New to Denver, new to Real Estate

New to Denver, new to Real Estate

Engineer · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 0 votes

Hello all!

I have just moved to Denver from Tucson, AZ, and am hoping to use this opportunity while I'm here (another 9 months or so for work), to meet some great people, establish some relationships, all the while educating myself in the world of real estate.

It has always been a plan of mine to enter the real estate world through buy & hold rental properties for long-term investments. I am hoping that I can learn from the BP community here, and contribute whatever I can as well. I am a Civil Engineer with a full-time job, paid my way through college doing web-design & development, and am extremely motivated to meet you all.

Areas I hope to invest in eventually:
-Denver, CO
-Tucson, AZ
-Various WA cities
-And of course, I am always open to opportunities elsewhere.

My current step in the real estate business: Learn from someone already in it. I have been studying and lurking for long enough, and I have saved enough to get my feet wet... now I just need more hands-on exposure.

0Reply
19 views

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2013 · 14 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Welcome to the site @Kyle Fritz !

  • Bill S.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Kyle, welcome. What kind of structural work do you do?

  • Engineer · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Bill S.

    @Bill S.In school I emphasized in reinforced concrete design for buildings, however my current job is in mining reclamation... So I've been getting the most exposure with culverts, piping, and earthwork.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Kyle Fritz welcome to the site! It's great to have you here! Have you checked out the BiggerPockets Podcast yet? If not - definitely do so!

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Welcome, I am a Realtor currently residing in Tucson. If you need any help with finding some good properties here let me know, I'd be happy to set you up with a search!

  • Engineer · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Isaac Figueroa
    I am definitely interested, while I am here in Denver I will be furthering my education, by the time I move back to Tucson this year, I will be looking for property to start (or "continue", if I have already began here in Denver).
    I will send you a colleague request for now, and definitely contact you when that time comes

  • Tucson, AZ · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    Received. I look forward to working with you!

  • Anson YoungBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 726 votes
    12y

    Welcome! If you want to grab lunch or coffee sometime, let me know!

  • Engineer · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    I would definitely be up for that!
    It's funny you should contact me actually, a couple of hours ago I added the scheduled Jan 28th meetup at the Gather Bar at Galvanize that you mentioned in a forum thread to my Calendar.

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome Kyle! Denver is great. I'm going there in a couple weeks. How do you like it compared to Tuscon?

    I also invest in buy and holds in various states. It's a fun way to go!

  • Engineer · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Ali Boone
    Hello Ali!
    So far I'm loving it here. It's cold, but if you like skiing or snowboarding, it's the best place to be!

    What got you into purchasing RE overseas?

  • Specialist · Orange County, CA · Member since 2008 · 2k+ posts · 623 votes
    12y

    Hi @Kyle Fritz,

    Welcome to BiggerPockets!

    Glad to hear you're past the "lurking" phase and ready to start investing. You will never stop learning in this business, so you want to make sure you don't get stuck in paralysis from all the information out there. At some point you'll know enough, and experience is one of the best teachers.

    Be sure to check out the Ultimate Beginners Guide as well as my 10 Rules of Successful Real Estate Investing.

    Continues success!

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    It was totally unplanned and unexpected. I was bored at work (back in the day when I was working a corporate job) and saw an opportunity and just casually looked into it. Fell in love with Nicaragua so ended up going for it! Amazing country.

    And yes, I plan to snowboard there in a couple weeks! Can't wait.

  • Engineer · Tucson, AZ · Member since 2014 · 12 posts · 0 votes
    12y

    @Marco Santarelli
    Thank you Marco, I definitely hope to avoid the analysis paralysis! I've read both of those articles before; I have been reading and bookmarking the most useful/pertinent/insightful articles across this site :)

    @Ali Boone
    Wow, That's a pretty big leap of faith to make. Glad to see it went well.
    I'm living in a resort town right now (Winter Park), and have made it my goal, since I'll only be here once winter season, to snowboard every worthwhile resort in the state! I've already hit about 5 so far. So if you come across any questions while you're here, feel free to contact me, I might be able to help

  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Great, will do! Thanks.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.