Dallas/North Texas Meetup

Dallas/North Texas Meetup

New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes

Hi Everyone!

My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

27Reply
866 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y

I'm sure there is always room for a new group, especially in McKinney, Sherman, Gainesville, Denton area...but there are plenty in DFW area in general.  HEre is a list of a few of them.

Please note I am not affiliated in any way with any of the groups other than that I have attended some of their meetings/presentations. Many groups during Covid have switched to online only or a combination of online/in person events. Many now getting back to live events. These groups are often in flux about where they meet, when they meet, how often they meet, so this is meant to be a general resource.

NTAREI- https://ntarei.com/ Normally meets about 2x a month in North Dallas at the Holiday Inn at Preston and LBJ NE corner. Some vendors present. Probably 20-120 in attendance depending on the topic. Meeting is normally on Thursday nights, occasionally on Tuesdays, and some full day Saturday seminars. Could be in person or online. Organizer is Roger.

Texas Tuesday DFW Real Estate Mastermind- https://ttdfwrem.com/ ...used to meet at Venture X in Lewisville, but seems to have moved to Ft. Worth. Great energy with this group. Tends to attract a younger /trendy crowd. Location could change.   Used to be on 1st Tuesday of the month, but has occasionally met on different days.

1REClub- http://jimmyvreed.com/network/... Fort Worth based with the organizer Jimmy Reed. Traditionally has met at Best Western Suites, 2000 Beach St., Fort Worth, Texas 76103 on Thursday nights.

DFW REI Club – dfwreiclub.com – Meets about 2x-4x month, normally on Saturday morning from about 9am-12noon at Manhattan Plaza 6850 Manhattan Blvd, Suite 205 Fort Worth, TX 76120. Seems like about 20-50 people present when I have attended. Organizer is Robin Carriger...super nice and knowledgeable guy.

IMPACT LIVE- www.impactreievents.com Meets about once a month in various places around Grapevine, Denton. Typically on the 4th Monday of the month in the evening about 7pm. Organizer is Sherry Patterson. I’ve been and there was a great group of people there...about 40 or so and a handful of vendors. May have other locations as well.

IMPACT Live Arlington- https://www.meetup.com/impactarlington/ Dennis Henson’s original group in a new form.

Novice Investors Club was Texas Investors Club- https://www.meetup.com/novicer... - Meets several times a month in Carrollton or Grapevine. Organizer is Michelle Landry.

Dallas and Ft. Worth REIG- https://www.dallasreig.com Organizer is Joe Boston. This has been a popular group for a very long time. Mostly meets on Saturday mornings.

Lifestyles Unlimited - https://lifestylesunlimited.co... - a membership only group but certainly adds lots of value for their members. There can be big costs to join this group, but if you follow the system and need a lot of mentorship, it might be worth the investment. Nice way to move up into syndications once you have a nice capital reserve.

Dallas REIA Live - https://dallas-reia.com/ -Meets about once a month in Dallas and Grapevine. Organizer is Shenoah Grove.

Quest - https://www.questtrustcompany.... Meets about 1-2x per month. Often on Wednesdays at 12noon. Specializing in how to use your investment accounts to invest. So get your 401k and HSA and other self directed accounts ready. Plenty of online meetings as well.

MLSIQ- https://realestateiq.co/ meets mostly online right now 1-2x week. Variety of topics with different experts.

West DFW REI Group- https://www.westdfwreigroup.com/ Check their online calendar for meeting times. Some Tues/Thurs/Saturdays.

REI Connections DFW- https://www.facebook.com/groups/172353131007199 Meets 1st Saturday of the month 8am.

The Dallas Event- https://www.instagram.com/theeventpresents/ Several times a year...normally 5pm-till close. Virgin Hotel. Great speakers..plenty of networking.

Total Wealth Academy- https://totalwealthacademy.com/ Houston based group. Former Lifestyles trainer Steve Davis has started this and has some Dallas trainings and meetings periodically. Full day class was probably one of the best I’ve seen and great value.

Roddy Round Up- https://roddy.com/roddy-event/ Back in action after a few years of hiatus. Currently meeting in Flower Mound about 1x/month. Organizer is Curtis Roddy.

See this reply in the discussion

214 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    4y

    @Daniel Schlittler welcome! Are there no meetups on Meetup or BP in your area already?

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 32 votes
    4y

    Anyone interested in a casual HH, maybe mid-week in the upcoming few weeks? I could do uptown or addison areas. Was really looking for a less formal networking meetup of like-minded individuals. Thanks!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Michael Rand:

    Welp I'm never one for missing a good party.  Love to join you guys when you send out the invites.

    Love the initiative.  

    Michael


     Lol! We'll be sure to include you Michael. Let's connect.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Christopher Douglas:
    Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:
    Quote from @David M Hansen:

    Sign me up! I am also just starting my real estate investing journey and would love info on the meetup. Thanks. 


     Will do David! Let's connect.

    Hi Daniel.  There seems to be a lot of interest in  the North Texas meetup.  Are there any plans in place? I am interested in participating. 

