Looking For Real Estate Investor(s) Willing to Share Some Knowledge

Looking For Real Estate Investor(s) Willing to Share Some Knowledge

Licensed Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 5 votes

Hello All,

I am new to this site and I am new to real estate investing. I plan on beginning my journey in becoming a landlord/property owner within in the next few months, most likely in March/April of 2014.

My plan is to become a seasoned property owner with a very lucrative real estate portfolio (mainly mult-units apartments). I plan on making a 4 unit apartment my first purchase, which I will live in while renting out the remaining 3 units. From there I will gradually increase my real estate portfolio.

Since I am new to the game of real estate, I am looking for any advice and/or knowledge that will help me make the right choices (while creating a supportive real estate network for myself), so when I finally get started I won't be too wet behind the ears.

Also, If there are any real estate gurus in the Cincinnati, Ohio area willing to share some of their knowledge or be a possible mentor to an young (well not that young lol), ambitious, entrepreneur in the making, please feel free to reach out to me.

Once again I want to thank everyone who reads and responds to this thread.

Cheers,

Brandon Styles

0Reply
10 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Nipomo, CA · Member since 2011 · 227 posts · 76 votes
    12y

    Brandon,

    Welcome to BP! Take advantage of all the great knowledge and information on this site. It will help point you in the right direction! Happy Investing!

  • FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 357 votes
    12y

    @Brandon Styles,

    Welcome to the Best Real Estate Site on the Net.

    At the top of this page, click on the "learn" tab. The various information available should help you with your goals. The podcasts are great.

    Raymond

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Brandon Styles, thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself!

    I like your plan on buying the quad as your first place. It's a great idea and a good way to throw yourself into REI. I started doing something "similar", renting out spare rooms in my SFH. Quads in my area are near $1m, so I wasn't about to start with that :) It's been going well so far and I'm still renting out those rooms!

    Check out this video for a teaser on evaluating a property:

  • Licensed Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    Thanks Terry Hershberger, @Raymond B. Mehran Kamari for taking the time to read my tread and for all the information each of you have given me. I just hope that in due time I can become a knowledgeable, contributing member to the BiggerPockets community like you all.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome Brandon, if you feel the urge to pay for information, contact me and I'll send you a bank account number. Otherwise, join by upgrading here on BP for the benefits and the Pro Section where all the real RE secrets are discussed. (No, just kidding), you can learn plenty right here! :)

  • Licensed Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 18 posts · 5 votes
    12y

    @Bill Gulley,

    Thank you for taking the time to read and reply to my post. I see you are very well respected on BP, and after reading your bio and some of your posts on other members' topics I see why. I was going to upgrade to Pro after I made my first deal but I'm starting to think that it will be a lot wiser to go Pro now (I guess I felt that I needed to prove myself by making a successful deal before I could go Pro). The more knowledge I have before my first deal the better off I'll be.

  • Investor, Entrepreneur, Educator · Springfield, MO · Member since 2009 · 21k+ posts · 12k+ votes
    12y

    Thank you, but I'd say I'm pretty well disrespected as well at times, LOL

    Join up, you can use the benefits starting off, shows you're serious about what you do too. Besides, you get to go in the pro forum where all the real secrets to RE are discussed ;)

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Brandon StylesThanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

    Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Cincinnati" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

    Thanks again for introducing yourself!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.