Does Booking.com still suck for hosts?

Does Booking.com still suck for hosts?

Member since 2021 · 20 posts · 4 votes

I got so frustrated with Booking.com that I just flat out left the channel.  Having to collect our own payments, terrible phone support (not unique to channel), worse email support.  It's been a couple of years.  We got a respectable number of bookings, but it wasn't enough to stay.

To those hosts that use it, has it gotten better?  BTW, we use Hospitable & PriceLabs.

1Reply
132 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jeff ChisumPro Member
    Lender · All 50 States · Member since 2020 · 248 posts · 142 votes
    7mo

    Following.  After hearing about someone having a good experience with guests it getting 30% of their bookings from the platform I signed up this week.

    • Member since 2026 · 7 posts · 7 votes
      7mo
      Quote from @Jeff Chisum:

      Following.  After hearing about someone having a good experience with guests it getting 30% of their bookings from the platform I signed up this week.


       I just started a booking.com account. Havent finished setting it up. Do you really have to collect your own payment?

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    7mo

    I think I am in the minority and never really had any issues with them.  I do have an integrated account so it flows well with my PMS and existing systems.  I do not get a ton of bookings but enough that I prefer to keep them around.

  • Property Manager · Old Orchard Beach, ME · Member since 2015 · 108 posts · 11 votes
    7mo

    Hey Matthew, we have always used Booking.com, as I feel having as many channels as possible (that don't add stress, of course) is always a great way to go.

    I know what you mean, though. At one point, years ago, our setup with them was a bit archaic, but it has gotten much better.  As @Andrew Steffens said, using a PMS that connects to them easily is key.  You can also select Payments By Booking, which means they collect the payment for you, so you don't need to deal with collecting funds or chargebacks.

    Good luck and I'd say it's worth a try!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.