Dallas/North Texas Meetup

Dallas/North Texas Meetup

New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes

Hi Everyone!

My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.

27Reply
993 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
4y

I'm sure there is always room for a new group, especially in McKinney, Sherman, Gainesville, Denton area...but there are plenty in DFW area in general.  HEre is a list of a few of them.

Please note I am not affiliated in any way with any of the groups other than that I have attended some of their meetings/presentations. Many groups during Covid have switched to online only or a combination of online/in person events. Many now getting back to live events. These groups are often in flux about where they meet, when they meet, how often they meet, so this is meant to be a general resource.

NTAREI- https://ntarei.com/ Normally meets about 2x a month in North Dallas at the Holiday Inn at Preston and LBJ NE corner. Some vendors present. Probably 20-120 in attendance depending on the topic. Meeting is normally on Thursday nights, occasionally on Tuesdays, and some full day Saturday seminars. Could be in person or online. Organizer is Roger.

Texas Tuesday DFW Real Estate Mastermind- https://ttdfwrem.com/ ...used to meet at Venture X in Lewisville, but seems to have moved to Ft. Worth. Great energy with this group. Tends to attract a younger /trendy crowd. Location could change.   Used to be on 1st Tuesday of the month, but has occasionally met on different days.

1REClub- http://jimmyvreed.com/network/... Fort Worth based with the organizer Jimmy Reed. Traditionally has met at Best Western Suites, 2000 Beach St., Fort Worth, Texas 76103 on Thursday nights.

DFW REI Club – dfwreiclub.com – Meets about 2x-4x month, normally on Saturday morning from about 9am-12noon at Manhattan Plaza 6850 Manhattan Blvd, Suite 205 Fort Worth, TX 76120. Seems like about 20-50 people present when I have attended. Organizer is Robin Carriger...super nice and knowledgeable guy.

IMPACT LIVE- www.impactreievents.com Meets about once a month in various places around Grapevine, Denton. Typically on the 4th Monday of the month in the evening about 7pm. Organizer is Sherry Patterson. I’ve been and there was a great group of people there...about 40 or so and a handful of vendors. May have other locations as well.

IMPACT Live Arlington- https://www.meetup.com/impactarlington/ Dennis Henson’s original group in a new form.

Novice Investors Club was Texas Investors Club- https://www.meetup.com/novicer... - Meets several times a month in Carrollton or Grapevine. Organizer is Michelle Landry.

Dallas and Ft. Worth REIG- https://www.dallasreig.com Organizer is Joe Boston. This has been a popular group for a very long time. Mostly meets on Saturday mornings.

Lifestyles Unlimited - https://lifestylesunlimited.co... - a membership only group but certainly adds lots of value for their members. There can be big costs to join this group, but if you follow the system and need a lot of mentorship, it might be worth the investment. Nice way to move up into syndications once you have a nice capital reserve.

Dallas REIA Live - https://dallas-reia.com/ -Meets about once a month in Dallas and Grapevine. Organizer is Shenoah Grove.

Quest - https://www.questtrustcompany.... Meets about 1-2x per month. Often on Wednesdays at 12noon. Specializing in how to use your investment accounts to invest. So get your 401k and HSA and other self directed accounts ready. Plenty of online meetings as well.

MLSIQ- https://realestateiq.co/ meets mostly online right now 1-2x week. Variety of topics with different experts.

West DFW REI Group- https://www.westdfwreigroup.com/ Check their online calendar for meeting times. Some Tues/Thurs/Saturdays.

REI Connections DFW- https://www.facebook.com/groups/172353131007199 Meets 1st Saturday of the month 8am.

The Dallas Event- https://www.instagram.com/theeventpresents/ Several times a year...normally 5pm-till close. Virgin Hotel. Great speakers..plenty of networking.

Total Wealth Academy- https://totalwealthacademy.com/ Houston based group. Former Lifestyles trainer Steve Davis has started this and has some Dallas trainings and meetings periodically. Full day class was probably one of the best I’ve seen and great value.

Roddy Round Up- https://roddy.com/roddy-event/ Back in action after a few years of hiatus. Currently meeting in Flower Mound about 1x/month. Organizer is Curtis Roddy.

See this reply in the discussion

214 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 9 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

    This sounds amazing! I am out of town that week but hope to attend next time! Please include me if you decide to make this a group/meet up. Have fun!
  • Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

    Definitely looking forward to it. Is the event created somewhere so we can register for it?

  • Sherman, TX · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    4y

    Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it to Addison. It isn't any closer than the other meetups I've found. Meetups in this area are non existent so I was really hoping to get something setup a bit closer than North Dallas. The Sherman investors I've spoken to are not local so I'm guessing there are very few, if any, local investors. If there are any maybe their meetups are top secret, or they're just not interested in networking. I will continue to search for something between Sherman and McKinney. Thanks for including me and I hope you all have a great time and turnout!

