Skip to content
Short-Term & Vacation Rental Discussions

User Stats

Votes
Aldo Balatti
  • Investor
  • Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Votes |
Anyone Doing Long Distance Short Term Rental Successfully?

Aldo Balatti
  • Investor
  • Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Posted Jul 21 2019, 20:22

I am in Canada and interested in having a vacation property in the US for short term rental in a long distance/far away market from where I am living. I am interested in having the STR property fully managed by a turn-key short term rental management company which takes care of everything and all the STR property marketing, bookings, maintenance, cleaning , etc. From my research, these turn-key STR management companies provide this full turn-key service for 20% - 30% of all the bookings.

Since I am living far away from the STR property, I am interested in knowing if anyone has had any success or issues with this type of long distance STR model? This could be with using a purchased rental investment property or using a STR arbitrage (sub-leased from a landlord) property. I am interested in knowing the pros and cons and what to look for or watch out for from people that have used this long-distance turn-key model.

Thanking you in advance and very much appreciated any insight and feedback you can share!

Loading replies...