Manvel, TX · Member since 2014 · 309 posts · 127 votes
We've been using AirBnB for the past year with no problem. Bookings were slumping so we listed with VRBO and got a 2 month reservation within 24 hours. HOWEVER, the guest payed on 5/31, and they say we will not receive payment until 7/3. What the heck?!?!
I looked on the community forum and found a message saying that for your very first time using their payment system, they would hold it for 30 days. I called customer service since it did not seem possible that was correct. Yes, it is correct. Also, since 30 days falls on a Friday, they'll be disbursing it on Monday, and oh by the way, it will take 5-7 days for you to receive payment after it's disbursed.
Looking through the forums it appears that there are big problems with their payment processor. Do any of you know of workarounds for the terrible payment system?
I’ve been waiting 3 weeks for a payout of $2,351. I called HOMEAWAY/VRBO/EXPEDIA10 days ago and they promised they would send it on May 12, 2020. They did not send the payment to my bank. I’m glad I recorded that call.
What’s concerning is they paid several smaller payments in the meantime that were booked WEEKS after the reservation for the reservation of $2,351.
My conclusion is that HOMEAWAY/VRBO/EXPEDIA have a serious problem; a lack of working capital. As a result, they are are improperly using owner’s rental fees to fund daily operations. They are not paying out the larger amounts for that reason. By paying the smaller amounts they think we will be satisfied.
HOMEAWAY/VRBO/EXPEDIA is protecting its employees and executives salaries to our detriment. It’s criminal. They are being dishonest and hiding their the fact that they on the verge of bankruptcy.
All these posts are not paying attention; this only affects: 1) has to be a new VRBO listing 2) received their first booking 3) the stay is just two days or less from the time of booking. So they are saying had they booked more in advance, they wouldn't hold it up as I guess there would be plenty of time to ensure their payment goes through. I don't know if they're trying to prevent money laundering activity, they won't say. This happened to me on my very first booking and I'm not sure what security fraud they are claiming could possibly take place. I wouldn't mind another week but 30 days is outrageous I am waiting on 4,100.00 on a 45-day stay, so they will have had my rental property without receiving payment for 37 days out of the 45, and they could leave and say there was something wrong and I could get scammed because VRBO would then not pay me any money. They're placing me at risk of fraud committed on me! I am already placed in hardship to pay my bills that are due now. They won't explain in detail what their talking about and it makes me nervous doing business with them now as they play this non-transparent behavior. I'm already thinking how can I trust them and if I will continue to host on their site in the future.