New member - agent + investor in Columbus, OH

New member - agent + investor in Columbus, OH

Michael LiggettBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2025 · 28 posts · 33 votes

Hi all! My name is Michael Liggett. I am an agent + investor based in Columbus, Ohio.

Real estate has been a part of my life since birth. My grandfather, along with his twin brother, were home builders who transitioned into building and managing a significant multi-family portfolio, which remains family managed to this day.

With my personal family background, as an agent I have largely engaged in the multifamily space working with legacy owners in the sale of their properties - from 6 unit, single building properties to 19+ unit, multi-building properties. Working in this space has provided me with keen insight into the special dynamics of legacy owners, including the exit paths that are most attractive to them.

If you are looking to sell or buy in the Central Ohio market, I’d love to put my skills, knowledge, and experience to work for you.

On top of being an agent, I am also an investor, as I believe in not only talking the talk but walking the walk. I am primarily focused on value-add/BRRRR properties. From my experience as an investor, I have first hand knowledge in developing scope of work, project management, contractor relations, and property management.

As an investor, I am looking to continue to scale my portfolio in both multifamily and single family. Additionally, I am seeking to break into flipping. In both investing endeavors, I am open to partnerships/joint ventures.

On top of buy & hold properties, I am also looking to step into the flipping space, as well as expand my knowledge on mid-term rentals (which is lacking in our Central Ohio market).

Michael Liggett - StyerREP
4Reply
35 views

Most Popular Reply

Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
1y
Quote from @Michael Liggett:

Hi all! My name is Michael Liggett. I am an agent + investor based in Columbus, Ohio.

Real estate has been a part of my life since birth. My grandfather, along with his twin brother, were home builders who transitioned into building and managing a significant multi-family portfolio, which remains family managed to this day.

With my personal family background, as an agent I have largely engaged in the multifamily space working with legacy owners in the sale of their properties - from 6 unit, single building properties to 19+ unit, multi-building properties. Working in this space has provided me with keen insight into the special dynamics of legacy owners, including the exit paths that are most attractive to them.

If you are looking to sell or buy in the Central Ohio market, I’d love to put my skills, knowledge, and experience to work for you.

On top of being an agent, I am also an investor, as I believe in not only talking the talk but walking the walk. I am primarily focused on value-add/BRRRR properties. From my experience as an investor, I have first hand knowledge in developing scope of work, project management, contractor relations, and property management.

As an investor, I am looking to continue to scale my portfolio in both multifamily and single family. Additionally, I am seeking to break into flipping. In both investing endeavors, I am open to partnerships/joint ventures.

On top of buy & hold properties, I am also looking to step into the flipping space, as well as expand my knowledge on mid-term rentals (which is lacking in our Central Ohio market).

Welcome Michael!

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • John O'LearyPro Member
    Lender · Winter Park, FL · Member since 2021 · 737 posts · 412 votes
    1y

    Welcome to the community, Michael! It's fantastic to have someone with such a comprehensive experience as both the agent and investor. Looking forward to learning from your insights and possibly collaborating in the future!

  • Michael LiggettBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2025 · 28 posts · 33 votes
    1y

    Thank you, John!

    Michael Liggett - StyerREP
  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2016 · 593 posts · 664 votes
    1y

    Welcome to BP @Michael Liggett!

    Columbus is a great spot. 

    What makes you say Mid term rentals are lacking in town? Just curios 

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2024 · 250 posts · 71 votes
    1y

    @Michael Liggett

    Welcome in, Michael.

  • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Michael Liggett:

    Hi all! My name is Michael Liggett. I am an agent + investor based in Columbus, Ohio.

    Real estate has been a part of my life since birth. My grandfather, along with his twin brother, were home builders who transitioned into building and managing a significant multi-family portfolio, which remains family managed to this day.

