I was wondering if anyone has tried or heard of Brian's Page's Airbnb formula for signing leases on rental units and then using the apartments as a full-time Airbnb model. I've been an Airbnb host for some time, and I'm intrigued by the idea of operating on a larger scale and automating the front-desk aspects. Anybody heard of this guy? I'm considering his tutorial...
http://bnb-formula.thinkific.com/courses/members
$997 is a lot of money to learn something that you can figure out on your own using common sense, psychology, finance and marketing.
Put yourself in your potential tenants shoes and do what it takes to rent yourself a house, from scratch.
That's Paul Sandhu's STR Formula, and it was free! Put the $997 of yours towards unexpected expenses, they will happen. Especially when a meth head breaks into your STR and steals the HDTV, Roku and modem; but you can catch them the next morning when they are still sleeping in the house. That happened to me 72 hours ago.
Yes, you can be a beginner and figure it out eventually or get educated, follow the steps and look professional from the start.
I get step by step instruction, closed FB group for support, monthly group coaching calls. If this is going to be a business then I highly recommend.
$997 is nothing for proper education. I make that in 1 booking.
One of our properties in Kelowna https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/33999409
@Chris Petitclerc
Amazing house, Chris!!
Yes, you can be a beginner and figure it out eventually or get educated, follow the steps and look professional from the start.
I get step by step instruction, closed FB group for support, monthly group coaching calls. If this is going to be a business then I highly recommend.
$997 is nothing for proper education. I make that in 1 booking.
One of our properties in Kelowna https://www.airbnb.ca/rooms/33999409
馃槏馃槏馃槏
What a house! And booked every weekend! How much did that place cost?!
We rent it for $6500 a month and earn 10k to 18k a month in revenue. Perfect for family gatherings, weddings or family reunions. Big demand for homes that can sleep and entertain a lot of people.
It is for sale for 1.5 million. The owners cannot keep up with the holding costs so we help them out.
We rent it for $6500 a month and earn 10k to 18k a month in revenue. Perfect for family gatherings, weddings or family reunions. Big demand for homes that can sleep and entertain a lot of people.
It is for sale for 1.5 million. The owners cannot keep up with the holding costs so we help them out.
Ha! Silly owners. They鈥檇 have no problem keeping up with holding costs if they learned how to run an Airbnb.
There is a lot to know running an Airbnb. Locks, dealing with cleaners, guest questions, house manual, handyman etc.
Brian鈥檚 course teaches you how to run a successful Airbnb using other people鈥檚 properties and creating a cash flow for yourself. Also if you want t to outsource and grow your business.
Best of luck if you plan to rent a house (sign a year lease) and figure it out on your own. You will have rent and staging costs upfront and hopefully you get that money back.
Also hopefully you choose the right location for the property which his course also teaches you.
Best advice:
Never listen to people not in the business or who are not successful themselves. Everyone will have an opinion.
@Emily G
Are you still able to share Brian鈥檚 BnB formula? Thank you.
@Emily G
Are you still able to share Brian鈥檚 BnB formula? Thank you.
That's interesting, I'll check that!
We bought Brian's class and find it to be very valuable. We in no way benefit from the review, just FYI. Have gone through all of it, all the bonus materials, checklists, USA city regulation lists, furnishing checklists with SKU's, profitability calculator, research tools, and on and on. We've been in RE for 15 years, so cumulatively, have 30 years experience. So many things came up that we wouldn't have thought of were covered. Great to so cheaply get over the learning curve.
He has great tools for scaling as well. Yes, it does take a lot of time/effort to start up. However, after scaling, requires less than part-time effort for one person. He helps you get to a point where you don't need to be involved daily and can work remotely.
For those concerned about the RE market changing and holding many leases, he covers that as well. Clean solution.
Someone mentioned you can learn all this stuff for free. Maybe? (Consider this lesson from traditional RE. There was a homeowner in our area selling their own property (FSBO.) They said in their listing that it had a new roof. Actually, what it had was new shingles; not a new roof. The people who bought the home from them sued when they had a water leak. Guess what? The sellers got to buy the buyer a brand new roof! This cost was considerably more than what they would've paid an agent to list their home who knows better.)
For those concerned about the utility costs, there are training calls on those and ways to spread out the costs and recoup them.
Someone mentioned being in a small area. There was a recent coaching call with 2 brothers in a very small Midwest town who have 2 properties and are already making around $40k/yr from them currently.
The group FB page is also awesome. People going through the process, asking questions, sharing successes, giving property advice specifically. Great connections and others wanting to business together. You can also connect with others doing free webinar deep dives into specific issues where you can ask questions.
Brian does coaching calls each month (maybe more than once a month?) and records those for all to hear and replay. Additionally, all past calls are in the archives. Just more ongoing benefit than what you originally paid for.
Hope this helps. :)
Or you can get a couple good books and read this forum in depth without the rah rah and expense.
@Emily G. yes it is thank you! can you plzzz send it to me! :)
@Ken Latchers Are you doing the business? How's it going? :)
@Ken Latchers Are you doing the business? How's it going? :)
Ken is doing good. But he needs some warm bodies in his beds starting in December. Read his previous posts
I have co-purchased this program and have spoken directly with Brian. He is a very knowledgeable person in the Short Term Rental space, and we've implimented his strategies on 8 properties to date. Definitely worth it in my opinion. Being connected with his network is pretty valueable too, as deals get passed around. PM me for more details.
