What do you when there is a prostitute in your STR?

What do you when there is a prostitute in your STR?

Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes

Had 11 pipefitters in my big house.  3 story, 4 baths and a jacuzzi.  9 beds, 11 guys, day and night shift.  I was collecting weekly rent and one guy asked me if I wanted to stick around and see the show.  I asked what the show was.  Won't go in to detail but another guy showed me the video from the previous night.  The first guy said she comes by every evening around 6:30. 

This is my clientele.  I said "Have a good time" and left with $1200 cash.  I paid $15,900 for the house and put another $3000 to furnish it.  They stayed in the house for 4 months.

17Reply
71 views

Most Popular Reply

Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
7y

Offer a referral service, let the local industry leaders know that you have an often-changing clientele that you will make available to vetted service providers. You're a landlord, so be very thorough about the vetting.

Pipefitters gonna lay pipe.

See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Uncle Paul strikes again. Classic. 

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    7y
    Ask for a cut?
  • Hatfield, PA · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 629 votes
    7y

    If you know when she comes, tell her she is banned from the property fye to illegal activity. If she comes in, she can be arrested for trespass.

  • Real Estate Agent · Sevierville, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    I missed you @Paul Sandhu! Nobody runs an STR empire like you do LOL

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    Post the address here to increase revenue:)

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    Offer a referral service, let the local industry leaders know that you have an often-changing clientele that you will make available to vetted service providers. You're a landlord, so be very thorough about the vetting.

    Pipefitters gonna lay pipe.

  • Contractor · Oxford, MA · Member since 2018 · 807 posts · 745 votes
    7y

    @Paul Sandhu are we talking higher end or lower end? Either way I don't do anything until there are complaints, I just wanted to know if I would stick around

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Bryan Devitt She was uglier than a box of rocks.

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Paul Sandhu:

    @Bryan Devitt She was uglier than a box of rocks.

    You see? You see why you need to vet the service providers? They're taking video of said box of rocks back home, bragging to other pipefitters. Do you want that to be the face advertising your STR at Local 1028 in Sandusky? The smart business decision would be to get something top-shelf in there...

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    @Jim K.  Said "Box of Rocks" was a local amateur.  I've seen her around town the last 6 years, working legit odd jobs.  Starting in September, the first wave of 5000 contractors will be coming here for the largest turnaround in this refineries history.  It's going to take 6-8 months.  The professional ho's will be coming to Coffeyville for those 5000 people. 

    How would I contact their service providers?

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    Bandit signs! They're not just for buying houses anymore! Or you could just case the local bus station for anyone looking for runaways.

  • Rental Property Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2016 · 279 posts · 133 votes
    7y

    @Paul Sandhu

    Somehow I put together a adult movie title in my mind from this comment...

  • Rental Property Investor · Yukon, OK · Member since 2016 · 25 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @Jim K.

    Mr. Jim, So in regards to "vetting" our so-called "Service providers" wouldn't something like that be taboo. Or at least require some gold chains, a purple suit, and a pinky ring? If you catch my drift?

  • WorldWide · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    I would definitely jack your cleaning fees up...

  • Investor · The worst town to live in, KS · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Victor S.:

    I would definitely jack your cleaning fees up... 

    I have one of those "black light" flashlights to detect bodily fluids.  I'm very afraid to use it.  Don't want to find out something that I don't want the answer to.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y

    We had a prostitution ring in one of our apartment buildings once. Police weren't all that much help so we had to hire an off duty officer to come and do security for a few weekends and get it broken up. Pain in the butt man.

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Paul Sandhu:

    @Bryan Devitt She was uglier than a box of rocks.

    This changes the whole discussion re: increased revenue and referral fees.

    Prior lot lizards are to be avoided 😑  Pull the residential purposes only card from your deck and slap it down.

  • Rental Property Investor · New York City · Member since 2019 · 703 posts · 538 votes
    7y

    "Paul's Pipe N Hole inn" 

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Colby Merrill:

    @Jim K.

    Mr. Jim, So in regards to "vetting" our so-called "Service providers" wouldn't something like that be taboo. Or at least require some gold chains, a purple suit, and a pinky ring? If you catch my drift?

     Chinchilla...chinchilla, baby!

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Paul Sandhu:
    Originally posted by @Victor S.:

    I would definitely jack your cleaning fees up... 

    I have one of those "black light" flashlights to detect bodily fluids.  I'm very afraid to use it.  Don't want to find out something that I don't want the answer to.

    This is actually not the first time I have heard an STR provider make this exact statement. I also once knew a guy who owned a hotel in downtown Athens who would only go into the rooms he rented by the hour to the local tranny trade with salad tongs in each hand.

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:

    We had a prostitution ring in one of our apartment buildings once. Police weren't all that much help so we had to hire an off duty officer to come and do security for a few weekends and get it broken up. Pain in the butt man.

    Yeah, I'll just bet he took a few weekends. Had to gather enough evidence, after all.

  • Rental Property Investor · La Quinta, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 779 votes
    7y

    @Paul Sandhu Sounds like the perfect town for my drive-thru peep show idea.  Extra charge for a warm towel at the second booth.

  • Rental Property Investor · Closter, NJ · Member since 2015 · 884 posts · 722 votes
    7y

    This thread is hilarious! Thank you for the belly laughs!

  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Pay her extra

  • Investor · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2016 · 315 posts · 206 votes
    7y

    I was taught many years ago by a professor of finance not to lend money to anyone who’s profession started with a P. Lol 😂 I have applied that to who not to lease a property to as well. 

    Professor plumber policemen Painter physician prostitute etc  etc  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.