  • Sherman, TX · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Alicia Marks:

    I'm still working on a location with a meetup room or separate space. I don't know the area as well, so if anyone has suggestions in north Dallas or Sherman I'm all ears. No one I've talked with had something like that.


     I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner!

  • Developer · Dallas, TX · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

    Sounds awesome. My girlfriend and I would love to attend! Looking to get into real estate (most likely house hacking to start) but would love to meet others in the area!

  • Investor · Mesquite, TX · Member since 2019 · 111 posts · 15 votes
    4y

    Interested in this meet up as well, or anything nearer to Mesquite area.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Chance Schlenk:
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

    Sounds awesome. My girlfriend and I would love to attend! Looking to get into real estate (most likely house hacking to start) but would love to meet others in the area!


     Looking forward to seeing you there Chance!

  • Rental Property Investor · Prosper, TX · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 8 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

    Count me in. I'll see everyone there. 
  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @JayCinta Henry:

    Interested in this meet up as well, or anything nearer to Mesquite area.


     Awesome JayCinta! Let's connect.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Tyler Lay:
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

    Definitely looking forward to it. Is the event created somewhere so we can register for it?


     Good idea Tyler! We'll look into that.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 47 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.


     Yes!!! I will be there! I look forward to meeting you all!

  • Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 8 votes
    4y

    I'm in as well.  Looking forward to it!

    https://sidecarsocial.com/

  • Alicia MarksPro Member
    Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ryan Reuther:
    Quote from @Alicia Marks:

    I'm still working on a location with a meetup room or separate space. I don't know the area as well, so if anyone has suggestions in north Dallas or Sherman I'm all ears. No one I've talked with had something like that.


     I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner!

    No worries! I was looking for a designated private room, but we can at least start with networking.
  • Real Estate Agent · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex · Member since 2020 · 66 posts · 57 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

    I’ll be there.
  • Investor · McKinney, TX · Member since 2022 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Hey guys! I think we are going to shoot for:

    September 8th 5:30-8:00 at Sidecar Social in Addison. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can give the space a call ahead. 


    There isn't a separate room, but the space is huge. I was interested in something pretty informal... but if any additional meetups happen from this thread/group I would be open to trying to make those too! Look forward to meeting you.

    Hi Ali!

    Count me in. See you all soon :)

  • Member since 2022 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    Please sign me up!!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 65 posts · 64 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Daniel Schlittler:

    Hi Everyone!

    My name is Daniel Schlittler, and I'm a soon to be Real Estate investor. My goal is to purchase my first property (a SFR) in the growing North Texas area by October of this year. These cities include: Prosper, Celina, Gunter, Melissa, Anna, Sherman, Van Alstyne, etc.

    I've been consuming a ton of BP content via podcasts & books, but am really looking to expand my network. My goal in posting this is to see if there's anyone in the Dallas/North Texas area that would be interested in starting some sort of regular meetup with me where we can share ideas, information, etc. The more the merrier!

    I didn't see what I was looking for under the meetup tab, so I figured I'd reach out to everyone directly. Please let me know if you're interested!

    Either way, I'm excited to be here & look forward to hopefully meeting/talking with some of you.


     Hey guys, I've just added an event on the meetups section. Go check it out!!

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 32 votes
    4y

    Reminder that the event is this Thursday and starts at 5:30!


    I was able to secure a room for $50 at Sidecar Social for one hour, after which they will allow us to move to an open area/table. I will pay the $50 if attendees will plan to pitch in and split the cost with me. Please make sure to RSVP so that we have an accurate count. See you there!

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 28 posts · 47 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Ali Williams:

    Reminder that the event is this Thursday and starts at 5:30!


    I was able to secure a room for $50 at Sidecar Social for one hour, after which they will allow us to move to an open area/table. I will pay the $50 if attendees will plan to pitch in and split the cost with me. Please make sure to RSVP so that we have an accurate count. See you there!


     I'll be there and will be glad to help contribute. See you there!

  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 7 votes
    4y

    Looking forward to seeing you all at the meetup this Thursday!

  • Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    I'll be there, and am happy to Venmo a contribution for renting the room. See everyone tomorrow!

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 13 votes
    4y

    Is this event still on for tonight? I’d like to attend. 

  • Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2022 · 17 posts · 32 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Jodi Tommerdahl:

    Is this event still on for tonight? I’d like to attend. 

    Still on! Ask for the real estate meet up when you arrive, the room will be upstairs.
  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2014 · 25 posts · 13 votes
    4y

    Fantastic! See you guys there!

  • Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 16 votes
    4y

    Running a few behind. Be there soon!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.