Boca Raton meet up or tips on real estate license

Boca Raton meet up or tips on real estate license

Property Manager · Fort lauderdale · Member since 2020 · 20 posts · 15 votes

Hi there, 

I’m going for my real estate license, preferably in a classroom. And am looking for tips on which course/school to pick. 

Also, if anybody is interested in being bought a cup of coffee, and talk real estate, count me in!

I just moved to Boca Raton from Portland, and before that from Amsterdam. Would love to connect.

2Reply
47 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · St. Augustine · Member since 2022 · 60 posts · 32 votes
    4y

    Hi Giovanna, and welcome to Boca! Portland and Oregon in general are among my favorite places to visit. While I can't give you too many tips about real estate licensing, I can definitely share some things about the financing side of the transaction. I'll send you a connection request. 

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets, Giovanna! 

  • Greater Ft. Lauderdale Area · Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    I had a great experience getting my RE License in Boca last year at Gold Coast School off Military Trail. Try to get in Instructor Gaspers class, you'll love it!

  • Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 755 votes
    4y

    Welcome down to south FL. Don't overthink it too much and make sure you are having fun in the RE game. I also did Gold Coast but the online class. I had asked around last year and most people recommended Gold Coast and I agree! I am up in Boca often enough so I would be up to meet at a coffee shop (not the Dutch style lol). 

  • Real Estate Agent · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 11 votes
    4y

    Welcome to Florida! I'm also a Gold Coast graduate as well. I did it all online and it was very easy to navigate.

    I'm in Pompano Beach, but make my way up to Boca & Delray quite a bit. Please feel free to ask any questions, especially as you start looking for a brokerage to join.

  • West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Giovanna Jeanina Joubert:

    Hi there, 

    I’m going for my real estate license, preferably in a classroom. And am looking for tips on which course/school to pick. 

    Also, if anybody is interested in being bought a cup of coffee, and talk real estate, count me in!

    I just moved to Boca Raton from Portland, and before that from Amsterdam. Would love to connect.

    If you're obtaining your license to focus on brokering investment real estate deals then welcome to Florida! However, if you're an investor and want to take advantage of the commissions side of your own investment transactions I caution you against obtaining your license. A real estate license means by law you're responsible for knowing everything related to real estate. The days of claiming "I didn't know that" vanish. You can be held legally liable for mistakes. Not to mention other Realtors are often reluctant to put deals in front of you. No matter which route you take I wish you the best of luck to you in your endeavors.

    That said, Goldcoast School of real estate is a good option. I'd encourage you to also take their Exam prep course. 

    https://goldcoastschools.com/c...

  • Jon HuberPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 713 votes
    3y

    @Giovanna Jeanina Joubert welcome to Boca Raton. I am in Boca as well. We have a coffee meetup that meets the second Saturday of every month in Delray Beach. Let me know if you’d like more details, as this isn’t the forum where I can promote it. 

  • Lender · Fort Lauderdale, FL (Lending in FL CT GA MI PA) · Member since 2022 · 470 posts · 349 votes
    3y

    I took an online one called Aceable earlier this year and liked it. I've heard nothing but good things about Gold Coast as well. 

  • West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jon Huber:

    @Giovanna Jeanina Joubert welcome to Boca Raton. I am in Boca as well. We have a coffee meetup that meets the second Saturday of every month in Delray Beach. Let me know if you’d like more details, as this isn’t the forum where I can promote it. 


     Let me know details, specifically the time & place. I'm in West Palm Beach.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.