User Stats

Votes
Alec Santiago
Votes |
Looking for opportunity to do basic work to gain experience

Alec Santiago
Posted May 8 2023, 16:29

Hello everyone! 

I'm finally at a point where I can get serious about real estate. I just finished up my PhD, paid off my credit cards, and moved to Columbus a few months ago. While I save up to buy property, I'm looking to do 'grunt' work for experienced realtors, to gain hands-on experience that will help me make good decisions when I can pull the trigger on a purchase. A bit about me, I currently work for OSU in the Venture Development department, specializing in spinning out startup companies from university tech. I also ran an entrepreneur non-profit and founded a biotech company that just completed its first raise, so I have familiarity with grinding and investor deals. I also interned with a VC firm.

I strongly believe in Columbus as a hot market, due to the influx of large manufacturing corps, the expected population increase, the advantageous position for climate change, and the major transition from commercial properties into residential. I have interest in multifamily, small commercial properties, and private residential, but not enough knowledge to know specifically what to pursue. 

I'm a quick learn, a diligent worker, and I'm pretty much always in a good mood. I've also listened to dozens of BiggerPockets episodes, attended some seminars, and am halfway through Multifamily Millionaire. If anyone is looking for a boots-on-the-ground (or fingers-on-the-mouse) help, I would be excited to pick up any knowledge and practice I can. 

Thanks!

-Alec

Loading replies...