New to BP and REI

New to BP and REI

New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes

Hello! 

I currently live in Boulder County and I am looking to continue investing journey in Colorado. Specifically, my focus centers around LTR in the Colorado Springs (lived there from 2012-2017 while I was in the Air Force) and Pueblo areas and am in it for the long game. I currently have one rental property in the north end of the Denver Metro area and i'm hooked! I'm eager and willing to learn as much as possible from this awesome community!

Looking forward to connecting everyone! 

9Reply
129 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2023 · 53 posts · 33 votes
3y
I'm New to Bp and REI as well. I'm currently in the Springs area , also where i will be investing. I'm Ex Army been here sense 2012 was active duty 2005-2011 ( deployed to Iraq twice in support of OIF)
See this reply in the discussion

36 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · New Castle, CO · Member since 2022 · 94 posts · 58 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP @Xavier Leal! Want to introduce you to @Emily Holbrook who is also looking in those markets, maybe y'all can sync/team up. Definitely check out the tools (rental property calculator is one of my faves) and set yourself up with some keyword notifications to be notified when new topics/posts are published. Enjoy!

  • Noah BaconPro Member
    Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 844 posts · 1k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Xavier Leal:

    Hello! 

    I currently live in Boulder County and I am looking to continue investing journey in Colorado. Specifically, my focus centers around LTR in the Colorado Springs (lived there from 2012-2017 while I was in the Air Force) and Pueblo areas and am in it for the long game. I currently have one rental property in the north end of the Denver Metro area and i'm hooked! I'm eager and willing to learn as much as possible from this awesome community!

    Looking forward to connecting everyone! 


     Welcome to BiggerPockets, Xavier!

    Where are you looking in COS? I invest/reside in the Springs and would love to connect!

  • Crestview, FL · Member since 2021 · 110 posts · 76 votes
    3y

    Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community! It's great to hear you're enthusiastic about expanding your investment journey in Colorado. Real estate investing can be highly rewarding but also involves risks. You can build a successful and profitable real estate portfolio in Colorado Springs and Pueblo by doing your homework, seeking advice from experienced investors, and staying committed to your goals. 

    As you can see the community is great. Denver and CO is an area I'm looking into as well. Let's put something together. Partnerships??

    @Noah Bacon @Brittany Guimond

  • Lender · New York, NY · Member since 2022 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP!

  • Ben RhodinBusiness Member
    Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 338 posts · 331 votes
    3y

    Hey @Xavier Leal! Welcome to the community and congrats on already being an investor! I think your gameplan is great, and you have zeroed in on some good markets. Just going to throw it out there, if you have a property here in the Denver Metro already, what is keeping you from re-investing here? Are you currently located up here? 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP community @Xavier Leal ! We're glad you joined us.

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Best of luck investing!

  • Mackaylee BeachPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 492 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BP and best of luck as you endeavor through real estate world!

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    Welcome aboard Xavier and best of luck investing!

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Brittany Guimond:

    Welcome to BP @Xavier Leal! Want to introduce you to @Emily Holbrook who is also looking in those markets, maybe y'all can sync/team up. Definitely check out the tools (rental property calculator is one of my faves) and set yourself up with some keyword notifications to be notified when new topics/posts are published. Enjoy!


    Thank you for the tip Brittany! Also, thank you for introducing me to Emily. I will reach out and connect with her. 

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Noah Bacon:
    Quote from @Xavier Leal:

    Hello! 

    I currently live in Boulder County and I am looking to continue investing journey in Colorado. Specifically, my focus centers around LTR in the Colorado Springs (lived there from 2012-2017 while I was in the Air Force) and Pueblo areas and am in it for the long game. I currently have one rental property in the north end of the Denver Metro area and i'm hooked! I'm eager and willing to learn as much as possible from this awesome community!

    Looking forward to connecting everyone! 


     Welcome to BiggerPockets, Xavier!

