New REI in the Greater Houston Area

New REI in the Greater Houston Area

Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 4 votes

I am an aspiring REI in the Greater Houston Area, looking to make connections. My Real Estate fixation began about 3 or so years ago before I graduated from college with my Bachelors in accounting. I have been self educating by listening to the BiggerPockets podcast, reading various books on Real Estate, and of course "Rich Dad Poor Dad". I would love to team up with an experienced investor in my area and get my first deal under my belt.

2Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
4y

Hey I’m touch with @Shahan Siddiqi 

Good connect to have on the area 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    4y

    Hey I’m touch with @Shahan Siddiqi 

    Good connect to have on the area 

  • Alex BreshearsBusiness Member
    Lender · Springfield, MO · Member since 2020 · 351 posts · 504 votes
    4y

    Hi Chad! It's great you are getting started and have some amazing motivation! I know a few private lenders in Texas, but they are likely going to want you to have some experience before they fund a deal, or have a partner that is very experienced.  I am also going to suggest you sit and think about what you bring to the table as a partner. Just saying you want a partner doesn't give anyone any ideas on the "fit" you would have. For example, are you great with spreadsheets and numbers? Then start really mastering the numbers of a deal and your area. Offer to underwrite deals for a more experienced investor and get their feedback from what you came up with.  Lead with your strengths, let people know what they are, and they likely will feel they do or don't need those strengths in their team. 

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Alex Breshears:

    Hi Chad! It's great you are getting started and have some amazing motivation! I know a few private lenders in Texas, but they are likely going to want you to have some experience before they fund a deal, or have a partner that is very experienced.  I am also going to suggest you sit and think about what you bring to the table as a partner. Just saying you want a partner doesn't give anyone any ideas on the "fit" you would have. For example, are you great with spreadsheets and numbers? Then start really mastering the numbers of a deal and your area. Offer to underwrite deals for a more experienced investor and get their feedback from what you came up with.  Lead with your strengths, let people know what they are, and they likely will feel they do or don't need those strengths in their team. 


     Thank you so much for the insight Alex! I will keep that in mind as I continue to grow my network.

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    Thank you for that introduction, and welcome to BiggerPockets.

    I hope you continue to learn from everyone on this platform.

    If you have not, great books to read are:

    • The Millionaire Next Door
    • Cash Flow Quadrant
    • Tax Free Wealth
    • Set For Life
    • Rental Property Investing
    • The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
    • The REAL Book of Real Estate
    • So Good They Can’t Ignore You

    You are more than welcome to reach out if you have any questions. 

    I can help you with your Real Estate Goals because I’ve helped many to achieve same thing you are trying to do

    Good Luck!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Chad George

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    If you are looking to invest into real estate, I have found this site to be incredibly helpful.

    If you are looking to connect with other members near you, or want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

  • Attorney · Houston · Member since 2022 · 84 posts · 116 votes
    4y

    Hi Chad. Feel free to pm me anytime. I'm an active investor in Houston and also a real estate attorney so I can give you another perspective in real estate. 

  • Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Wale Lawal:

    Thank you for that introduction, and welcome to BiggerPockets.

    I hope you continue to learn from everyone on this platform.

    If you have not, great books to read are:

    • The Millionaire Next Door
    • Cash Flow Quadrant
    • Tax Free Wealth
    • Set For Life
    • Rental Property Investing
    • The Millionaire Real Estate Investor
    • The REAL Book of Real Estate
    • So Good They Can’t Ignore You

    You are more than welcome to reach out if you have any questions. 

    I can help you with your Real Estate Goals because I’ve helped many to achieve same thing you are trying to do

    Good Luck!


     Thank you so much for the book recommendations Wale! I will most definitely be adding these to my reading list.  

  • Jay ThomasPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 715 votes
    4y

    Welcome to the amazing world of REI, Chad!

    I have always been a hands on learner, so I always look out for networking events to connect with boss-minded people in Houston. I recommend looking into HTXMillennials on Instagram and getting on their newsletter. They have amazing events and a lot of investors are sponsors and even attendees. You can meet mentors, clients, vendors, and more! 

    Keep self educating through books, blogs, and BP. Keep that fire lit and ROCK IT! Welcome again, brother! If you would ever like to connect, I would love to meet and talk and learn more about your story and your WHY!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.