Just starting in RE investing from Richmond, VA

Just starting in RE investing from Richmond, VA

Homeowner · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 1 vote

It's raining here again but a good morning to be studying and I hope to fit in another great podcast from BiggerPockets. I retired quite early from a career in IT with the US Courts with a small annuity and some savings in our 401K type plan. Anticipating a career change, I've been studying horticulture at the Univ. of Richmond and volunteering to gain experience. Although I love horticulture and plants, I may not be able to make a great living at this and started imagining other possibilities that would allow me to enjoy that and create an income stream. My husband has an entrepreneurial background and experience selling residential RE in NJ as well as property management in a small expat community in the Yucatan of Mexico. We hope to find a multifamily property in the Richmond, VA area, relocate to it and begin our adventure in RE investing in this way and grow by finding other buy and hold residential properties. We dream of relocating to the west coast of Florida in a few years and doing the same.

I am reading the Ultimate Beginner's Guide, listening to blogs, etc. and enjoying it immensely. I hope to begin working on a business plan after the holidays.

0Reply
16 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Karin Spronz ! Best of luck to you and your husband with your REI! BP has a wealth of information and its community is priceless. Take advantage of all it has to offer!

  • Homeowner · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    12y

    Thank you Darren. I have so much to learn and love this forum.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.