Just getting my feet wet in Grand Junction,CO

Just getting my feet wet in Grand Junction,CO

Specialist · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 2 votes

Hi Everyone,

Just got started investing in real estate this year looking forward to many more years and many more experiences. My background is in finance and logistics everything from purchasing to payroll to organizational management. I love the site, every time I visit I spend at least an hour reading. Everyone is very supportive, upfront and frank which I love.

So far I have purchased my primary residence and am halfway through a flip. I will probably be focusing on flips with maybe a rental or two thrown in. I am not set on the rental market as a 2 AM toilet broken phone call or a month or two empty rental does not really appeal to me but I do recognize that it is a good long term investment so I might be tempted.

Looking to gain KNOWLEDGE wherever it comes from.

Looking forward to getting to know the BiggerPockets community better.

Jacki

1Reply
30 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    12y

    Hi Jacki,

    I am in the commercial space so can't offer much on flips. J Scott has a great website for house flips to look at 123flip.com with case studies.

    Glad you joined the site............... : )

  • Developer · Garland, TX · Member since 2008 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome aboard, Jacki. Do you know what price range you will be focusing on, yet?

  • Specialist · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    Thanks Joel I keep hearing about J Scott. I will definitely check it out.

    Glad to be here Jon, Thank you. Well I am hoping the price range will increase over time but right now I am primarily looking at houses around the $100,000 mark. The one I just purchased was $78,000. I thought being cautious in the early stages was probably a good plan.

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Hello Jacki. You came to the right place! I’m a buy/fix and hold investor in the Bay in CA. But you’ll find a variety of all strategies here on the website. A few tips on the website and on meeting some fellow investors:

    Search for local meetups here or google a local REI club to network with other investors. On the site, the "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do the forums. You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the ‘vote' button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are ‘awards' to earn on your profile. Good luck on everything!

  • Rehabber · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2013 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    Hi Jackie - Welcome from another Grand Junction rehabber...the next meeting for the Western Colorado REI is on Thurs Feb 27th at the Hampton Inn on Main Street at 6 pm...

  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Don't know much about investing in GJ, but I'm sure at the basics, it's no different than any where else. Whenever you have a problem, just go get yourself some Enstroms toffee and everything will works itself out.

  • Specialist · Grand Junction, CO · Member since 2014 · 7 posts · 2 votes
    12y

    @Glenn G. Thanks for the information. I have been looking for a local group, I will put it in my calendar.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Jacki Solis thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts."

    See you around the site!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.