Have you found that guests trust Houfy? Or, do they see the layout and feel it's "not Airbnb" and don't want to book on it? 

    • Rental Property Investor · The Villages, FL · Member since 2017 · 341 posts · 398 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Hunter Beck:

      @Lisa Graesser - Have you found that guests trust Houfy? Or, do they see the layout and feel it's "not Airbnb" and don't want to book on it? 

      I am guessing that some may be hesitant to book with a new site, but if that was the case I didn't receive the booking, so I don't know if that was the reason. For the ones I know wanted to book, I haven't have anyone refuse to use the site.

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7mo

    my site www.bookvrof.com does not have a "click to book" function, but it is already challenging enough to attract repeat OTA customers to book direct, I do not want to make it harder.  Since I am the owner of the site, I can cancel any bookings I am not comfortable with without any penalty at all.

  • Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 34 posts · 12 votes
    7mo

    @Lisa Graesser - Fair point. Ok, that's good to hear! Thank you!

    @Andrew Steffens - Makes sense on both fronts! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.