Anyone have a good rental agreement for VRBO

Anyone have a good rental agreement for VRBO

Lender · Fremont, CA · Member since 2014 · 292 posts · 102 votes

Anyone have a rock solid rental agreement that they could share for VRBO ? Got my first short term vacation rental last week and got booked until Oct. Learning things as we get the booking. 

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
6y

I concur. It's dangerous to use free stuff from strangers. You never know if it's legally sound, particularly if it's coming from someone in another state. 

My personal technique for developing a contract is to search the internet for a variety of examples. I then piece them together to build something that suits my style and situation. Then I take it to an attorney for refinement and approval. It costs a little up front, but you'll know it suits your needs and is in step with the law.

The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Luke CarlPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Tennessee Florida · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    @Pari Thiagasundaram.

    No one is going to share a rental agreement on the internet. If you get sued you’ll take that person to court with you.

    Google “Vrbo rental agreement” and you’ll find what you’re looking for.

    Or pay a lawyer. This is the right thing to do.

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    6y

    I concur. It's dangerous to use free stuff from strangers. You never know if it's legally sound, particularly if it's coming from someone in another state. 

    My personal technique for developing a contract is to search the internet for a variety of examples. I then piece them together to build something that suits my style and situation. Then I take it to an attorney for refinement and approval. It costs a little up front, but you'll know it suits your needs and is in step with the law.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • John UnderwoodPro Member
    Investor · Greer, SC · Member since 2014 · 13k+ posts · 17k+ votes
    6y

    Have your attorney create one for your specific needs.

  • Michael BaumPro Member
    Olympia, WA · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    I did what @Nathan Gesner did. I took a look at dozens of short term rental agreements. I took parts of each one that worked for me and basically stitched them together. Had a lawyer take a gander, he didn't change much. Done and done. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.