    Where are you looking in COS? I invest/reside in the Springs and would love to connect!


    Thanks Noah! I'm currently looking at the Old North End, Garden Ranch area (as close to UCCS as possible), and Park Hill. I'll send you a DM and we can connect further! 

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Dock Newell Jr:

    Welcome to the Bigger Pockets community! It's great to hear you're enthusiastic about expanding your investment journey in Colorado. Real estate investing can be highly rewarding but also involves risks. You can build a successful and profitable real estate portfolio in Colorado Springs and Pueblo by doing your homework, seeking advice from experienced investors, and staying committed to your goals. 

    As you can see the community is great. Denver and CO is an area I'm looking into as well. Let's put something together. Partnerships??

    @Noah Bacon @Brittany Guimond


    Thanks Dock! I'll shoot you a DM. 

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Zach Edelman:

    Welcome to BP!


    Thanks Zach!

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ben Rhodin:

    Hey @Xavier Leal! Welcome to the community and congrats on already being an investor! I think your gameplan is great, and you have zeroed in on some good markets. Just going to throw it out there, if you have a property here in the Denver Metro already, what is keeping you from re-investing here? Are you currently located up here? 

    Hey Ben! Some of my reasons for looking into COS and Pueblo are: lower barrier to entry, I'm a lot more familiar with the COS and Pueblo areas, there are five military installations (all within 35 minutes or less from each other) and five colleges in COS which seems like a tremendous amount of opportunity. I'm certainly not opposed to the Denver Metro area and I'm open to the right opportunity here. I am in the Lafayette/Louisville area.

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Dmitriy Fomichenko:

    Welcome to BP community @Xavier Leal ! We're glad you joined us.

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Best of luck investing!


     Thanks Dmitriy!

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Mackaylee Beach:

    Welcome to BP and best of luck as you endeavor through real estate world!


     Thank you Mackaylee!

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Andrew Syrios:

    Welcome aboard Xavier and best of luck investing!


     Thanks Andrew!

  • Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2021 · 244 posts · 253 votes
    3y

    Hey @Xavier Leal! Colorado Springs is a great place to invest - I recommend connecting with @Ryan Thomson - he is an expert in the area and is absolutely killing it down there! He helps plenty of investors find the next property!

    Best of luck!

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Kayla Givens:

    Hey @Xavier Leal! Colorado Springs is a great place to invest - I recommend connecting with @Ryan Thomson - he is an expert in the area and is absolutely killing it down there! He helps plenty of investors find the next property!

    Best of luck!

    Thank you Kayla! I will definitely reach out and connect with Ryan. 
  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    3y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets!

    I’m active duty Air Force. 

    I wish you all the best as you continue your investing journey.

  • Real Estate Agent · Colorado | stan.store/JamesCarlson · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Xavier Leal:

    Hello! 

    I currently live in Boulder County and I am looking to continue investing journey in Colorado. Specifically, my focus centers around LTR in the Colorado Spring....! 

    Welcome to BP and back to Colorado Springs. My wife and I love in the Old North End. Absolutely love it. 

    I will say it's tough to cash flow right now with a long term rental in Colorado Springs (or Denver or Boulder or a lot of places in Colorado). That's largely due to current interest rates in the 6s and 7s that make your payment considerably higher than it would have been a few years ago. 

    That's not to discourage you from buying. If you think of real estate is a long term game, which I do and is what I tell all of our investor clients, then the appreciation of the property is where you'll make most of your money. Plus rents will confine to increase and even rates go down (though likely never below 4s in our lifetime), you can refinance. 

    Or get a little creative with your rental strategy. Rent-by-the-room or medium term rentals can juice your rent numbers. (We have a few medium term rentals in Colorado Springs and Denver.)

    Whatever you do, i wish you luck.

  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Hi Xavier, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is a great place to learn and to connect with people so take advantage of all the great resources.