    With my personal family background, as an agent I have largely engaged in the multifamily space working with legacy owners in the sale of their properties - from 6 unit, single building properties to 19+ unit, multi-building properties. Working in this space has provided me with keen insight into the special dynamics of legacy owners, including the exit paths that are most attractive to them.

    If you are looking to sell or buy in the Central Ohio market, I’d love to put my skills, knowledge, and experience to work for you.

    On top of being an agent, I am also an investor, as I believe in not only talking the talk but walking the walk. I am primarily focused on value-add/BRRRR properties. From my experience as an investor, I have first hand knowledge in developing scope of work, project management, contractor relations, and property management.

    As an investor, I am looking to continue to scale my portfolio in both multifamily and single family. Additionally, I am seeking to break into flipping. In both investing endeavors, I am open to partnerships/joint ventures.

    On top of buy & hold properties, I am also looking to step into the flipping space, as well as expand my knowledge on mid-term rentals (which is lacking in our Central Ohio market).

    Welcome Michael!

  • Michael LiggettBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2025 · 28 posts · 33 votes
    1y

    Thanks all!

    @Austin Steed: on mid-term: general chatter from talking with agents/brokers involved in that space...when I bought my first MF property end of last year, several reached out inquiring my plans for it and if I'd be doing mid-term.

    Michael Liggett - StyerREP
  • Samuel DioufBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus & Cleveland, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets Michael! Do you attend any local meet ups? 

  • Michael LiggettBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2025 · 28 posts · 33 votes
    1y

    Hi @Samuel Diouf! I most definitely do! I regularly attend COIN, and also Tommy Harr's events. Would love to know of others that happen.

    Michael Liggett - StyerREP
    • Jimmy LieuBusiness Member
      Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
      1y
      Quote from @Michael Liggett:

      Hi @Samuel Diouf! I most definitely do! I regularly attend COIN, and also Tommy Harr's events. Would love to know of others that happen.

      We have an event for InvestingColumbus on March 27th! Happy to share the details! Limited to only 100 attendees so make sure to RSVP asap before tickets run out

  • Real Estate Agent · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2024 · 155 posts · 103 votes
    1y

    Hello Michael! Great to read your story.. do you see yourself scaling up quickly or taking it slow at first?

  • Michael LiggettBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2025 · 28 posts · 33 votes
    1y

    Hey @Mike Fingleton my process has been taking it slow at first, but I am looking to get more aggressive through this year.

    Michael Liggett - StyerREP
  • Michael LiggettBusiness Member
    OP
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2025 · 28 posts · 33 votes
    1y

    Hey @Jimmy Lieu signed up last night. Looking forward to it! See ya on 3/27

    Michael Liggett - StyerREP
  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Michael Liggett:

    Hi all! My name is Michael Liggett. I am an agent + investor based in Columbus, Ohio.

    Real estate has been a part of my life since birth. My grandfather, along with his twin brother, were home builders who transitioned into building and managing a significant multi-family portfolio, which remains family managed to this day.

    With my personal family background, as an agent I have largely engaged in the multifamily space working with legacy owners in the sale of their properties - from 6 unit, single building properties to 19+ unit, multi-building properties. Working in this space has provided me with keen insight into the special dynamics of legacy owners, including the exit paths that are most attractive to them.

    If you are looking to sell or buy in the Central Ohio market, I’d love to put my skills, knowledge, and experience to work for you.

    On top of being an agent, I am also an investor, as I believe in not only talking the talk but walking the walk. I am primarily focused on value-add/BRRRR properties. From my experience as an investor, I have first hand knowledge in developing scope of work, project management, contractor relations, and property management.

    As an investor, I am looking to continue to scale my portfolio in both multifamily and single family. Additionally, I am seeking to break into flipping. In both investing endeavors, I am open to partnerships/joint ventures.

    On top of buy & hold properties, I am also looking to step into the flipping space, as well as expand my knowledge on mid-term rentals (which is lacking in our Central Ohio market).


     Welcome to BP Michael! It was great meeting you the other week

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.