What do you when there is a prostitute in your STR?

41 Replies

Had 11 pipefitters in my big house.  3 story, 4 baths and a jacuzzi.  9 beds, 11 guys, day and night shift.  I was collecting weekly rent and one guy asked me if I wanted to stick around and see the show.  I asked what the show was.  Won't go in to detail but another guy showed me the video from the previous night.  The first guy said she comes by every evening around 6:30. 

This is my clientele.  I said "Have a good time" and left with $1200 cash.  I paid $15,900 for the house and put another $3000 to furnish it.  They stayed in the house for 4 months.

If you know when she comes, tell her she is banned from the property fye to illegal activity. If she comes in, she can be arrested for trespass.

Offer a referral service, let the local industry leaders know that you have an often-changing clientele that you will make available to vetted service providers. You're a landlord, so be very thorough about the vetting.

Pipefitters gonna lay pipe.

Originally posted by @Paul Sandhu :

@Bryan Devitt She was uglier than a box of rocks.

You see? You see why you need to vet the service providers? They're taking video of said box of rocks back home, bragging to other pipefitters. Do you want that to be the face advertising your STR at Local 1028 in Sandusky? The smart business decision would be to get something top-shelf in there...

@Jim K.   Said "Box of Rocks" was a local amateur.  I've seen her around town the last 6 years, working legit odd jobs.  Starting in September, the first wave of 5000 contractors will be coming here for the largest turnaround in this refineries history.  It's going to take 6-8 months.  The professional ho's will be coming to Coffeyville for those 5000 people. 

How would I contact their service providers?

Bandit signs! They're not just for buying houses anymore! Or you could just case the local bus station for anyone looking for runaways.

@Jim K.

Mr. Jim, So in regards to "vetting" our so-called "Service providers" wouldn't something like that be taboo. Or at least require some gold chains, a purple suit, and a pinky ring? If you catch my drift?

Originally posted by @Victor S. :

I would definitely jack your cleaning fees up... 

I have one of those "black light" flashlights to detect bodily fluids.  I'm very afraid to use it.  Don't want to find out something that I don't want the answer to.

We had a prostitution ring in one of our apartment buildings once. Police weren't all that much help so we had to hire an off duty officer to come and do security for a few weekends and get it broken up. Pain in the butt man.

@Bryan Devitt She was uglier than a box of rocks.

This changes the whole discussion re: increased revenue and referral fees.

Prior lot lizards are to be avoided 😑  Pull the residential purposes only card from your deck and slap it down.

Originally posted by @Colby Merrill :

@Jim K.

Mr. Jim, So in regards to "vetting" our so-called "Service providers" wouldn't something like that be taboo. Or at least require some gold chains, a purple suit, and a pinky ring? If you catch my drift?

Chinchilla...chinchilla, baby!

Originally posted by @Victor S.:

I would definitely jack your cleaning fees up... 

I have one of those "black light" flashlights to detect bodily fluids.  I'm very afraid to use it.  Don't want to find out something that I don't want the answer to.

This is actually not the first time I have heard an STR provider make this exact statement. I also once knew a guy who owned a hotel in downtown Athens who would only go into the rooms he rented by the hour to the local tranny trade with salad tongs in each hand.

Originally posted by @James Wise :

We had a prostitution ring in one of our apartment buildings once. Police weren't all that much help so we had to hire an off duty officer to come and do security for a few weekends and get it broken up. Pain in the butt man.

Yeah, I'll just bet he took a few weekends. Had to gather enough evidence, after all.