Lender · Redmond, WA · Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 6 votes
Hello!
Im a technical trainer by trade. Have always had an entrepreneurial mindset. I remember as a child listening to real estate wealth tapes with my dad which never amounted to much but still made an impression.
I'm at a place financially and mentally to now divest myself into this complex field. For now, I would like to focus my attention on the lending side as understanding contracts and what makes a good deal will set me up for later successes in investment when Im ready to make that move.
Im here to learn, network and perhaps find a mentor that can walk me through a couple deals. Look forward to connecting!
Real Estate Agent · Seattle, WA · Member since 2020 · 161 posts · 105 votes
1y
@Jason Richards welcome to the forums! There are some great people here who are a wealth of knowledge. What kind of lending are you hoping to do? There's so much you can do.
- Short term bridge loans for flips
- Mid term construction/development loans
- or longer term partnership deals where you bring the capital to an operator
Lender · Redmond, WA · Member since 2025 · 2 posts · 6 votes
1y
Thanks for responding. I'm leaning towards short term bridge loans for fix/flip/brrrr. Still making decisions on what my approach will be (flexibility, hard-line deal breakers, etc).
Im moving from NC to WA mid July. Most likely will focus efforts in more lender friendly states outside WA.
Any current private lenders connections or networks you are aware, would appreciate that info.
Thanks for responding. I'm leaning towards short term bridge loans for fix/flip/brrrr. Still making decisions on what my approach will be (flexibility, hard-line deal breakers, etc).
Im moving from NC to WA mid July. Most likely will focus efforts in more lender friendly states outside WA.
Any current private lenders connections or networks you are aware, would appreciate that info.
@Jason Richards Love that you're getting into the private lending space! When I first started about 18 months ago, I had a great friend introduce me to a colleague of his who was also a private lender. He walked me through my first deal from start to finish, and that process was invaluable to me.
I'm no pro, but I've done 5 loans so far with a 6th and 7th in the pipeline. Having a development and construction background also means I share a lot of the same language as my borrowers, which helps me assess deals and risk with a more practical lens.
Happy to chat if you ever want to compare notes or walk through deal structuring. Let me know if you'd like to hop on a quick call or video chat sometime! :)
New to Real Estate · Miami, FL · Member since 2024 · 1k+ posts · 457 votes
1y
Welcome, Jason.
Focusing on private lending first is a smart way to learn deal structure, risk assessment, and contracts without diving straight into ownership. Key is understanding borrower credibility, solid collateral, and clear exit strategies on every deal.
Feel free to reach out directly should you need any help!
Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
1y
why do you think WA is not lender friendly its actually one of the more lender friendly states there is. ??
although back east you will find values much lower so compared to WA or most parts of washington were loans are going to be 300 to 3 mil.. back east you can find stuff in the 50 to 200k range.