Birmingham AL & Surrounding Areas

36 Replies

Hi! 

New to BP world but feel it's more "legit" than information obtained through local fb groups - they seem to have an overload of scammers.

Looking for insight on all things REI for areas around Birmingham, Huntsville, Montgomery, Mobile!

Are there any virtual meet ups going on (since co-vid) I've searched the Meet Up app but not much luck.

I plan to start in Birmingham & want to branch out from there. Worked in Huntsville about 10 yrs ago - wish I would have been in real estate back then!

All areas seem to be hot right now - What's your opinion/insight?

@Thea Jenkins welcome to BP! I wouldn’t completely discount FB groups, I’ve sold a lot of properties and gained a lot of contacts that way. Obviously takes a little extra due diligence. That said I invest in both Birmingham and Huntsville, if you ever want to chat just reach out!

I love the idea of a Zoom Meetup! Well done! I only work in multifamily, so I'm
a bit industry-adjacent to most to people on here. Still, I believe it's always a good idea to surround oneself with people on a mission. If a Zoom Meetup does come together, and apartment folks are allowed, count me in!

@Thea Jenkins I've been wanting to set up a zoom conference call to talk about experiences and share insight in the investments we are all doing in the greater Huntsville area.

Do you think this Friday or following Monday would be better?

I could set it up and send out link information to everybody. We would just need to decide what day and time is best.

@Thea Jenkins

Welcome to the bp world. Yes I agree that this medium has been more efficient for working with others and connecting in helpful ways.

I haven't invested in Birmingham but I know the market is great there too.

I have focused on Huntsville and the surrounding cities (Madison, harvest, Decatur) and have had awesome experiences and great returns.

I am a real estate broker with a focus on investment properties and property management, but I am also an investor myself so I am excited to connect even on an investor to investor level and just share thoughts and experiences for the area.

It'd be great to connect more

I have one property in Birmingham but I'm looking to expand. Let me know if/when the zoom meeting will happen. I need to network more with like-minded individuals.

Hey all,

I would love to be part of a zoom meeting regarding property in the Birmingham area. I have one house in Hueytown and will be looking for more next year. Looking forward to connecting with others.

Hello everyone, my second day here :). I would also be interested if it happens I would appreciate the invite. I have been looking into Huntsville as of recently but not ready to fully commit yet. I’m doing a refi on my property in Cali. Nice to meet you all.

@Thea Jenkins , @Jill Herzig , @Brad Peralta , @Scott Rivers , @Gary Gharibi , @Thornton Drury , @Brian Tunnell , @Matthew Kinsley

A virtual meeting has been created for tomorrow, Friday, October 23 at 3pm CST (Huntsville Time).

Here is a link to the meeting. It has been posted in the events section of BP. It has all the video call information.

For any questions or issues with getting on please message me directly.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Originally posted by @Gary Gharibi :

Hello everyone, my second day here :). I would also be interested if it happens I would appreciate the invite. I have been looking into Huntsville as of recently but not ready to fully commit yet. I’m doing a refi on my property in Cali. Nice to meet you all.

I feel you on the refi piece. I'm refinancing my primary and my investment property in Alabama. I'm still in the market for another property though. One of my goals is to get at least one this year. Hopefully I find the right one. If not, I'll at least have some funds for a JV.