Australia based looking to invest in single family

Australia based looking to invest in single family

Member since 2025 · 1 post · 3 votes

Hello BP's,

Im an Australian investor based in Melbourne. I would like to start investing in the USA. I watch alot of US based content on YouTube and have been to the States a few times to look around mainly in the MidWest.

Thanks

Daniel Drummond

3Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 149 posts · 193 votes
1y
Quote from @Daniel A Drummond:

Hello BP's,

Im an Australian investor based in Melbourne. I would like to start investing in the USA. I watch alot of US based content on YouTube and have been to the States a few times to look around mainly in the MidWest.

Thanks

Daniel Drummond


 Hey Daniel, welcome to BP! Here's an article with some good points to consider as you think about investing in real estate abroad: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/how-foreign-investors-can...

I also invest in the Midwest, happy to talk shop if you ever have questions!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ryan SpathBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Boise, ID · Member since 2017 · 565 posts · 377 votes
    1y

    @Daniel A Drummond I also invest in SFH. My markets are idaho & Florida. If you ever have any non location questions (I have no experience in the Midwest) feel free to reach out.

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2024 · 250 posts · 71 votes
    1y

    @Daniel A Drummond

    Welcome in, Daniel! 

    You’ve come to the right platform to expand your knowledge and channel your wealth into investment properties!

    Are there any markets that you are looking at specifically? Are you looking for long-term rentals? 

    Take a listen to the rookie podcast, I think this will be beneficial as well. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2020 · 149 posts · 193 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Daniel A Drummond:

    Hello BP's,

    Im an Australian investor based in Melbourne. I would like to start investing in the USA. I watch alot of US based content on YouTube and have been to the States a few times to look around mainly in the MidWest.

    Thanks

    Daniel Drummond


     Hey Daniel, welcome to BP! Here's an article with some good points to consider as you think about investing in real estate abroad: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/how-foreign-investors-can...

    I also invest in the Midwest, happy to talk shop if you ever have questions!

  • Rental Property Investor · Manteno, IL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    1y

    @Daniel A Drummond

    Just curious.  But what were some of the reasons you decided you wanted to pursue investing in real estate in the US? I don't know much but I think I've heard that australia real estate has been appreciating at a pretty good clip.  Do the rent to values simply not add up?  Are fix and flips not really an option there?

    One suggestion I have is that once you identify a couple of markets, I would look to partner with someone in those markets in your investing.  

    If you don't want to hold rentals in a partnership, maybe what you could do is split the deals so that you get a hold and then your partner gets a hold and then you get a hold and so on. But having a partner when you're out of the country would make things a lot less stressful and mitigate a lot of the risks.

  • Kerlous TadresBusiness Member
    Realtor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Daniel A Drummond:

    Hello BP's,

    Im an Australian investor based in Melbourne. I would like to start investing in the USA. I watch alot of US based content on YouTube and have been to the States a few times to look around mainly in the MidWest.

    Thanks

    Daniel Drummond


    Hey Daniel, welcome to BP! The Midwest has plenty of great investment opportunities, offering a strong mix of cash flow and appreciation in many promising areas. Definitely a region worth exploring!

    Kerlous Tadres | Reafco Real Estate540 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.