Dallas/North Texas Meetup

Dallas/North Texas Meetup

New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes

Hi Everyone!

My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

27Reply
855 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y

I'm sure there is always room for a new group, especially in McKinney, Sherman, Gainesville, Denton area...but there are plenty in DFW area in general.  HEre is a list of a few of them.

Please note I am not affiliated in any way with any of the groups other than that I have attended some of their meetings/presentations. Many groups during Covid have switched to online only or a combination of online/in person events. Many now getting back to live events. These groups are often in flux about where they meet, when they meet, how often they meet, so this is meant to be a general resource.

NTAREI- https://ntarei.com/ Normally meets about 2x a month in North Dallas at the Holiday Inn at Preston and LBJ NE corner. Some vendors present. Probably 20-120 in attendance depending on the topic. Meeting is normally on Thursday nights, occasionally on Tuesdays, and some full day Saturday seminars. Could be in person or online. Organizer is Roger.

Texas Tuesday DFW Real Estate Mastermind- https://ttdfwrem.com/ ...used to meet at Venture X in Lewisville, but seems to have moved to Ft. Worth. Great energy with this group. Tends to attract a younger /trendy crowd. Location could change.   Used to be on 1st Tuesday of the month, but has occasionally met on different days.

1REClub- http://jimmyvreed.com/network/... Fort Worth based with the organizer Jimmy Reed. Traditionally has met at Best Western Suites, 2000 Beach St., Fort Worth, Texas 76103 on Thursday nights.

DFW REI Club – dfwreiclub.com – Meets about 2x-4x month, normally on Saturday morning from about 9am-12noon at Manhattan Plaza 6850 Manhattan Blvd, Suite 205 Fort Worth, TX 76120. Seems like about 20-50 people present when I have attended. Organizer is Robin Carriger...super nice and knowledgeable guy.

IMPACT LIVE- www.impactreievents.com Meets about once a month in various places around Grapevine, Denton. Typically on the 4th Monday of the month in the evening about 7pm. Organizer is Sherry Patterson. I’ve been and there was a great group of people there...about 40 or so and a handful of vendors. May have other locations as well.

IMPACT Live Arlington- https://www.meetup.com/impactarlington/ Dennis Henson’s original group in a new form.

Novice Investors Club was Texas Investors Club- https://www.meetup.com/novicer... - Meets several times a month in Carrollton or Grapevine. Organizer is Michelle Landry.

Dallas and Ft. Worth REIG- https://www.dallasreig.com Organizer is Joe Boston. This has been a popular group for a very long time. Mostly meets on Saturday mornings.

Lifestyles Unlimited - https://lifestylesunlimited.co... - a membership only group but certainly adds lots of value for their members. There can be big costs to join this group, but if you follow the system and need a lot of mentorship, it might be worth the investment. Nice way to move up into syndications once you have a nice capital reserve.

Dallas REIA Live - https://dallas-reia.com/ -Meets about once a month in Dallas and Grapevine. Organizer is Shenoah Grove.

Quest - https://www.questtrustcompany.... Meets about 1-2x per month. Often on Wednesdays at 12noon. Specializing in how to use your investment accounts to invest. So get your 401k and HSA and other self directed accounts ready. Plenty of online meetings as well.

MLSIQ- https://realestateiq.co/ meets mostly online right now 1-2x week. Variety of topics with different experts.

West DFW REI Group- https://www.westdfwreigroup.com/ Check their online calendar for meeting times. Some Tues/Thurs/Saturdays.

REI Connections DFW- https://www.facebook.com/groups/172353131007199 Meets 1st Saturday of the month 8am.

The Dallas Event- https://www.instagram.com/theeventpresents/ Several times a year...normally 5pm-till close. Virgin Hotel. Great speakers..plenty of networking.

Total Wealth Academy- https://totalwealthacademy.com/ Houston based group. Former Lifestyles trainer Steve Davis has started this and has some Dallas trainings and meetings periodically. Full day class was probably one of the best I’ve seen and great value.

Roddy Round Up- https://roddy.com/roddy-event/ Back in action after a few years of hiatus. Currently meeting in Flower Mound about 1x/month. Organizer is Curtis Roddy.

See this reply in the discussion

214 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 13 votes
    4y

    Hi! It looks like you’re doing something similar to us! I’m definitely interested in a meet-up or mastermind. 

  • Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    I've been looking the past 3 months and also looking to purchase in the next few months. Went under contract once but inspection came back with all sorts of issues. Still looking. Would love to meet and discuss real estate with you all. 

