Hi All! Looking to get into AirBNB for a unit that I currently have a year lease on. Tenant moving out April 30th, and this property is really close to Hershey Park so I'm thinking of giving AirBNB a go. Any advice as to how to get started would be appreciated...I know I will have to furnish the apartment, get internet, etc., but looking for some tips/tricks and cost saving advice on furnishing and best routes to take! Thanks.
New Bern, NC · Member since 2017 · 246 posts · 173 votes
5y
@Jillian Shuler
Hi Jillian. We furnished our three Airbnbs mostly through Facebook marketplace, Craigslist, and yard sales. Hotels use percale sheets (cotton polyester blend) and so do we - they last, and they're comfortable. We use quilts instead of comforters- easier to store. We fully encase all mattresses, box springs, and pillows to protect from bed bugs. We buy TCL smart TVs from Walmart - good quality and good price. Once you think you have the unit ready, spend a night there. You'll figure out what else you need. Good luck!
Financial Advisor · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2016 · 195 posts · 161 votes
5y
@Jillian Shuler - look at running the revenue estimate through Airdna.com- they have a free tool that will give you a base revenue estimate. We furnish through ikea, Facebook marketplace and Amazon.
We use hostfully for pms, august door locks and ecobees to make for good controls on the units and energy efficiency.