  • Ben RhodinBusiness Member
    Realtor · Denver, CO · Member since 2020 · 338 posts · 331 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Xavier Leal:
    Quote from @Ben Rhodin:

    Hey @Xavier Leal! Welcome to the community and congrats on already being an investor! I think your gameplan is great, and you have zeroed in on some good markets. Just going to throw it out there, if you have a property here in the Denver Metro already, what is keeping you from re-investing here? Are you currently located up here? 

    Hey Ben! Some of my reasons for looking into COS and Pueblo are: lower barrier to entry, I'm a lot more familiar with the COS and Pueblo areas, there are five military installations (all within 35 minutes or less from each other) and five colleges in COS which seems like a tremendous amount of opportunity. I'm certainly not opposed to the Denver Metro area and I'm open to the right opportunity here. I am in the Lafayette/Louisville area.


     Totally! The COS area is a great investment ground, and I know a lot of people who do great down there. If you are up here in the area currently, have you considered your next investment as a househack? Especially in today's market, it's a great way to get in and for a low entry point compared to putting 20% down.

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @James Carlson:
    Quote from @Xavier Leal:

    Hello! 

    I currently live in Boulder County and I am looking to continue investing journey in Colorado. Specifically, my focus centers around LTR in the Colorado Spring....! 

    Welcome to BP and back to Colorado Springs. My wife and I love in the Old North End. Absolutely love it. 

    I will say it's tough to cash flow right now with a long term rental in Colorado Springs (or Denver or Boulder or a lot of places in Colorado). That's largely due to current interest rates in the 6s and 7s that make your payment considerably higher than it would have been a few years ago. 

    That's not to discourage you from buying. If you think of real estate is a long term game, which I do and is what I tell all of our investor clients, then the appreciation of the property is where you'll make most of your money. Plus rents will confine to increase and even rates go down (though likely never below 4s in our lifetime), you can refinance. 

    Or get a little creative with your rental strategy. Rent-by-the-room or medium term rentals can juice your rent numbers. (We have a few medium term rentals in Colorado Springs and Denver.)

    Whatever you do, i wish you luck.


    Thanks James! I've been studying the market in COS and I've been running the numbers to see if I'll be able to cash flow and I've been having trouble finding a deal that would. At first, I was under the impression that my math wasn't correct or that all the "deals" are gone but that doesn't seem to be the case. It is good to know that I am on the right track with everything being that it's tough to cashflow in COS or any desirable places in Colorado. 

    I appreciate your insight!

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Julio Gonzalez:

    Hi Xavier, welcome to BiggerPockets! This is a great place to learn and to connect with people so take advantage of all the great resources.


     Thank you Julio! Can't wait to dive right in!

  • New to Real Estate · CO · Member since 2023 · 20 posts · 23 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Ben Rhodin:
    Quote from @Xavier Leal:
    Quote from @Ben Rhodin:

    Hey @Xavier Leal! Welcome to the community and congrats on already being an investor! I think your gameplan is great, and you have zeroed in on some good markets. Just going to throw it out there, if you have a property here in the Denver Metro already, what is keeping you from re-investing here? Are you currently located up here? 

    Hey Ben! Some of my reasons for looking into COS and Pueblo are: lower barrier to entry, I'm a lot more familiar with the COS and Pueblo areas, there are five military installations (all within 35 minutes or less from each other) and five colleges in COS which seems like a tremendous amount of opportunity. I'm certainly not opposed to the Denver Metro area and I'm open to the right opportunity here. I am in the Lafayette/Louisville area.


     Totally! The COS area is a great investment ground, and I know a lot of people who do great down there. If you are up here in the area currently, have you considered your next investment as a househack? Especially in today's market, it's a great way to get in and for a low entry point compared to putting 20% down.


    Househacking might be the next/correct move to make. A friend of mine mentioned that she would like to be closer to the Lafayette area so there's certainly an opportunity for a househack!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.