Newbie Harrisburg PA/ Charlotte NC

Newbie Harrisburg PA/ Charlotte NC

Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 3 votes

Hi guys and gals,

My name is Andre I'm 23. I currently live in Harrisburg Pa, I plan on moving back to Charlotte NC the beginning of next year. I plan on becoming a house flipper and seeing where that takes me.

2Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Sanford, NC · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 69 votes
12y
Andre Dillard welcome to BP Andre! I am east of Charlotte, in Sanford. I have spent a lot of time in the Charlotte area, and it definitely has a strong and diverse real estate market. You will find everything you need to know here on BP. I wish you the best!
See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • House Flipper · East Stroudsburg, PA · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 205 votes
    12y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets. You can obtain a lot of good, free information from the forum as well as make good contacts from the Charlotte area. I think getting to the somewhat warmer weather is the way to go. Lots of luck.

  • Belmont, NC · Member since 2013 · 139 posts · 21 votes
    12y

    Awesome! Charlotte welcomes you! Flipping is a lot of fun and you will learn and see a lot on here.

  • Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    Thanks guys,

    I've been noticing that the housing market is nice back home. Wanted to try my luck.

  • Real Estate Broker · Sanford, NC · Member since 2014 · 169 posts · 69 votes
    12y
    Andre Dillard welcome to BP Andre! I am east of Charlotte, in Sanford. I have spent a lot of time in the Charlotte area, and it definitely has a strong and diverse real estate market. You will find everything you need to know here on BP. I wish you the best!
  • Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2014 · 6 posts · 3 votes
    12y

    @Kerry Smith undefined

    Thanks

  • Specialist · Rockland, MA · Member since 2010 · 7k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    @Andre Dillard

    Charlotte is one of the top emerging markets in the US where equity is rapid and huge.

    Welcome. Fill in the foundation below.

    Check out the Start Here page http://www.biggerpockets.com/starthere

    Check out BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide - A fantastic free book that walks through many of the key topics of real estate investing.

    Check out the free BiggerPockets Podcast - A weekly podcast with interviews and a ton of great advice. And you get the benefit of having 60 past ones to catch up on.

    Locate and attend 3 different local REIA club meetings great place to meet people gather resources and info. Here you will meet wholesalers who provide deals and rehabbers.

    Two Great reads, I bought both J. Scott The Book on Flipping Houses,The Book on Estimating ReHab Costshttp://www.biggerpockets.com/flippingbook

    Consider checking out HUD homes for small multi's owner occupied gets first crack.

    You might consider Niche or Specialized Housing like student housing. Rents can be 2-4 times more. Remember you don't have to own a property to control it.

    Good Luck

    Paul

  • J. MartinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2011 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    12y

    Hello Andre. You came to the right place! I’m a buy/fix and hold investor in the Bay in CA. But you’ll find a variety of all strategies here on the website. A few tips on the website and on meeting some fellow investors:

    Search for local meetups here or google a local REI club to network with other investors. On the site, the "Learn" link across the top navigation bar has lots of great info, and so do the forums. You can tag people by typing @ before you type their name, then clicking their name when it pops up at the bottom of the message box. You can click on the ‘vote' button if you like someone's post or is helpful, and there are ‘awards' to earn on your profile. Good luck on everything!

  • Rental Property Investor · Harrisburg, PA · Member since 2013 · 161 posts · 62 votes
    12y

    Hi Andre. Harrisburg welcomes you too! Are you doing any investing in the area?

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Andre Dillard Thanks for jumping in and introducing yourself! If you haven't yet- be sure to setup some "Keyword Alerts."

    Also - be sure to check out House Flipping: The Best of BiggerPockets. I think you'll find a lot of great resources on flipping there.

    See you around the site!

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to the BP family @Andre Dillard it’s great to have you here! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing.

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

    Wishing you the best!

  • Investor · Dillsburg, PA · Member since 2013 · 40 posts · 17 votes
    12y

    @Andre Dillard

    What's making you leave the area? Just curious - I've found success investing here.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.