New Member from S. Carolina. Small time investor.

New Member from S. Carolina. Small time investor.

Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2013 · 252 posts · 92 votes

Hey everyone! I am a newbie to this site. I am 31 yrs old, and reside in S. Carolina. Have been a Realtor for 10 yrs and an investor for about 4-5 yrs. Started by buying a triplex building (hud property), living in one side with my wife, rehabbing the others, then renting them out. After 7 years or so, I finally sold it last year, and used the equity to start investing. Working on my 2nd rehab this year (I buy, fix up, and resale), and hope to be able to do 2 at a time after this one. Any encouraging stories out there of small time guys like myself? Thanks everyone, God Bless!

0Reply
23 views

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Bryan/College Station/Somerville, TX · Member since 2013 · 55 posts · 14 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP Adam. Looks like you've found your niche.

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2013 · 252 posts · 92 votes
    12y

    Thanks Jason. I do enjoy doing most of the work myself, and seeing the property transform. Thanks for the response man.

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Nice work on the previous property @Adam Drummond . I LOVE the approach of renting one side and living in the other. Great way to get a low interest loan and build long-term while while getting some monthly cash flow.

  • Investor · Greenville, SC · Member since 2013 · 252 posts · 92 votes
    12y

    Joe Fairless,

    Thanks man. Checked out your website, and looks like you have been involved in a deal or two (sarcasm). I enjoy reading other people's success stories, especially when they started with $0 like myself and my wife. Living frugal and below your means to achieve a bigger picture goal is what helped us get started. Thanks again for the reply.

    Adam

  • Clemson, SC · Member since 2012 · 82 posts · 19 votes
    12y

    Welcome to the site! I thought it would be appropriate for me to post here, considering your picture! I'm currently a senior at Clemson. Nice to see someone else on here cheering for the right team in South Carolina!

  • Grayson, GA · Member since 2013 · 30 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Welcome! Look forward to hearing about your deals!

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Adam Drummond! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself! I like your comment about being frugal and saving money to invest, awesome!

    If you haven't already, be sure to check out The Book On Flipping Houses It's awesome and seems right up your alley.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Adam Drummond Thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! Looks like you have some good experience with real estate! Don't be afraid to jump in and help answer questions or ask some of your own.

    Oh- last thing: Have you setup your "Keyword Alerts" yet? If not - definitely add some. I'd recommend adding "Your City" so you'll be notified when people talk about your local area.

    Welcome Adam!

  • Easley, SC · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Another S Carolinian here :) Go TIgers!! and Welcome

  • Investor · Seneca, SC · Member since 2013 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    I'm close to Clemson, let me know if you want free coffee and talk. I'm very new to this and it sounds like you know what your doing. I live just outside Clemson City Limits.

  • Investor · Central, SC · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    I think what you did is great, have had the same intentions for months now. I currently live in central and am looking to start along your same lines. Would be great to hear your success story and kick around some ideas with you. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.