New Investor In Birmingham, AL

New Investor In Birmingham, AL

Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 3 votes

Hello!

My name is KeAnna and I am a beginner real estate investor ready to go all in and change my financial situation. I am here to learn, network, find mentors, and find properties! My overall goal is have passive income while I am able to travel the world at ease.

3Reply
41 views

Most Popular Reply

Denise SuppleeBusiness Member
Realtor · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2017 · 984 posts · 643 votes
1y

@KeAnna Dakwa, I love hearing of your goals! Kudos to you! I have worked, invested and been involved in just about every aspect of real estate for over 30 + years and for the most part, it has been a great trip! I recently decided I wanted to figure out a way where investing passively, truly passively, is possible  being a non-accredited regular gal! My business partner Brian and I co-founded an investment group. And I love it! We are investing in large apartment communities, trailer parks, vacation communities, land and even a steel manufacturer. It has provided a way for our club members to diversify and spread their investments out. Brian lives in Peru and travels. Me, I wanted my own time to spend with my grandkids. So, no more screaming tenants, backed-up toilets and non-paying tenants, LOL! I so wish you the best of success! Keep those goals in mind and you will do it!!

Spark Rental Co-Investing Club580 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ty CouttsBusiness Member
    Lender · Denver, CO · Member since 2022 · 467 posts · 230 votes
    1y

    Hi KeAnna! It’s great to see your enthusiasm as you dive into real estate investing. The Birmingham market has been showing steady growth, with increasing demand for both single-family homes and multi-family properties. Neighborhoods in areas like Homewood and Hoover have been experiencing strong appreciation, and the rental market continues to be strong, especially with the growing number of young professionals and college students in the area.

    As a loan officer, I’m here to help you navigate the financing process, whether you’re looking for your first investment property or expanding your portfolio. Feel free to reach out with any questions about loan options or how I can support your real estate journey! Looking forward to seeing your success!

    Ty Coutts - Aslan Home Lending 544 Reviews
  • Julio GonzalezPro Member
    Specialist · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2008 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hi KeAnna, welcome to the community! There is a great group of members on here to connect with.

  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @KeAnna Dakwa:

    Hello!

    My name is KeAnna and I am a beginner real estate investor ready to go all in and change my financial situation. I am here to learn, network, find mentors, and find properties! My overall goal is have passive income while I am able to travel the world at ease.


     Welcome to BP, KeAnna! This is a great place for you to learn

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2023 · 831 posts · 577 votes
    1y

    Welcome to BP @KeAnna Dakwa! You're definitely in the right place. 

  • Memphis, TN · Member since 2023 · 100 posts · 24 votes
    1y

    Hi @KeAnna Dakwa! 

    Welcome to the forums. I love that goal - what's your timeline for reaching that point in your investing journey? 

  • Lender · Ellington, CT · Member since 2024 · 210 posts · 103 votes
    1y

    Hi @KeAnna Dakwa,

    I'd recommend looking into the forums for the BRRRR strategy. This is a great way to build experience and get some quality rental properties under you while keeping your liquidity up to go find additional properties.

  • Investor · United States · Member since 2022 · 55 posts · 15 votes
    1y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets! I'm totally with you on using real estate to give yourself the freedom to travel :) 

    We love Birmingham as a market - we analyze thousands of on-market properties every day for investors around the country (also in the pursuit of giving time back!) and Birmingham is definitely a great one. Would love to hear how your journey goes and where your travels take you!

  • Lindsay DavisBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2019 · 326 posts · 203 votes
    1y

    @KeAnna Dakwa,

    Welcome to BiggerPockets—it’s great to see new faces around here.

    I’m also excited to see that you’re from Birmingham—I’m from the area as well, and I’ve been active here as a broker and turnkey provider for over 15 years.

    I see that you’re looking to build passive income. Feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions about the market, things to look out for, or ideas on getting started!

  • Shawn AckermanPro Member
    Real Estate Entrepreneur · Mid West, East Coast · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Hello @KeAnna Dakwa Welcome to BP! Goodluck on your REI Journey.

  • Todd AndersonPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Cape Coral, FL · Member since 2023 · 392 posts · 175 votes
    1y

    @KeAnna Dakwa,

    Welcome to the BP community.

    Although the Bermingham market has slowed,  I still thing that this will be a good market for growth.  

    Best of luck learning about what strategy will work best for you.  Connect if you have more specific questions.

  • Denise SuppleeBusiness Member
    Realtor · Willow Grove, PA · Member since 2017 · 984 posts · 643 votes
    1y

    @KeAnna Dakwa, I love hearing of your goals! Kudos to you! I have worked, invested and been involved in just about every aspect of real estate for over 30 + years and for the most part, it has been a great trip! I recently decided I wanted to figure out a way where investing passively, truly passively, is possible  being a non-accredited regular gal! My business partner Brian and I co-founded an investment group. And I love it! We are investing in large apartment communities, trailer parks, vacation communities, land and even a steel manufacturer. It has provided a way for our club members to diversify and spread their investments out. Brian lives in Peru and travels. Me, I wanted my own time to spend with my grandkids. So, no more screaming tenants, backed-up toilets and non-paying tenants, LOL! I so wish you the best of success! Keep those goals in mind and you will do it!!

    Spark Rental Co-Investing Club580 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.