New Investor from Fitchburg Ma

New Investor from Fitchburg Ma

Fitchburg, MA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 3 votes

Hello everyone,

I am currently working as a QA analyst. I have been wanting to start my own real estate business for many years. I decided that this is the year to put my dream into action in order to leave corporate and build a successful business of my own.

I am interested in starting my real estate investing business by flipping properties in the Marlboro Ma area.

I am looking for a real estate agent in the area that has experience working with investors and also connecting with experienced investers that can provide direction as I begin this journey.

Can't wait to get started.

0Reply
15 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Landlord and Rehabber · Newton, MA · Member since 2010 · 2k+ posts · 877 votes
    12y

    HI Diann, welcome to BP.

    This is a great place to learn and make great connections both locally and around the country (and world even!). Make sure to read all the articles on the main blog, listen to the BP Podcasts (Many are on rehabbing, but all worth listening to) and read and be active in these forums and you will learn a ton fast.

    Also get out to several of the local investor meeting we have around here. I highly recommend the Black Diamond meetings that are in Worcester and Waltham. The NEREIA in Chelmsford is my favorite local REIA meeting and not too bad to get to doing the Rt2 to 495 thing. @Justin Silverio hosts a quarterly BiggerPockets themed Meetup in Woburn that has been very good the first few meetings. If your main focus is going to be rehabbing I'd try to get out to this one since this one will be at a recently finished rehab he did in Reading so you can see a finished product and I believe he is going to give a pretty detailed overview of the project.

    Besides these meetings there are a bunch more near Boston and on both the North and South shores. Not that many in your general area but a couple good landlord associations which might be worth going out to. You will meet agents and other people that will help build your network and maybe some end buyers if you rehab any multifamily places.

  • Lender · Tyngsboro, MA · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to BP, Diann. You can find lots of investor-friendly real estate agents at the events that Shaun mentions. I would meet and speak with many before you decide who to work with. Some of us have an introduction segment, where you have a few seconds to introduce yourself, so that would be the time to say: Looking for an investor-friendly real estate agent specializing in the Marlboro area.

  • Wholesaler · Sudbury, MA · Member since 2014 · 23 posts · 12 votes
    12y

    Hi Diann

    There are lots of new investors in your area, myself included. I've also found its great to specifically speak with other newbies. It's a good group to ask "dumb" questions because there is almost always someone else wondering the same thing but reluctant to ask. Plus, since no one is an expert, it's good practice for thinking critically rather than just taking the answer as truth.

    Best of luck

  • Braintree, MA · Member since 2014 · 53 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Welcome!

  • Fitchburg, MA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Thank you Matthew

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Diann Murphy Thanks for introducing yourself! It's great to have you here! Don't miss The BiggerPockets Podcast - they are great for learning how others are finding success.

    Also - be sure to check out the post "House Flipping: The Best of BiggerPockets." It's a collection of the best flipping info from the site.

    Oh - and be sure to set up some Keyword Alerts- especially for "Fitchburg" so you'll be notified when people mention it here in the forums.

    Thanks again for introducing yourself!

  • Mike HurneyPro Member
    Real Estate Investor · Boston, MA · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 542 votes
    12y

    Hey @Diann Murphy Welcome. Marlboro's a diverse area, good choice but what about Fitchburg, Mass?

  • Member since 2014 · 30 posts · 10 votes
    12y

    @Diann Murphy How has your search been coming along? I am also in search of investor friendly agents. It seems as though many agents shy away because they feel like they are being"used". I'm also new to the New England market, so still networking and trying to make the right connections. What meet ups/ REIC meetings have you attended?

  • Fitchburg, MA · Member since 2014 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    @Denisha McDonald
    Welcome Denisha, I'm still searching. Are you located in Central Mass? There are many REIA's. Below is a list of some that I know of. Are you a new investor? Maybe we could chat sometime.
    www.newenglandreia.com
    bostonareia.com
    www.southshorereia.com
    www.blackdiamondinvestments.net - this one is free

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.