Leaving Evolve Vacation Rental

Leaving Evolve Vacation Rental

Rental Property Investor · Decatur, GA · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 31 votes

Several people using Evolve Vacation Rental had concerns about how difficult it would be to leave Evolve.  I just made that transition and I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was.

  • I can keep all my current bookings with Evolve.
  • I was able to transfer my reviews back to my VRBO listing.
  • For $250, I can keep my photographs and listing description.

I am now back on my own and the transition was fairly quick (it took a few days) and simple. I contacted them via email and informed them of my desire to terminate my contract and be the initial point of contact with my guests once again. They were understanding and only made minimal attempts to try and persuade me to stay.

If you've been considering making this transition but thought it would be difficult, hopefully, this will be useful in your decision-making process.

12Reply
382 views

Most Popular Reply

Bethlehem, PA · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 8 votes
7y

I almost went with evolve and I'm so happy that I did not. Their prices are too low in my market among other reasons.

See this reply in the discussion

37 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I did a search to see if anyone else used Evolve and left, hence how I found this post.  Hoping you can still answer questions on this topic as I've been with Evolve for just 90 days and I want to leave.  After 90 days they do not charge you for their photos but if I understand correctly I need to set up my listing on Airbnb and my reviews will not transfer unless I can get Evolve to co-host and then I can remove them.  I've already asked to be a co-host and they refused. I read further down in one of your responses that I can call VRBO and they will move those reviews, is that correct?  Did you have to re-establish your listing on Airbnb?  If so, did it take long to get your listing active? Evolve's contract says I have to give them 15 business days to terminate.  Did you experience this?  FYI, Evolve now includes booking.com and I just had the worst experience with a renter from booking.com (they trashed my house, smoked and ruined my hardwood floors) and want to be removed from that site, and Evolve will not remove my listing from that site so I am motivated to terminate with them.  TIA for anything you can answer!!

  • Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Were you able to transfer your Airbnb reviews?  I'm told by Airbnb that I can't retain my reveiws unless Evolve adds me a a co-host and they will not do so escalating to a manager to see what I can work out.

    I'm trying to terminate with Evolve and they will cancel my current booking or I have to stay with them until my 2022 Evolve bookings pass.  Evolve has taking over tax reporting and payments as os 11/1/21 and as of today 11/29/21 have not communicated anything about this to me.  I found out since numbers in their reports were no longer adding up.

    Anyone considering using Evolve, should think twice.  I've been with them since 5/31/21 and have had nothing but problems.  They don't communicate, they pass you all around when you have an issue, their staff doesn't know what's going on....they are horrible!!

  • Jeff PollockPro Member
    Truckee, CA · Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    @Lynette Guy I'm thinking about leaving Evolve for several of the reasons you already mentioned. Was your listing on AirBnB, and if so, did you get to keep the reviews that were already left after you transitioned?

  • Rental Property Investor · Decatur, GA · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 31 votes
    4y
  • Jeff PollockPro Member
    Truckee, CA · Member since 2020 · 34 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    Hey @Lynette Guy, did you mean to write more than just tagging me? I read the comments above but don’t see a more recent one. Thanks!

  • Rental Property Investor · Decatur, GA · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 31 votes
    4y

    @Jeff Pollock not sure what happened to the reply that I previously wrote.  I had my listing with Airbnb before I listed with Evolve.  Those reviews transferred to Evolve.  When I left Evolve, the original reviews went back to my Airbnb listing, but the reviews that I received while listed with Evolve did not transfer.  That was a few years ago-not sure if anything has changed since then.

  • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ken Latchers:

    I never had any significant damage. Is very rare when that happens. That is why you have short term rental insurance. You should be looking at Airbnb and VRBO and booking.com and possibly FlipKey to bring you people, not to be your insurance company

    Who do you use for your STR Insurance?
    If you don't mind me asking.
  • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Ken Latchers:

    among other things, they dont used booking.com, which brings me more good bookings than Airbnb

    Of course they include booking.com. I just had the pleasure (not) of and unauthorized party by underaged booking.com guests And I am with evolve. You can see your booking.com listing easily by going into the portal and clicking on listings and scrolling all the way to the bottom of any listing and clicking on the logo.
  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y

    Hey Lynnette!

    I see that this is an old post but I am really in need of some information and/or advice on this matter. We are in the process of purchasing a home managed by evolve and as soon as they caught wind that we were not going to proceed with them they started acting very pushy and shut down all the listings threatening that we would lose every booking, all the reviews and photos. They started pressuring us to give them a final decision immediately. I do not want to ruin anyone's vacation plans for those already booked next week and we close Monday. They say all the listings will be canceled and they will rebook them all somewhere else. I feel like we are being bullied and I don't know if I should call their bluff or cave and use them as to not ruin people's bookings. 

    • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 1 vote
      1y

      What happened, @Sara G Terry? Someone above had a good idea. Create a new listing for future bookings, while letting the existing bookings run their course. If possible!

  • Rental Property Investor · Decatur, GA · Member since 2018 · 42 posts · 31 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Sara G Terry:

    Hey Lynnette!

    I see that this is an old post but I am really in need of some information and/or advice on this matter. We are in the process of purchasing a home managed by evolve and as soon as they caught wind that we were not going to proceed with them they started acting very pushy and shut down all the listings threatening that we would lose every booking, all the reviews and photos. They started pressuring us to give them a final decision immediately. I do not want to ruin anyone's vacation plans for those already booked next week and we close Monday. They say all the listings will be canceled and they will rebook them all somewhere else. I feel like we are being bullied and I don't know if I should call their bluff or cave and use them as to not ruin people's bookings. 

  • Andrew SteffensBusiness Member
    Tampa, FL · Member since 2022 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    I now offer all the same services Evolve does, anywhere in FL.  You can also keep your own Airbnb listing.  I started offering this on top of the existing full service purely because of how many people want to leave Evolve and have had issues.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.