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Glad to have you as a part of this awesome community, Daniel! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas-Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2021 · 116 posts · 69 votes
    4y

    I try to go to these as often as I can.  It's so invaluable to learn from others and build your team.  I'd encourage you go to as many as you can.  I've purchased a couple rentals the past year.  I'm always interested in getting together.  Let me know if you kick one off!

  • Sherman, TX · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    I would love to make this happen! My wife and I are new to real estate and we live in Sherman. There doesn't seem to be any meetups within a reasonable distance from us, which has made local networking and building a team more difficult. The current state of the market has created a bit of a learning curve for new investors just getting started and I feel that starting a local meetup would be very beneficial for many of us. We don't need a ton of people to get started. We have enough in this thread to start a meetup, and more would surely join. Does anyone have any proposals on where/when? I would definitely be there!

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 13 votes
    4y

    There's one once a month at Krootz in Gainesville. The next one is July 20 at noon. It's run by Kelly Bob Bayer who is on Facebook and announces it. It would be great to see you guys there.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Julio Gonzalez:

    Glad to have you as a part of this awesome community, Daniel! 


     Thank you Julio, happy to be here!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jodi Tommerdahl:

    There's one once a month at Krootz in Gainesville. The next one is July 20 at noon. It's run by Kelly Bob Bayer who is on Facebook and announces it. It would be great to see you guys there.


     Awesome!! Thanks for sharing Jodi.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ryan Reuther:

    I would love to make this happen! My wife and I are new to real estate and we live in Sherman. There doesn't seem to be any meetups within a reasonable distance from us, which has made local networking and building a team more difficult. The current state of the market has created a bit of a learning curve for new investors just getting started and I feel that starting a local meetup would be very beneficial for many of us. We don't need a ton of people to get started. We have enough in this thread to start a meetup, and more would surely join. Does anyone have any proposals on where/when? I would definitely be there!


    Let's get something in the works. Just sent you a request!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Marc Stevenson:

    I try to go to these as often as I can.  It's so invaluable to learn from others and build your team.  I'd encourage you go to as many as you can.  I've purchased a couple rentals the past year.  I'm always interested in getting together.  Let me know if you kick one off!


     Awesome Marc. We'd love to have you! Just sent you a request.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Sergio Orjuela:

    I've been looking the past 3 months and also looking to purchase in the next few months. Went under contract once but inspection came back with all sorts of issues. Still looking. Would love to meet and discuss real estate with you all. 


     Sounds like we're in the same boat Sergio. Just sent you a request!

  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex · Member since 2020 · 66 posts · 57 votes
    4y

    @Daniel Schlittler Sign me up! I’m a new investor in the DFW area. I have properties in Plano and Arlington. Would love to expand my network.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Matt Solis:

    @Daniel Schlittler Sign me up! I’m a new investor in the DFW area. I have properties in Plano and Arlington. Would love to expand my network.


     Sounds great Matt! Lets connect.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 47 votes
    4y

    Following! I need to start networking with great people who I help grow and who can help me grow.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Tenetrice Johnson:

    Following! I need to start networking with great people who I help grow and who can help me grow.


     Good stuff Tenetrice! I completely agree. Just sent you request.

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    I would love to attend some of these meet-ups. I buy deals in north DFW and Grayson County. My parents are realtors in Sherman/Denison and I'm from the Lewisville area. 

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Tyler Austin:

    I would love to attend some of these meet-ups. I buy deals in north DFW and Grayson County. My parents are realtors in Sherman/Denison and I'm from the Lewisville area. 


     Awesome! Thanks for your response Tyler. Let's connect!

  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Following as well. I plan to buy close to Dallas proper in December and would love to connect with other investors!

  • New to Real Estate · Plano, TX · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    Would love to connect as well!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Nate Hemby:

    Following as well. I plan to buy close to Dallas proper in December and would love to connect with other investors!


     Thanks for the reply Nate! Sending you a request now.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jack Yen:

    Would love to connect as well!


     Awesome Jack. Let's connect!

  • Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
    4y

    @Sergio Orjuela. In my opinion you will never have a perfect inspection report. Please make sure you are working with an investor friendly realtor who can guide you through the inspection report and how to mitigate what to negotiate and what you can repair after purchase. Best wishes

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    I’m brand new to real estate investing and welcome the opportunity to network and build relationships. I would be all for a meet up!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Derek Massey:

    I’m brand new to real estate investing and welcome the opportunity to network and build relationships. I would be all for a meet up!


     Great to hear Derek! Sending you a request now.

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 4 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:
    Quote from @Derek Massey:

    I’m brand new to real estate investing and welcome the opportunity to network and build relationships. I would be all for a meet up!


     Great to hear Derek! Sending you a request now.

     Sign me up too !! I’m new in Dfw market and would love some tips

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.