     Thanks for your interest Christopher. Let's connect, I'll send over some information when we clarify dates/times! Most likely looking at August.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jordan Moorhead:

    @Daniel Schlittler welcome! Are there no meetups on Meetup or BP in your area already?

     Thanks Jordan! @Bruce Lynn sent us a good amount that I was unaware of. Looking to start another in the North Texas area.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Anyone interested in a casual HH, maybe mid-week in the upcoming few weeks? I could do uptown or addison areas. Was really looking for a less formal networking meetup of like-minded individuals. Thanks!


     I could go for that!

  • New to Real Estate · Plano, TX · Member since 2022 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    4y

    I'm down!

  • Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    @Daniel Schlittler I'm down as well. Closing on my first Fix & Flip property tomorrow! Ready to be around people in a similar boat. let me know :)

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 47 votes
    4y

    Any updates? I'm looking for cash buyers and the meetup would definitely help me network with great end buyers.

  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    Working on nailing down a location.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Sean Robbins:

    @Daniel Schlittler I'm down as well. Closing on my first Fix & Flip property tomorrow! Ready to be around people in a similar boat. let me know :)

    Good stuff Sean!! Let’s connect. 
  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    4y

    @Daniel Schlittler

    Hey! I am very interested in a local meet up. My husband and I are ready to embark our real estate journey. We relocated from Miami, FL to McKinney, TX in 2018. I look forward to connecting with locals in our area to help and learn from one another! I am available to assist with planning a meet up if necessary. Thanks! 

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Veronica Juliao-Guzman:

    @Daniel Schlittler

    Hey! I am very interested in a local meet up. My husband and I are ready to embark our real estate journey. We relocated from Miami, FL to McKinney, TX in 2018. I look forward to connecting with locals in our area to help and learn from one another! I am available to assist with planning a meet up if necessary. Thanks! 


     We’d love to have you Veronica! Welcome to TX!

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 32 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Anyone interested in a casual HH, maybe mid-week in the upcoming few weeks? I could do uptown or addison areas. Was really looking for a less formal networking meetup of like-minded individuals. Thanks!


     Sidecar social in addison is a large indoor space with food/drinks. I live in Dallas but that might be a good meeting point for north Dallas and downtown people. I’m thinking a Thursday night, maybe end of august? If that sounds good we can settle on a date. 

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Anyone interested in a casual HH, maybe mid-week in the upcoming few weeks? I could do uptown or addison areas. Was really looking for a less formal networking meetup of like-minded individuals. Thanks!


     Sidecar social in addison is a large indoor space with food/drinks. I live in Dallas but that might be a good meeting point for north Dallas and downtown people. I’m thinking a Thursday night, maybe end of august? If that sounds good we can settle on a date. 


     Anything Addison  or north is ideal for us folks Plano and farther north.  Trying to get into Uptown area from up here is a crazy commute.  Addison is fairly accessible for Collin county folks, Denton County folks and people out in in Irving or even Garland IMO.   Just my 2 cents..

  • New to Real Estate · Carrollton, TX · Member since 2022 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Definitely interested in trying to go to a meetup.  My wife and I are new to all of this and are hoping to get involved in the real estate arena around Denton/ Lewisville/ Carrollton area for now.  Currently we both work overnights with Sunday/ Monday off. We live in Carrollton.

  • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    Hi Daniel, Please do count me in! I am in a similar situation. 

  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    I'm still working on a location with a meetup room or separate space. I don't know the area as well, so if anyone has suggestions in north Dallas or Sherman I'm all ears. No one I've talked with had something like that.

  • Dallas · Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    4y

    Hi all! I know it is late notice, but we have a meetup tonight. It is in Highland Village from 6-9pm at Hugo's Lost Colony. Free food and drink and just networking! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need more details!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 47 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Devin Bray:

    Hi all! I know it is late notice, but we have a meetup tonight. It is in Highland Village from 6-9pm at Hugo's Lost Colony. Free food and drink and just networking! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need more details!


    Omg! I wish I had saw this yesterday. I hope it was a good turn out. I'll be on the lookout for the next meeting. 


  • Dallas · Member since 2022 · 12 posts · 9 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Tenetrice Johnson:
    Quote from @Devin Bray:

    Hi all! I know it is late notice, but we have a meetup tonight. It is in Highland Village from 6-9pm at Hugo's Lost Colony. Free food and drink and just networking! Let me know if you have any questions or if you need more details!


    Omg! I wish I had saw this yesterday. I hope it was a good turn out. I'll be on the lookout for the next meeting. 


    Absolutely! We'll be doing it again in November!
  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 2 votes
    4y

    Hey guys ! Count me in as well , im new to investing and looking for my first fix and flip . It would be amazing to have a meetup of all like minded people and share so much of knowledge 

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 32 votes
    4y

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

    Love it Ali! I’ll be there. 

    Looking forward to hopefully seeing as many of you as possible!
  • Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    I’m in! See ya then 😀

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.