Hello From Oregon

7 Replies

Hello all members of BiggerPockets and specifically members in Oregon. My name is Glen Kilgore from Salem Oregon and I have actively been investing in real estate since 1985. I remember my first foreclosure deal I purchased for $145.00 by paying the sellers lender an assumption fee. Seems like yesterday.

Anyway, I specialize in pre-foreclosures, have closed 100+ short sales with many lenders, done some rehabbing and a lot of wholesaling and flips.

I am thinking of retirement now and so am really focusing on buy and hold, with an equal balance of building cash flow.

I am constantly learning new strategies and am driven by anything that empowers me in my real estate business but personal life as well. I have a huge library on my computer from all the years in the business. E-books, videos, you name and I probably have it. You can never learn enough in this business. I refer to the library often for much of my education.

So again, hope to hear from all members and specifically in Oregon to share success stories and new ideas and strategies.

Promotion
Vacasa
Vacation Rental Property Management
We do the work. You get the ROI.
We do it all for your vacation rental. All—marketing, pricing, guest requests, housekeeping & more.
Free income estimate

Hi, Glen Kilgore. I actually knew a Kilgore, when I was stationed in Japan, in the Navy, was the gf of one of my friends.

I'm in Spokane, WA, a little ways off from you. Just seeing who's on my side of the map. [=

I was actually looking at various MFH props, including a couple mobile home parks, in that area, and they seem to be more what I'd be interested in, than what's in the Spokane/Cour d'Alene areas. But education, and networking come first.

Hi Glen,

That's one heck of experience. Thanks for sharing your story a bit. I'm totally new to RE. 2 Months ago bought my house by complete accident and love it. Before we even closed on the house, appraisal came $20k more than what we're paying for it and instantly we knew that we've hit a jackpot, even thou prices locally are soaring high . That incident made me wonder how many other people need to sell their house due to one or another reason(s) and decided to look in to RE. 

Glad I've arrived to BP and been listening to their podcasts nonstop everyday at least 4 podcasts to get caught up on the info and my education. This is where I have a question for you Glen: Do you know of any local good RE Club's that would be open to accept me and to learn from? 

Thanks for reading.

Hey Rick, good luck on your first deal. Good deals are everywhere if you look hard enough and know where to look. Depending on your resources and how you plan to purchase, I recommend building relationships with Realtors for leads. Were in a Sellers market with lots of buyers and few houses to sell, so you have to work a little harder and focus on FSBO and out of state owners. Good luck to you.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you