@Amy Zemser, I've met Brian Page personally and have interviewed him on my podcast. I have also taken his course, implemented it, and recommended it to my friends. It's good. To some of the other people's points that you can learn this for free on your own.....you can. But that's not the point.
The reason I would buy his course is the same reason I buy any course. I buy a lot of them because I believe in paying for speed and proven success systems. I've wasted too much time and lost too much money piecing together free youtube videos and trying to figure out which step to implement next. The great thing about real estate, or stocks, or home building, or any other business out there really, is that you don't have to recreate the wheel. To be successful, all you have to do is be a very good follower of the blueprints. The BNB formula is a good blueprint. Hope that helps!
@Amy Zemser, I've met Brian Page personally and have interviewed him on my podcast. I have also taken his course, implemented it, and recommended it to my friends. It's good. To some of the other people's points that you can learn this for free on your own.....you can. But that's not the point.
The reason I would buy his course is the same reason I buy any course. I buy a lot of them because I believe in paying for speed and proven success systems. I've wasted too much time and lost too much money piecing together free youtube videos and trying to figure out which step to implement next. The great thing about real estate, or stocks, or home building, or any other business out there really, is that you don't have to recreate the wheel. To be successful, all you have to do is be a very good follower of the blueprints. The BNB formula is a good blueprint. Hope that helps!
@Amy Zemser, I've met Brian Page personally and have interviewed him on my podcast. I have also taken his course, implemented it, and recommended it to my friends. It's good. To some of the other people's points that you can learn this for free on your own.....you can. But that's not the point.
The reason I would buy his course is the same reason I buy any course. I buy a lot of them because I believe in paying for speed and proven success systems. I've wasted too much time and lost too much money piecing together free youtube videos and trying to figure out which step to implement next. The great thing about real estate, or stocks, or home building, or any other business out there really, is that you don't have to recreate the wheel. To be successful, all you have to do is be a very good follower of the blueprints. The BNB formula is a good blueprint. Hope that helps!
@Amy Zemser, I've met Brian Page personally and have interviewed him on my podcast. I have also taken his course, implemented it, and recommended it to my friends. It's good. To some of the other people's points that you can learn this for free on your own.....you can. But that's not the point.
The reason I would buy his course is the same reason I buy any course. I buy a lot of them because I believe in paying for speed and proven success systems. I've wasted too much time and lost too much money piecing together free youtube videos and trying to figure out which step to implement next. The great thing about real estate, or stocks, or home building, or any other business out there really, is that you don't have to recreate the wheel. To be successful, all you have to do is be a very good follower of the blueprints. The BNB formula is a good blueprint. Hope that helps!
I'm pretty much a newbie here and I am NOT a BNB Formula customer (yet). I've seent he BNB Formula free webinar and I've been researching BNB Formula (BNBF) since. A dear friend in my local real estate group recommended I check out this thread, so I've gone through the thread to see if there is a consensus regarding whether BNBF is worth it. From what I gather here, there are clearly BNBF supporters and BNBF non-supporters. Two sides (no surprise for anyone else who's gone through this thread).
For those that have not, I'll try to sum up my findings. The supporters appear to be actual BNBF customers/students who share reasons for support / benefits of the course, etc. and the non-supporters share alternative advice (e.g putting the information together yourself for free to save the money), and in some cases, they share skepticism.
Based on the BNBF customer posts I've read here as well as other testimonials I've seen from students on places like Youtube and elsewhere, I think it's fair to say there is a lot of "social proof" saying that this is a proven and innovative approach to succeeding in real estate with AirBNB. As some of the customers have already said, yes you could put the information together yourself and hope not to make costly mistakes OR you could go with what sounds like a pretty exhaustive program for $997.
The cost of the program seems worth it to me based on the speed of recouping the $997 upon successful implementation so, guess it's fair to say I'm leaning toward purchasing the course.
When I do, I'll come back and share how it goes as I'm guessing it will take a bit to learn and implement.
Oddly, there was a glitch and my post showed up twice, so I'm editing the second one. Best!
So, I'm just curious about the short term rental rules. Boulder, Denver, and my entire surrounding area seem to prohibit short term rentals. So, are they just going out into small towns and ignoring those areas?
Also, he states in the presentation, that the average hotel rate is $130/night, but when I look at Air BNB, even in big cities you can find nice places for $75/night. The numbers don't really seem to add up.
Great to find this thread...May I ask, How are you guys calculating the profits to see if properties qualify before contacting owner? Is there a specific formula you guys use? Also, recommendations on what tools for automation need to be setup so I can only focus on finding next properties without having to deal with guest issues, requests, check in and outs. Want this ops to be handled by a team and be automated. Thanks for any help on what tools you guys are using.
"How are you guys calculating the profits to see if properties qualify before contacting owner?"
For the most part, they're calculating them wildly incorrectly. Many newbies seem not to understand when you have no reviews and no clue we're about to make a bunch of Errors until you learn what to do, and having accounted for the massive oversupply coming into the market in the forever future, it's almost comical
"Is there a specific formula you guys use"
plucked from the air, wild guessed, oversimplified, leaving critical details...
@Jeremy Blackston can you shed any light on what has been successful for you in selling the landlords your business idea?