New BP member from Knoxville, Tennessee!

New BP member from Knoxville, Tennessee!

Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes

Hey guys, my name is Cory Anderson and I am new to the BP family. I have little to no experience with real estate investing but am extremely interested in it. I work full time for an agricultural supply chain across East Tennessee. I am planning on buying my first single family rental property this year and am trying to gather as much information as I can before I dive in. I look forward to reading all your posts and greatly appreciate any advice in advance!

2Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Buffalo, MN · Member since 2010 · 511 posts · 92 votes
12y

Welcome to BP @Cory Anderson . You have come to the right place to learn about real estate investing, plenty of great info here to help you.

See this reply in the discussion

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Buffalo, MN · Member since 2010 · 511 posts · 92 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP @Cory Anderson . You have come to the right place to learn about real estate investing, plenty of great info here to help you.

  • Real Estate Investor · Panama City, FL · Member since 2012 · 265 posts · 58 votes
    12y
    Welcome to BP! I'm in the Nashville area.
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    @Cory Anderson

    Welcome to BP community! It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing and check out BP Podcast.

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Homeowner · Maryville, TN · Member since 2013 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    12y
    Hi, Cory. Contact me. Hopefully we can work together on some deals in the future.
  • Real Estate Coach · Venice Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP Cory and good luck!

    And goooooo VOLS! I mean, it has to be their time, right? I went to MTSU. Used to go to UT a lot to play rugby against their team.

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Brian K.:
    Welcome to BP @Cory Anderson . You have come to the right place to learn about real estate investing, plenty of great info here to help you.

    Thanks Bryan! It looks like an excellent resource. I really appreciate your reply.

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Bobby Beard:
    Welcome to BP! I'm in the Nashville area.

    Thank you for your reply Bobby! I have lots of family and friends in the Nashville area, I look forward to talking with you in the future!

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Dmitriy Fomichenko:
    @Cory Anderson

    Welcome to BP community! It is a great place to meet new friends and learn about various aspects of real estate and more. Here are a few recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing and check out BP Podcast.

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select that person below. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

    Excellent information Dmitriy! I will take advantage of each one of these tips. I really appreciate your much needed help in getting started!

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Ben Schroeppel:
    Hi, Cory. Contact me. Hopefully we can work together on some deals in the future.

    I will connect with you Ben. Thanks for the reply!

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Ali Boone:
    Welcome to BP Cory and good luck!

    And goooooo VOLS! I mean, it has to be their time, right? I went to MTSU. Used to go to UT a lot to play rugby against their team.

    The Vols are way past due on a good season! I know Murfreesboro very well, I had a lot of good friends that graduated from there. I really appreciate your reply to my post Ali and look forward to hearing more from you. Thanks!

  • Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 220 posts · 18 votes
    12y

    Welcome, Welcome!

    We're happy to have you as part of the BiggerPockets community @Cory Anderson!

    Good luck :)

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:
    Welcome, Welcome!

    We're happy to have you as part of the BiggerPockets community @Cory Anderson!

    Good luck :)

    Thank you very much Caitlin! I am very impressed and excited about this resource!

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Cookeville, TN · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 948 votes
    12y

    @Cory Anderson - I'm in Cookeville. Welcome to the party and GBO!

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y
    Originally posted by @Bryan L.:
    @Cory Anderson - I'm in Cookeville. Welcome to the party and GBO!

    GBO! Thanks for the connection Bryan! I am very familiar with Cookeville, my parents live in Gordonsville about 30 minutes West of you. Pleasure to meet you.

  • Real Estate Agent · Milwaukee County, WI · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 525 votes
    12y

    Cory welcome to biggerpockets

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    @Ramon Jenkins

    Thanks Jenkins, I appreciate your response!

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome Cory. There are a lot of super helpful people and great advice on this site! I'm a "fix and hold" investor from the Bay Area in CA, and loving it! A lot of others doing flips, wholesaling, notes, everything.. A few tips..

    You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the "vote" button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are "awards" to earn on your profile. The "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and most importantly, the BP members! Welcome to BP, and good luck on your investments!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Cory Anderson Thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts."

    Also - here's a couple articles you might enjoy:

    The 21 Best Real Estate Investing Books Ever

    How to Rent Your House: The Definitive Step by Step Guide

    See you around the site!

  • Real Estate Investor · salem, OR · Member since 2013 · 105 posts · 32 votes
    12y
    Hey Cory Anderson I am going to start rehab fix & flips in Knoxville area contact me if you have any real questions. If you find a deal and want to wholesale let me know.
  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    @J. Martin

    Thanks for the information J! I really appreciate you reaching out and look forward to digging more into the site!

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    @Brandon Turner

    Hey man, you have a great thing going here! This is definitely the most informative site that I have found on the subject. It is amazing how many helpful people are involved and willing to share! I stay tuned in to the podcasts and look forward to hearing more, keep it up!

  • Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 4 votes
    12y

    @Chuck W.

    Thanks for the info Chuck, it's great to meet someone who will be working in my area! I will definitely take you up on the questions, I am just starting out and still have a lot to work through. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you and your business. Thanks!

  • Real Estate Investor · salem, OR · Member since 2013 · 105 posts · 32 votes
    12y

    @coryanderson

    Cory will be relocating to Knoxville soon, I am making offers on properties now but could need some help with local neighborhood questions. I can help you with real estate as well as rehab questions. I have done several flips in the past and have a background in real estate appraisal.

    My contact: Chuck Wilson

    [email protected] / 503-339-6954

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.