New Member in Gwinnett County, GA

New Member in Gwinnett County, GA

Investor · Dacula, GA · Member since 2014 · 8 posts · 7 votes

Hi All! What an awesome community!

I have been reading and listening to podcasts for a few weeks now and thought I would introduce myself.

About me: I am a husband, father of 2 (2.5 year-old boy, 5 month old girl), and travel nationally working for a fortune 500 medical device company as a consultant in the areas of leadership, process improvement, and change management. I primarily work with hospitals execs, surgeons, and staff in the OR setting, but also take on a few clients annually in other industries.

My RE goals: I have long been fond of RE, but have only bought/sold our 3 primary residences. I plan to build a family business which in 5yrs time generates at least as much monthly income as my current job. The "Why" is that I enjoy RE, and want more time with the family, and business they my kids could learn if they want to. I'm leaning buy and hold primarily, but am open to other sectors/strategies also. We have roots in both Atlanta (primary residence) and Maine (family is all there) so we would LOVE to own investments in both places. Because I travel so much, wholesaling may be a good way for me to start but I have never done it.

What I hope to gain from BP: I am already learning so much here, but I would love to connect with some folks who have similar aspirations, and also find local REIA I could connect with.

What I bring: While my RE experience is limited to our own homes, I do have specialized experience in areas which overlap nicely with any business. Standardization, process improvement, communication, contingency planning, leadership, task-overlap. I'm happy to help in any way I can.

Well that's me in a nutshell, I include a link to my linkedin profile below:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jonathan-brown/7/810/98/

2Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Lithonia, GA · Member since 2012 · 231 posts · 43 votes
12y

Welcome Jon!. I grew up in the Dekalb county area and my parents live very close to Gwinnett. They actually have a rental property in that area. Let connnect!

-Chudi

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    12y

    Welcome to the site Jon

  • Investor · Lithonia, GA · Member since 2012 · 231 posts · 43 votes
    12y

    Welcome Jon!. I grew up in the Dekalb county area and my parents live very close to Gwinnett. They actually have a rental property in that area. Let connnect!

    -Chudi

  • Investor · Wichita Falls, TX · Member since 2010 · 3k+ posts · 603 votes
    12y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets @Jon Brown, thanks for introducing yourself to the community! I really liked your introduction and can tell that the areas of specialized experience you bring to the table will definitely help you get off to a great start investing.

    Take this time to educate yourself on the business so you can take effective action towards your goals. Looking forward to watching you grow as an investor!

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    12y

    Hey @Jon Brown welcome to BP! I'm glad you're enjoying the podcast. You should definitely start jumping right in the forums! Also, if you haven't yet, try to setup some "Keyword Alerts." It's great for getting into local conversations.

    See you around the site!

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    12y

    @Jon Brown welcome to the community! Thanks for the intro and looking forward to reading more about your success.

  • Investor · Roswell, GA · Member since 2008 · 231 posts · 104 votes
    12y

    That was a great introduction @Jon Brown .

    Welcome to the BP Community! There is a lot of great information and contributors on the site. I am not too far away from you.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.