Newbie investor Introduction

10 Replies

Hi everyone! My name is Stuart and I'm brand new to real estate investing and BP. I learned about this site from a friend and I have been listening to the podcast for several weeks now. A different friend of mine and myself are gathering as much knowledge as we can right now and are hoping to start making moves in the very near future.

I currently work as an OTR (over the road) truck driver and while I love my job I want to build other streams of income and hopefully obtain more free time in the process. I'm currently away from home most of the time.

I'm very much looking forward to learning, meeting new people and networking.

Hey @Stuart Hoffman !

Welcome to BiggerPockets! You have hit the JACKPOT of resources for real estate investors. You can literally find answers to all of your questions within the confines of this site. What’s the best way to get started using BiggerPockets?

1.Subscribe to the BiggerPockets Money and Rookie Podcasts

2.Attend the FREE WEBINARS

3.Attend a Meetup in Your Area / virtual meet ups

4.Purchase the Beginner Books: How to Invest in Real Estate, Set for Life, The House Hacking Strategy

5.Peruse the forums! Ask questions! Answer Questions! If you are consistent with learning real estate over the next 4-6 months, you’ll be ready to purchase your first (or next) property in NO TIME!

Good luck,

Chad

Originally posted by @Stuart Hoffman :

Hi everyone! My name is Stuart and I'm brand new to real estate investing and BP. I learned about this site from a friend and I have been listening to the podcast for several weeks now. A different friend of mine and myself are gathering as much knowledge as we can right now and are hoping to start making moves in the very near future.

I currently work as an OTR (over the road) truck driver and while I love my job I want to build other streams of income and hopefully obtain more free time in the process. I'm currently away from home most of the time.

I'm very much looking forward to learning, meeting new people and networking.

Stuart, welcome aboard!

@Stuart Hoffman Welcome to the site! It sounds like you are off to a great start and have at least an outline of what you want to do moving forward.  Continue to flesh out that plan and you'll be off to the races.  Best of luck to you and your friends in making those moves!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you