New Real Estate Investor from Layton, UT

New Real Estate Investor from Layton, UT

Jason ReederPro Member
Investor · UT · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 7 votes

Hello everyone,

My name is Jason Reeder. I'm new to real estate investing. I've owed prior rentals but didn't understand how to operate those rentals effectively. I'm looking to acquire the knowledge, skills, application, and network to be successful with real estate investing. Looking forward to a prosperous journey. Have a great day!

-Jason

3Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Marc RiceBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
3y
Quote from @Jason Reeder:

Hello everyone,

My name is Jason Reeder. I'm new to real estate investing. I've owed prior rentals but didn't understand how to operate those rentals effectively. I'm looking to acquire the knowledge, skills, application, and network to be successful with real estate investing. Looking forward to a prosperous journey. Have a great day!

-Jason


 Welcome! The rental software is great now. I started with Cozy/apartments.com and then switched to Buildium (which is a little too confusing but scales nicely). TenantCloud is a good simple middle ground too! Welcome back!!!

Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Marlon FongPro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
    3y

    Welcome to the site @Jason Reeder! It's great to have you here.

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

    Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Wishing you the best!

    BiggerPockets
  • Noah BaconPro Member
    Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jason Reeder:

    Hello everyone,

    My name is Jason Reeder. I'm new to real estate investing. I've owed prior rentals but didn't understand how to operate those rentals effectively. I'm looking to acquire the knowledge, skills, application, and network to be successful with real estate investing. Looking forward to a prosperous journey. Have a great day!

    -Jason


    Hi Jason! Welcome to BiggerPockets and thanks for joining!

    Here are some tips for networking and making the most of your account.

    1) I'd fill out your profile fully before you do anything else! As that will at least help folks that you reach out to know that you are a real person, with a picture and professional bio. Particularly be sure to include your goals for real estate investing so that folks can help you.

    2) Go to the Search bar, and look for some local members in your area! Reach out to a few of the folks, perhaps those with hundreds or thousands of posts in this forum, and connect. You can do that here.

    3) Check out some of the local meetups that you can find in this forum! There are so many so be sure to filter by your location.

    4) Review this comprehensive 64 page deck on the state of the 2023 housing market (in your resource page as a member of BiggerPockets!) for real estate investors put together by Dave Meyer and available for all BiggerPockets members.

    5) Consider meeting with a few agents in your area even if you are just getting started! An investor friendly agent can do all sorts of helpful things, like setting you up with a search for properties or connecting you with folks who have recently done deals like the ones you want to do.

    6) Consider analyzing a deal or two in your local market, just for practice, with a free use of our Rental Property Calculator (or other calculators).

    Hope this helps! Please reach out with any questions you may have!

  • Marc RiceBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus Cleveland Dayton, OH · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jason Reeder:

    Hello everyone,

    My name is Jason Reeder. I'm new to real estate investing. I've owed prior rentals but didn't understand how to operate those rentals effectively. I'm looking to acquire the knowledge, skills, application, and network to be successful with real estate investing. Looking forward to a prosperous journey. Have a great day!

    -Jason


     Welcome! The rental software is great now. I started with Cozy/apartments.com and then switched to Buildium (which is a little too confusing but scales nicely). TenantCloud is a good simple middle ground too! Welcome back!!!

    Marc Rice | Investor Friendly Agent at Reafco Tailwind Team574 Reviews
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome aboard Jason!

  • Investor · Salt Lake City · Member since 2022 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    3y

    Hey welcome @Jason Reeder. I'm in SLC so not too far from Layton. You got this!

  • Jason ReederPro Member
    OP
    Investor · UT · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Marlon Fong:

    Welcome to the site @Jason Reeder! It's great to have you here.

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/m...

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/a...

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/r...

    Check out BP Money Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

    Wishing you the best!


     Thank you for the welcome message and thanks for the references. Will be definitely doing some learning in the near future.

  • Jason ReederPro Member
    OP
    Investor · UT · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Noah Bacon:
    Quote from @Jason Reeder:

    Hello everyone,

    My name is Jason Reeder. I'm new to real estate investing. I've owed prior rentals but didn't understand how to operate those rentals effectively. I'm looking to acquire the knowledge, skills, application, and network to be successful with real estate investing. Looking forward to a prosperous journey. Have a great day!

    -Jason


    Hi Jason! Welcome to BiggerPockets and thanks for joining!

    Here are some tips for networking and making the most of your account.

    1) I'd fill out your profile fully before you do anything else! As that will at least help folks that you reach out to know that you are a real person, with a picture and professional bio. Particularly be sure to include your goals for real estate investing so that folks can help you.

    2) Go to the Search bar, and look for some local members in your area! Reach out to a few of the folks, perhaps those with hundreds or thousands of posts in this forum, and connect. You can do that here.

    3) Check out some of the local meetups that you can find in this forum! There are so many so be sure to filter by your location.

    4) Review this comprehensive 64 page deck on the state of the 2023 housing market (in your resource page as a member of BiggerPockets!) for real estate investors put together by Dave Meyer and available for all BiggerPockets members.

    5) Consider meeting with a few agents in your area even if you are just getting started! An investor friendly agent can do all sorts of helpful things, like setting you up with a search for properties or connecting you with folks who have recently done deals like the ones you want to do.

    6) Consider analyzing a deal or two in your local market, just for practice, with a free use of our Rental Property Calculator (or other calculators).

    Hope this helps! Please reach out with any questions you may have!


     Noah, thanks for replying and providing resources to move forward. Take care.

  • Jason ReederPro Member
    OP
    Investor · UT · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Marc Rice:
    Quote from @Jason Reeder:

    Hello everyone,

    My name is Jason Reeder. I'm new to real estate investing. I've owed prior rentals but didn't understand how to operate those rentals effectively. I'm looking to acquire the knowledge, skills, application, and network to be successful with real estate investing. Looking forward to a prosperous journey. Have a great day!

    -Jason


     Welcome! The rental software is great now. I started with Cozy/apartments.com and then switched to Buildium (which is a little too confusing but scales nicely). TenantCloud is a good simple middle ground too! Welcome back!!!


     Hello Marc, I appreciate the welcoming. I used to use Cozy, super easy to use and setup. Will definitely have to explore the other sites. Thanks for your reply.

  • Jason ReederPro Member
    OP
    Investor · UT · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:

    Welcome aboard Jason!


     Thank you, Andrew! Looking forward to great deals!

  • Jason ReederPro Member
    OP
    Investor · UT · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Shannel Tuitele:

    Hey welcome @Jason Reeder. I'm in SLC so not too far from Layton. You got this!


     Hello Shannel! Glad to see another Utahn in here. Let's link up sometime. Lunch is on me. Take care!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.